Women lifting heavy - with pics

Options

Replies

• Tldavis3s
    Tldavis3s Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    All of you look absolutely fabulous! Great job on all the hard work. This thread has inspired me to start lifting this week! Keep it going!!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Do you?

I never see anyone who has gotten their body fat under 20% with saggy tums

I'm not there yet. I'm at maybe 23-24%. Definitely hope to get rid of it, but it's still very soft and wiggly on the outside of some nice abs hidden underneath :laugh:
  • kitakam
    kitakam Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow! Everyone looks fantastic! How do I get started with the weights? I have 100+ to lose.
  • kkveggie
    kkveggie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    WOW! Bump.
  • sabrafox
    sabrafox Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    This is so encouraging. Thank you all for sharing.
  • sabrafox
    sabrafox Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I definitely see a difference between the middle and the bottom pics. Keep up the excellent work!
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<< lift as heavy as I can, no gym all at home
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • RhinestoneRocky
    RhinestoneRocky Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Everyone looks just fantastic! Such power, strength and dedication! You all should be so proud of your accomplishments!:drinker:

To the haters...seriously, why try to be so negative? No one cares and just trying to rile people up that have found a passion and changed their bodies isn't anything to slash and tear down, but celebrate! Pfft. I suppose your mothers never taught you "if you don't have anything nice or constructive to say, don't say anything at all". :ohwell:

To everyone who is interested in lifting, you won't regret it! :smile:
  • lswain1970
    lswain1970 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Wow. You ladies are a true inspiration!
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I am looking to start lifting but don't know where to start as dumb as this sounds, what do you think for new rules of lifting for women? Thanks :smile:

Also all the women on this thread look incredible!

I read NRLFW before I started lifting, mostly to educated myself. I haven't done the program that the book guides you on but I probably will when I get tired of my own routines or feel I'm not seeing results/pushing myself enough. So far so good though :smile:

As far as the people with the questions re: dodgy back- read and watch as many videos as you can on how to perform the big three exercises (squats, deadlifts, bench press) and build from there. Take it slow. Listen to your body.

Ladies- don't be scared to get in the weight room with the boys! You have every right to be there, as much as they do. It was scary for me too at first (like REALLY intimidating) but you will build confidence the more you do it.

and finally,@ghostrider197 - Thanks, sweet of you to say. I <3 being a ginger too :tongue:
  • kevinjb1
    kevinjb1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    In for the lovely lifting ladies
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    This post is just full of awesome sauce! I am halfway to my weight goal and just started with some lifting. Nothing heavy yet, but hope to get there. I love the way a muscular body looks and without sounding wackado you ladies are drool worthy!
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Love lifting heavy, love this thread, and love the before/after pics. Just love love love it! Bump!
  • monkeymomof3
    monkeymomof3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    So I'm nowhere near done....and this is just progress over 12 weeks of stronglifts.....And while I didn't lose ANY weight over those 12 weeks I do like my results so far.... hope it motivates your friend!! i LOVE lifting heavy.

progress.jpg

I would try to resize but I think you get the idea...lol...sorry!
  • steffihoney
    steffihoney Posts: 392
    Options
    You are all an inspiration!!! Great job!!! :)
  • Bambalina_1
    Bambalina_1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am sooo gonna start lifting!
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    You ladies look amazing. I love the lean look from lifting and I can't wait to lose and achieve the same. WTG.
  • Bambalina_1
    Bambalina_1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Before lifting weights in January 2013

dzffc3.jpg
    33bfzpx.jpg

After a couple of months of lifting weights

w8xbv6.jpg

takheg.jpg

After 6 months of lifting weights

344cjcx.jpg

2liig4o.jpg

sxd5y8.jpg

5upedt.jpg

r7jhqv.jpg

54shog.jpg

el4lsx.jpg

Edit: I just read the post about "please don't post pics of yourself flexing because it will scare girls who don't want to get bulky" so sorry if my offensively huuuuuge muscles scare anyone away :wink:

I think you just became my ultimate hero!! I WANT YOUR BODY!!! PS mines now is like how yours use to be! Your defo what I am aiming for :o)
  • redheadedgal
    redheadedgal Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Me ( I am 41)
    44475254_1042.jpg

me with heavy lifting:

44475254_7338.jpg
    44475254_630.jpg
    44475254_6214.jpg
    44475254_9.jpg

pretty sure I was more bulky BEFORE i ever picked up a barbell.

I so want to be you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!