Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    SherrielB - so glad to see you back - and glad your internet problems are fixed....my what a week you've had! Hope you can catch up on your sleep! Say, I love your Flag icon - makes me feel good just to look at it.

Tom - sorry you have to box up your office and move to the other building - what a hassle. At least you'll end up throwing out some old, useless stuff maybe?

Kah - oh no! Back spasms again! I think your trainer is too hard on you! Too much twisting! Ugh! :noway: Hope the Flexeril helps, and Zoe kneads you in all the right places!

jt - we all have days where we accomplish less than we set out to do - I had one yesterday - I planned to vacuum and got absolutely nothing done - I hope you and your son get that walk in. Do you think you'll walk that hill to the lake again or is it too darn hot?

Took my car back to the mechanic this AM and VOW to vacuum the condo today. I have NO EXCUSE and no place to go!
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Beth- My wife's fitbit is not syncing either, so I think their site is having issues. Mine seems to be doing alright though.
  • yogini2013
    yogini2013 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth is I used to be two steps forward one step back, but lately it seems like one step forward two steps back. I am hoping that when my hubby gets back from his job interview our lives will have direction and I won't slide towards the ":indifferent: " so often.. I don't get depressed, I just don't care. And for working on health improvement that is not a good attitude.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Truth:

I don't count all of the calories I intake... I feel like it becomes too much of a hassle to track down every condiment and if I have a 20 to 30 calorie snack I don't worry about it...

tds - welcome. If this is a hassle for you, you might want to put down 100 cal. total at the beginning or end of the day to account for these random calories to keep you honest..........

Thats a good idea. I count them, but a lot of days I don't want to. Especially condiments....
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Hello everyone. Going to go ahead and hop in if thats ok.

Thursday Truth - I used to love MFP and felt very motivated here back in 2010-2011...after taking a year off and coming back I don't feel that way anymore. It seems like a lot more "troll" type people have come into the boards and people can't get feedback like they could without people being judgmental or mean or just give smart-*kitten* (sorry) answers. Also many of my friends have hit goal and stopped logging onto MFP. I'm happy they hit goal, I just miss the daily motivation/encouragement from seeing people doing well. Just kinda feel in limbo at the moment.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    Thursday Truth is I used to be two steps forward one step back, but lately it seems like one step forward two steps back. I am hoping that when my hubby gets back from his job interview our lives will have direction and I won't slide towards the ":indifferent: " so often.. I don't get depressed, I just don't care. And for working on health improvement that is not a good attitude.

Funny how you say you just dont care, but your not depressed. In my experience, you're on the slippery slope to depression. I'd wager that indifference you're feeling is also part of the slippery slope. Could be some anxiety towards your hubbys job situation being up in the air as well as your awful condo neighbors. My depressions always start out with not caring, feeling 'blah" and not having opinions or cares towards things. It starts because you HAVE to deaden your feelings towards some things (like your neighbors where there IS no solution) but then you deaden your feelings toward things you don't mean to deaden your feelings towards. You have to be very introspective and look inside yourself and stop deadening your feelings against those things you don't mean to - such as your whole attitude toward eating healthy. Hope this helps! :heart:
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    Hello everyone. Going to go ahead and hop in if thats ok.

Thursday Truth - I used to love MFP and felt very motivated here back in 2010-2011...after taking a year off and coming back I don't feel that way anymore. It seems like a lot more "troll" type people have come into the boards and people can't get feedback like they could without people being judgmental or mean or just give smart-*kitten* (sorry) answers. Also many of my friends have hit goal and stopped logging onto MFP. I'm happy they hit goal, I just miss the daily motivation/encouragement from seeing people doing well. Just kinda feel in limbo at the moment.

you're safe here in this thread. Every single person is kind as can be! You'll get all the encouragement that you ask for! There are a lot of silly/goofy/quirky/ornrey threads out there but we are all about motivation and support.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    Got my squats done today before it got too late! Did 72 of the lil darlings. I'm finding I was putting my feet too far apart, like hips width apart instead of shoulder width apart. At the correct width, my titanium knee has less stress on it and I'm able to do more.

