Tall People Check In

Options
15678911»

Replies

• lightdiva1
    lightdiva1 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    <<<<<In for tall people.

Just stopping by to admire all the tall people. Appreciate your height! (I am short)
  • welly5
    welly5 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    HA! I totally get the "you have to be taller than 5'8" (which i know isn't as tall as lots of the people in here) from guys who are shorter than 5'8
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'4" and my 17 year old son is just about to pass me up... (eye to eye right now!)

But, honestly, I love being tall. My wife is 5'10" and she was captain of her HS basketball team....

You might think that our kids would be giants, but so far only one of our 6 kids (4 boys and 2 girls) has outgrown us (the 17 year old).... The oldest is 19 and the youngest is 1.

Embrace the sky!! Tall people rule!!

Im with ya there, im 6'5 and my wife is 5'8.5 and the kids dont seem to be measuring up in height, but then again they say height comes from the mother's side of the family.

Well that explains my kids! I'm 5'9", hubby is 5'10"....our 7 year old son is already 4'4" and our 4 year old daughter is 3'7". The women on Hubby's side are all about 5'3", but on my side, most are around 5'7".

As far as finding pants, it sucks because I'm RIGHT between regular and talls. Talls are too long (unless I wear heels) and regulars are JUST this side of being too short (but are okay with gym shoes)....
  • jaycbadass
    jaycbadass Posts: 325
    Options
    6'2
    I just get annoyed at "hey can you reach that for me in the cupboard"..B__h how did it get there in the first place?
  • jaycbadass
    jaycbadass Posts: 325
    Options
    6'5 here, if only it were easier to find good clothes.

What brands are people wearing? This seems to be a question I'm forever asking :/

Anything that is not H&M
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    snip>
    Just answer the basketball question with, 'Oh you are 5'1, you must live under a bridge.' Just kidding
    hhaha
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    5'7" living in an ethnic group where most girls are 5'2"-5'5" and the men are 5'7"-5'1"". Let's just say seeing anyone over 6'1" is like seeing a unicorn.

I tower over all my female friends in photos, and they make my waist look giant.

My 2" heels make me feel 6" tall & I was once asked "why am I so tall."

Short guys like me... But dudes who are 5'6" or under just feel like hobbitseses to me. I feel like "the man" standingbaround them even if I'm in a dress.

I have to hunch my back & tilt my head down to hear them talk to me in bars. (Not a good posture look for me & I'm sure the very act mortifies them).

I LOVE being near anyone 6'1" or taller, I get to feel like a little lady for once.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
  • JeremiahStone
    JeremiahStone Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    6'1 and growing!
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    5'11"
    > 37" inseam all legs

My husband is a sucker for long, lean legs he's 5'3" :bigsmile:
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    5' 11

hard to find pants

I hear ya. I get my jeans from Old Navy's website in the section for us tall folks.

I'm 5'9"
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    there's this guy who sells tall girl tank tops... I'm loving some of his sayings... (www.royleejames.com)

this is one of my favs:
    image.jpg\

he also has sayings like:
    I'm not tall, I'm standing on an invisible stool
    I used to be short, but I grew out of it

Personally, I love being 6'1, and rocking out 3.5" heels.
    :heart:
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    love tall

im 5'9
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    6'4" checking in with size US14-15 shoes, depending on the brand.
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    5'11"

I recently found out that I will never be able to drive a Mazda Miata (comfortably.)
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    height is relative no? 5'10.5 Asian CHECKIN' IN!
  • Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    5'5 9 year old, checkin in'
  • RobertaDub
    RobertaDub Posts: 21
    Options
    5ft 10 girl checking in. I get called a transvestite a lot. Yawn.
  • PeanutButterLuver
    Options
    5ft 9