my dog ate my Fitbit One

Options

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    In for the end of the story. It sounds like you're doing everything right.

If your dog does need surgery, post the story on the web and ask for donations. The story is engaging enough that I'm sure you'll have takers.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Never mind...

not worth the pissing contest.

OP, I hope your dog is ok, and that you are able to get him x-rayed, if that's what needs to happen for peace of mind that maybe he didn't ingest the fitbit.
  • BranMuffin86
    BranMuffin86 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Oh no I'm sorry. I hope you find it sooner then later if you know what I mean.
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    In for dog poop
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    in for nosiness
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    soooo....how's the dog. PLEASE?
  • CherylGardner
    CherylGardner Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    The fitbit one seems to be mostly plastic to me. I don't think a metal detector will pick it up. If you, or someone you know has a iphone 4S or newer (or one of the android devices that they support with the right Bluetooth version), download the fitbit app and try to sync out in the yard around where the dog was. Even if you can get the laptop out to the yard with the network connection, give it a go. If it syncs, at least you'll know it's not in the dog (which it doesn't sound like it is).
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    And I thought it was bad because my clip bent!! Good luck
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    HOW'S THE DOG????
  • Jaynehr
    Jaynehr Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    So what's up with the dog? Reading all these posts from 7/17 and still don't see anything that says what happened. :(
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I'm in (hoping for a report that the Fitbit was somewhere on the ground the whole time).

While everyone is waiting, here's a fun game you can play: match the x-ray to the description of what the dog swallowed.

http://www.brooklynbark.com/bbblogs/?Tag=x-rays of dogs with foreign bodies in their gut
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Now here's a new thought as I have a dog that eats anything and everything, including half a tub or protein powder. Does the dog have long hair like a sheltie? Could it possibly be tangled in the hair somewhere?

My aunt has shelties and I groom them and find all sorts of interesting things tangled in their hair.

And as a behaviorist, most dogs when being chased will swallow what is in their mouths to prevent a person from taking it away unfortunately. Just because it hasn't passed yet doesn't mean it's not still in there stuck in the stomach. A trick my vet told me is to feed the dog bread as it can (but not always) wrap around objects in the stomach and help them pass. This was after my dog ate a nail and it worked.

I've been on poop patrol and it can be so nerve wracking that you miss the item, I did, the nail, until we took all poop onto the patio and, well, did a thorough search.

Good luck and I hope your dog is okay. Please keep us all posted.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    How can we have NO resolution yet?!? I seriously cannot keep checking this thread repeatedly and find no answer on the missing FitBit/Dog Poop dilemma. OP, please fill us in....
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    The fitbit one seems to be mostly plastic to me. I don't think a metal detector will pick it up. If you, or someone you know has a iphone 4S or newer (or one of the android devices that they support with the right Bluetooth version), download the fitbit app and try to sync out in the yard around where the dog was. Even if you can get the laptop out to the yard with the network connection, give it a go. If it syncs, at least you'll know it's not in the dog (which it doesn't sound like it is).

But this was a couple of days ago. If the FitBit gets wet, it won't work. Dew or rain might have destroyed it by now... if the battery is even still good. For that matter, if the dog did swallowed it, I fully expect that thing to be shot functioning-wise.
  • Becca1637
    Becca1637 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You can't leave us hanging like this. Im about to chew the end of a pencil, or god forbid eat cookies cause i'm going crazy wondering what the outcome will be. I keep singing Willy Wonka's "We have no way of knowing..in which direction the fit was going"...LMAO!!!!
  • Jred36
    Jred36 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Dickson1525
    Options
    has there been any update on the dog???
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Has anyone messaged the OP?
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Bumping to find out how the poor dog is!!
  • mcgeorge5
    mcgeorge5 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    As of yesterday afternoon, we got a new collar for him and so he was no longer penned up. He did start pooping immediately when we fitted the collar and he was able to run around as he likes. His stool is normal in color and texture. We have looked through a couple deposits but did not find the fitbit. We must assume that since he is acting very normal, playing, eating normal (I bought treats for him to make sure he did not get constipated from his day of being quarantined) and drinking water as usual, that he must not have swallowed the tracker, or that he has eliminated it where we did not notice (we didn't stay outside and follow him around all evening and night and this morning).

I have been in contact with fitbit, their customer service is very good, and we are discussing a new fitbit. Whether or not it is replaced or I have to buy one I don't know yet.

Thank you all for your concern about our dog. He is well-cared for and in good hands.

Btw, he eats anything that lands on the ground. Just a few minutes ago a napkin from my lunch blew off the table onto the ground and he ran off with that too. I found half of it when he eventually let it go. I'm sure that he's going to be just fine.