my dog ate my Fitbit One

Options

Replies

• mcgeorge5
    mcgeorge5 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I could not find any evidence that he pooped at all.
    Considering I made him vomit what he'd eaten earlier yesterday maybe he's not ready to poop yet? He did eat some last night and some again this morning.
    He's acting fine, just annoyed that he has to stay penned up. But still drinking water, etc.

He's about 30 pound sheltie/wire-haired terrier mix. Stocky body, short legs.

for the record, I don't care about the fitbit. I will get another one someday. I just don't have the money (or considering our vacation plans, the time either) to deal with a dog who needs surgery. And likely my husband will not agree to spend the money on such. I just need our dog to poop so we know that he's ok, and not going to have obstructions, etc.
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Spinach and carrots make my pup go...did the vet advise anything special to help prompt passing it? Praying for your pup...
  • FakingFitness
    FakingFitness Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I could not find any evidence that he pooped at all.
    Considering I made him vomit what he'd eaten earlier yesterday maybe he's not ready to poop yet? He did eat some last night and some again this morning.
    He's acting fine, just annoyed that he has to stay penned up. But still drinking water, etc.

He's about 30 pound sheltie/wire-haired terrier mix. Stocky body, short legs.

for the record, I don't care about the fitbit. I will get another one someday. I just don't have the money (or considering our vacation plans, the time either) to deal with a dog who needs surgery. And likely my husband will not agree to spend the money on such. I just need our dog to poop so we know that he's ok, and not going to have obstructions, etc.

Hopefully he'll poop soon. If not, you may have no choice about that surgery. You can't just not help him.
    Keep us posted and good luck!
  • mcgeorge5
    mcgeorge5 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    He pooped. It was normal stool. No fitbit tracker though. I'd like to find it just to be reassured he doesn't have an obstructed bowel. He's still eating and drinking as normal. His behavior seems normal. He still sets off the metal detector though.....
  • RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Bumping to put in my newsfeed because I simply MUST know how this story ends.
  • AzL99
    AzL99 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    LOL
  • ddipert
    ddipert Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Poor doggy, hope everything comes out ok. :sad:
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I LOVE that you had him sit by the computer to "sync up". Oh god, the mental image. "I'm syncing my dog up to the net."

This is exactly what I was thinking!
  • staroftheeast
    staroftheeast Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    How is your dog?

If the he hasn't pooped it out & the metal detector is still going off it is somewhere in him. the longer it's in his intestinal tract the more chance it has of causing an obstruction. Please follow up with your vet as it should show on X-ray.

Please keep us posted.
  • mmouse90
    mmouse90 Posts: 83
    Options
    Look into Care Credit.....its a credit card that some Vets will accept and it has 6month, 18month options of interest free. I have it since I have 4 dogs. You can ask the vet to do an X-ray and if I recall that was not too expensive when my dog had to have one to check her stomach. A friend of mine has a dog that always eats stuff and actually had to have surgery to remove a quarter, the entire vet trip cost him $1200 and the dog was in a lot of trouble and required a lot to help him. I say start with the X-ray.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    we swept his running path with the metal detector and didn't find it.
    Swept the dog (without a collar) and it went off.

Poop patrol.....ugh. or should I force him (somehow I have no idea how) to vomit?

You should take him to the vet. I had a dog die, because I also waited for her to either vomit or poop out a part of a key ring. She died as a consequence. Even more than thirty years later, I still feel ashamed when I think of what I did to my pet.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    agreed - it's been long enough that even a smaller dog (such as a sheltie) would have passed it by now.

Hopefully you can still get to a vet before they close without having to go to the 24-hour one. I know how expensive they can be (I work a non-profit and some of our after hours bills are RIDICULOUS).
  • Becca1637
    Becca1637 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    OMG I have to know how this ends!!!!
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    FunkyGranolaTree Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I must know how this ends... Poor pooch!
  • Harlequinndancer
    Harlequinndancer Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I truly hope for your puppy to be okay...and like the others recommend that he be sent for an xray or something to confirm the fitbit's whereabouts.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I hope he remembered to count the calories. Wonder how many that would have. :-D Hope your best friend passes it okay and isn't injured.
  • ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Aww... Poor puppysaurus. :(
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    (((Puppy))) prayers and (((hugs))), i say feed him, what goes in must come out! I wish you all the best!
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    It would be a good idea to take him to the vet, even just for an X-ray to make sure he actually has the device. Perhaps it just fell?
    Maybe it is stuck in the small intestine.

Please keep updating - like so many others, I want to know how this turns out. :( Hoping your puppy does ok.
  • tallulahthunderbird
    tallulahthunderbird Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    If the vet says your dog needs the surgery, is your husband really so heartless that he won't allow it? That absolutely breaks my heart. Maybe he should not be a pet owner. I hope the dog is okay.