So far this week:

MON - squats - 56 DONE

TUES - arm workout with 3 lb weights - DONE

WEDS - rest

THURS - squats - 72 DONE
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Neuroticvirgo--You won't find any of the negativity here that bothers you. This is the only thread I read now. You'll soon make new friends here, too. Lots of us still have a long way to go.
    Thursday truth: Today I was released from physical therapy. There is still a lot of healing to do, but it is just a matter of my being diligent with my exercises and walking. She said that my strategy of doing the exercises once a day and walking for 1.5 miles in the evening is just fine. She also gave me some core exercises. She said she wanted me to be strong for my "new life" now that I have lost so much weight. The exercises she gave me will help strengthen my core and avoid back injury while I'm chasing toddlers. I got a really good calorie burn on the stationary bike while I was there, too. I'm free to go in and ride it any time. I guess the truth in the whole thing is that it makes me nervous to be completely responsible for my own success, but I guess we all are in the long run.
    Have a great day. Kaye
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Neuroticovertigo- Welcome to this thread. As Robin and Kaye have said we are very supportive here and negative people don't last long if they do pop in. We all have a common thread in that we want to lose 100 lbs more or less and we work to give each other our advice based on our past personal experiences. This has allowed us to become a "family". Check in with us regularly and get to know us. I started on here in 2011 and have been working steadily on losing weight and this is the only thread that I will read and post on.

Kaye- Congrats on being released from PT. I know you will be able to handle this on your own and it is cool that you can go to the PT to ride the bike. It is also cool that the PT gave you exercises to strengthen your core at home as well. Enjoy the grand kids. What part of Canada are you in?

Robin- Great job on the squats. You are rocking it:bigsmile:

Kelly- Sorry to hear that your back is bothering you again. Give it a rest and hopefully it will calm down soon.

Kita- Welcome to the group. You asked about suggestions for losing weight. It is hard to give advice when I don't know what you are eating but small meals throughout the day have helped some people. Going higher protein and lower carbs helped me. My trainer is suggesting eating dinner for breakfast (largest meal of the day) a normal lunch, and a small dinner (breakfast foods). She swears by it but I have not been successful and completing this change.

Sherrie- Glad the computer problems are fixed.

Angelika- It may feel like you don't care but deep down inside I am sure you really do care. Is this attitude a way of coping with not knowing the outcome and trying not to get your hopes up to high. I can understand that reaction to your husbands situation. I hope he gets the job. Hang in there. You have come a long way in the weight loss.

I had a wonderful day for exercised today just had lots of energy. My morning started with a 1.5 mile jog with my trainer (YES, I did it) She almost had me go farther but changed her mind. If my math is correct that is about a 13 minute mile. That is very exciting for me. Then she had me row for about 10 minutes so that was 2000M just over 1 mile. Then feeling fully energized I went swimming and did .5 miles (21 laps swim, 3 laps walk) It is just over .5 mile. It felt great to swim today and worked really hard. The surprising thing is that I did most of this on a glass of milk and a cereal bar for breakfast. I followed that up with a granola thin crisp between the gym and the pool and finally an soft baked oatmeal bar on the way home. I was not hungry so it worked out well. I did eat a sandwich for lunch and had a protein shake for an afternoon snack.

Truth- I am trying to decide if I want to meet with my trainer 2x's a week until I go back to work. It is only 4 extra visits. I think it would do me some good and help to keep me on track. I always tend to workout harder if I have someone pushing me to go farther and harder so I might try it for a couple of weeks. I can always drop a session if it gets to be overwhelming or it is not working for me.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Lauriek--I am in ID. We live in the extreme western ID. We are on what I like to call "Idaho's nose" where the Snake River winds around and forms a bump along west side of the state. It is the only place where OR is actually south of ID.
    Thanks for your vote of confidence and your encouragement regarding my exercise and therapy. The therapist told me today that she doesn't want me to use the theraband that the PTA gave me last week. She says that it puts too much stress on my new knees. I'm glad she said that because I was feeling like it was making the muscles too tight and sore. I'm happy to get rid of it.
    Have a great evening. Kaye
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Ok, had to show off a little! I *FINALLY* finished the rag rug I started before my stroke. I just never got back to it. It's a little rough since it was my first attempt, I know what I need to do differently next time (like make sure I rip the strips into narrower and more even widths) to make it come out tidier and not reinvent the wheel.

