Humans are not designed to drink cows milk

Options

Replies

• tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    a lady named bcattoes proved me wrong on this once before in a thread a long long time ago. cats drink milk lol

cats drink other animals milk? by choice? try again
  • l_clc
    l_clc Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    not-a-milk-machine.jpg

THANKYOU for this. I'm a veggie but am toying with the idea of becoming vegan. This helps.

you know if nobody bought meat or milk, that cow would have never been born, right? or would be meat instead of milk
    It probably would have preferred not to be born than kept in miserable onditions.

It's funny hearing comments about animal abuse on dairy farms or animals being kept in 'miserable conditions' from someone who has absolutely no idea.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    The genetic mutation that allows for lactase production throughout life in some indicates that yes, in fact, you ARE designed to drink cows milk if you have that mutation, considering that dairy farming is what brought about the mutation and its persistance.

By the logic of the "we aren't designed to drink cows milk" hooplah, if you in fact are one of the people blessed with lactase production in adulthood, you absolutely SHOULD drink cows milk as you know for a fact that your ancestors specifically evolved to drink cows milk; it is the one food product that you are absolutely certain that you are in fact designed to consume, as there is no other reason for lactase production to persist into adulthood.
  • Bigjuicyhog
    Bigjuicyhog Posts: 61 Member
    Options

THANKYOU for this. I'm a veggie but am toying with the idea of becoming vegan. This helps.

you know if nobody bought meat or milk, that cow would have never been born, right? or would be meat instead of milk
    It probably would have preferred not to be born than kept in miserable onditions.

It doesn't prefer anything. I am all for treating animals humanely. but they are a food source. I myself never waste, if there is fat etc I use it in another way of cooking and make sure very little goes to waste. I buy it daily and eat what I purchase.

do you think the living soybean or plant prefers to be boiled, or eaten alive?
    This is getting silly now. Got better things to do with my time than respond to daft comments like your last line.

Since we are now going to be saving cows, maybe we shoul start eating small dogs instead.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    a lady named bcattoes proved me wrong on this once before in a thread a long long time ago. cats drink milk lol

they drink what i give them :) (just kidding i don't have a cat)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

they drink what i give them :) (just kidding i don't have a cat)

I sure as heck never have to twist my cat or my dog's arm to drink it. Most non-herbivore adult animals will willingly drink milk if given the opportunity.
  • downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Humans are not designed to drink all the chemicals that are in the milk you buy in the store, that's the trick.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    not-a-milk-machine.jpg

I shall help eat her when she becomes the delicious steak that is on my plate.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    not-a-milk-machine.jpg

=(

I am guessing you all have never even stepped on a dairy farm if you think this is even true.

^^This is the correct reply.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Since we are now going to be saving cows, maybe we shoul start eating small dogs instead.

Dogs are eaten in some cultures. Why only small dogs?
  • phatguerilla
    phatguerilla Posts: 188 Member
    Options

Not only do cats drink other animals milk by choice but birds especially tit varieties used to break the seal on milk bottles delivered to peoples houses to get at the cream on top. try again!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I've tried a number of the different 'milks' out there and while I like them, I find them awfully sweet, so I'm going to stick to my cow's milk, thank you very much.

Though I'm pretty certain that years of generations drinking cow's milk has made it okay for us to have it.

So why is there still lactose intolerance among our society? All humans are lactose intolerant, just some people are more "intolerant" then others. I'm sorry, but i'm not drinking a steroid & hormone laced milk that makes a calf grow to 900lbs in a few months.

Some people are allergic to peanuts. Some people can't eat strawberries. Just because a few people have allergies/digestive issues doesn't mean that it's unacceptable for the rest of society to consume and enjoy those foods. Your argument is invalid.

I do believe in promoting responsible animal care and treatment. However, I am not going to give up dairy, meat, etc because someone showed a sad picture of a cow on the internet. A cow is an animal. I am a human. I have no issues having dominion over animals.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

Not only do cats drink other animals milk by choice but birds especially tit varieties used to break the seal on milk bottles delivered to peoples houses to get at the cream on top. try again!

I saw baby tigers suckle from a pig and kittens nurse from a golden retriever. Animals will eat anything that sustains them and doesn't make them dead.
  • terlyn20
    terlyn20 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I put milk out the other day for a kitten and saw 2 noisy chickens drinking it too and yes they had plenty of water/food.

i know pple have stomach issues with dairy, but i am not one of them. Love my milk. I even
    make my favorite hotty totty with it.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    not-a-milk-machine.jpg

Yum!! Milk AND Steaks. I'd call that win win.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    That's why I only drink almond milk. It has fixed all my flatulence problems. Give it a try!

I drink Lactaid milk, It has fixed my flatulence problems :)
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    not-a-milk-machine.jpg

=(

I am guessing you all have never even stepped on a dairy farm if you think this is even true.

Holy *kitten* we agree on something..
  • hseipel12
    hseipel12 Posts: 26
    Options
    not-a-milk-machine.jpg

=(

Agreed, probably got all of their information from a PETA video. Having been on many dairies and growing up on one myself, I've never known this to be true at all.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    We are the only species that willingly drinks milk from another species and after infancy.

taq0qc.jpg
    6ib6v4.png
    9h1i12.png
    2yxpvtd.jpg
    2wd7nzp.jpg