9316257397_0527364185_n.jpg
    IMG_2227 by KrisMowBook, on Flickr
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    bump
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Kris - I love the colors in your rug! it is b-e-a-utiful! :love:

Thursday truth -
    **TMI ALERT** feel free to scroll past...

I am entirely stressed out from my job. :sad: It is getting so bad, that I'm starting to doubt my own abilities, and I feel like I'm spiraling down a bad slope. I know this is not good... and the more I try to get out of it, the worse it seems to get. This is a lot of the reason I've been absent lately. I know that the stress itself makes the weight loss harder, not to mention that I'm fighting stress-eating. The past week I'm not even sleeping well because my stomach is just in knots (pain, cramping... and other symptoms... I warned ya on the TMI). Hoping that these are the stress and not something else (Have my 1-year postop checkup on Monday with the oncologist - only 2 more years to go if this one is good).

I guess I'm looking for ideas... I've decided to polish up the resume' and go shopping, but the job market isn't wonderful (and I'm the only income/insurance)... eek...

sorry to be such a downer... love y'all....
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    I guess I'm looking for ideas... I've decided to polish up the resume' and go shopping, but the job market isn't wonderful (and I'm the only income/insurance)... eek...

Changing jobs is scary but I think if you work on your resume and search for a better one one the down-low it might work out. My friend recently did that. Took her a few months, but in the meantime at least she had her income to pay the bills. And not to sound like a walking pharmaceutical (lol) have you thought about asking your doctor about an anti-anxiety. There are a few people in my family who take a very mild one and it was enough to let them deal with the day to day stuff without feeling like they were spiraling down the rabbit hole. Or maybe try to fit in some yoga in the morning before work? That way you get some inner peace before you have to deal with the stress. Just throwing some ideas out there. :flowerforyou:
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    BTW Thanks for the warm welcomes!
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options

Changing jobs is scary but I think if you work on your resume and search for a better one one the down-low it might work out. My friend recently did that. Took her a few months, but in the meantime at least she had her income to pay the bills. And not to sound like a walking pharmaceutical (lol) have you thought about asking your doctor about an anti-anxiety. There are a few people in my family who take a very mild one and it was enough to let them deal with the day to day stuff without feeling like they were spiraling down the rabbit hole. Or maybe try to fit in some yoga in the morning before work? That way you get some inner peace before you have to deal with the stress. Just throwing some ideas out there. :flowerforyou:

Thanks - As a nurse, I'm not against a little medication - I actually do have a history of anxiety disorder, but it's been ok for several years. I actually have a script for Valium (for a back injury), and I think one is definitely warranted tonight. Of course, I probably shouldn't have paired it with the wine cooler thingy :noway:
    I'm relaxed, but my stomach is still killing me...:ohwell:
  • RobinsEgg
    Options

Thanks - As a nurse, I'm not against a little medication - I actually do have a history of anxiety disorder, but it's been ok for several years. I actually have a script for Valium (for a back injury), and I think one is definitely warranted tonight. Of course, I probably shouldn't have paired it with the wine cooler thingy :noway:
    I'm relaxed, but my stomach is still killing me...:ohwell:

:ohwell: Do you have any TUMS?:flowerforyou: Hope you feel better. I think NV's advice is excellent,,.....

MowMow - cute rug I bet it goes well with all your other pink stuff!

Kaye - I'm glad you can go back to the rehab to ride the bike - that way you can touch base with your therapist from time to time if you have issues. But I'm also so proud of you for coming so far on your rehab that you've been released. You are walking farther than I can walk so be proud.
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Friday - Fitness (what are you doing to get fit? How are you preparing for weekend eating?

WELL- I am going to have a weekend away in Chicago with my lovely (Boyfriend). He and I will be going to visit the shed aquarium. It will be so fun! We are staying in a hotel and I have my workouts already planned a run at the hotel and 30 day shred the day we leave! :-) we will be walking around museums all day, and eating out... but I will do my best making good choices! cant wait!!!

Happy weekend all!:flowerforyou: