Shaun T- FOCUS T25....success stories??

Options
I want to get this....I have looked at the Beachbody website and saw those success stories but looking for "real" success stories! I am trying to convince my husband that we NEED this and we can do it together :-)

Replies

• sumer_13
    sumer_13 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Not a success story yet! Will be at the end! Just finished my second week, just worked out with T25 rotation only.! lost
    8lbs and 6inches. In my opinion it is a excellent program! just be prepared to work!The time passes by so fast on the workouts.
  • tracyanna
    tracyanna Posts: 20
    Options
    You will only find the test groups' success stories at this point as this is a program that was just released to the public. The test group are real people and they purposely select individuals that are dedicated and looking to change their fitness/health. Then they have the test group in the actual final videos that they release.

I just completed week 1 of T25 and have to say that I collectively really love the program so far. I have to mentally get around only working out for 25 minutes but after completing the doubles on Friday I can say that I definitely got in a good total body workout throughout the week.

I have completed both P90X and Insanity and this is the first time I have felt that both my lower and upper abs got worked really well. And I enjoyed the ab workout as well. :-) My problem areas are mostly my legs and butt and there are some great moves that really work your gluts and all over your legs (calves, outer thighs, etc)

Anyone can do this workout with the modifier that is included (Taina is the modifier and she was also in Insanity) -- She was a part of the test group and lost her weight she gained after having a baby recently (since Insanity). The time really does fly by -- even when I did the back to back doubles on Friday (which you can not do or do one in the morning and one in the evening) it didn't seem to drag out since there was a change in focus from the two DVDs. If that makes sense?! :-)

I am really looking forward to the Beta phase (2nd 5 week program after the first 5 week alpha program) since it will be stepping it up a notch.
  • rgugs13
    rgugs13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I just finished the first week of it, and I really like it. It is definitely hard and I have to modify most of the time, but it isn't as intimidating as Insanity. I tried Insanity a couple years ago, similar health level, and the last 3 workouts I did I ended up in the fetal position at the end trying to not throw up. Not really a great reintroduction to fitness! These workouts remind me of stuff I did as an athlete in high school, and I really like that. I haven't tracked my measurements like I probably should. I'm also not really following any nutrition program. I know nutrition is the key to losing weight, but I find I eat healthier when I workout, so I'm concentrating on making exercise a habit first.

Good luck!

Rachel
  • zepol87
    zepol87 Posts: 10
    Options
    My wife and I are going to start on Monday but I will be doing doubles with P90x strength stuff.
  • jolene_ca
    jolene_ca Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3 day 2. I LOVE IT. I'm down 2-3lbs. (I was maintaining in a 1lb range at a BMI of 22 when I started) and I've lost inches. it goes by super quick and even though it's intense at times by the time you realize how hard you're working it's almost over. And when I'm done I feel like I've gotten a great workout. I love that it's only 25 minutes. I have 5 kids so being able to get it done so quickly is huge for me.
  • mtlegacy
    mtlegacy Posts: 16
    Options
    Starting Week 4 on Monday, lost several pounds and inches through the workouts and following the nutrition guide.

I enjoy the program a lot, and I can't wait to start the Beta and Gamma phases. It isn't nearly as intimidating as Insanity, but you're given the opportunity to push yourself just as far. I recommend it to anyone.
  • paleobacon
    paleobacon Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    A couple questions for you:

Did you do the 5 day fast track plan? (I'm doing it/starting my first day of T25 tomorrow and would love any advice you have)
    Do you feel like you have enough energy eating with the nutrition guide?
    What are the biggest cons about eating with the nutrition guide?

Any other insight or tips you can provide in regards to the nutrition guide would be super helpful. Thanks!!
  • KAS0917
    KAS0917 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm not a success story yet, but this is my favorite at home workout plan so far. I just finished week 1. I lost 1.5 pounds and 2" overall this week. I did Insanity before this, but couldn't finish the 2nd month with the 45-60 minute workouts. I can do a class at the gym for an hour, but not at home. My attention span is too short! :)

It is hard, but I LOVE that Tonia does modifications. There are a few things I can't do, but I just modify and keep going. And 25 minutes (technically 28 because I do the 3 minute cool down) is perfect for me to fit in before work. It leaves me feeling like I got my workout done, but yet if I really want to go to a class at the gym after work, I can still do it. Last week I followed the T25 schedule, and also did a 60 minute pure strength class at the gym. I'm traveling this coming week, so I've scheduled T25 on my calendar each day (I do it in my hotel, using my work laptop). Anything else will be a bonus.

I recommend it!
    (note: I'm not a Beachbody coach. I have no financial interest in recommending it.)

As far as eating: I did the test that camp with the meal plan, and it says I should eat 1600 calories/day. I don't follow their meal plan, but I am watching my calories (My goal is 1500/day, but go up to 1600 sometimes without worrying about it).
  • amayarnell
    amayarnell Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    just wanted to chime in... im going into week four and i don't really believe in weighing myself and let's be honest, you have to measure yourself in the SAME spot every week and i just cant do that... that being said, i have been taking photos of my progress this far and let me just say that i have lost some of that stomach 'pooch' and slimmed down my love handle area... and that is only three weeks in! i cant wait to see what 10 weeks does!

bottom line, T25 is awesome!
  • littlesprite11
    littlesprite11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Amayarnell awesome to hear!! I'm doing Combat now but would really like to try T25.. I love Shaun T. I love finishing a program and looking back at the pics to see progress. An amazing feeling!
  • msmindyf
    msmindyf Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I just started this program today and love it already. That 25 minutes goes by pretty fast.
  • LadyLuckAJ
    LadyLuckAJ Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I just started the program last week and I love the results so far. The program is amazing, not long but an amazing burn with sweat pouring off you.
  • rockinjennydee
    rockinjennydee Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm getting it at the end of this month and will start the August 5th challenge! I'm so excited! I've tried other beachbody workouts and I've loved them, but I am super excited about this one! I calculated how long it took for me to go to the gym - and it's almost 3 hours of wasted time AND I don't feel like I get a fabulous workout in, soooo this is going to save me some time to be able to do this at home! I'll check back with you guys to see your progress and share mine as well. Thanks!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I've been on the fence about getting this workout, but after reading these replies I think I'm gonna get it. One of my MFPers does it and burns crazy calories for only 25 minutes and as much as I love doing longer workouts, would like to have a nice quick workout where I'm still burning a lot of calories.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    It hasn't even been out a month yet, so you won't find anyone who's actually completed the program to give "success stories."
  • brookesmommy2006
    brookesmommy2006 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Awesome to hear that everyone likes it! Is anyone on here a Beachbody coach that wants me to order through them??
  • KelliH729
    KelliH729 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I will echo what others are saying in that you will not necessarily find success stories other than the focus group since T25 has only been out for a month :)
    I am in week 2 of the program and, in week 1 I lost 5 pounds and 5". I love it so far!!
  • btrav5
    btrav5 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have been a regular exerciser for several years but this workout is tough. I am in week 3 day 4 and I am still having to follow Tonia a lot which kinda bums me out. I am dripping sweat by the time I am done. I love it!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I have been a regular exerciser for several years but this workout is tough. I am in week 3 day 4 and I am still having to follow Tonia a lot which kinda bums me out. I am dripping sweat by the time I am done. I love it!

Why do people use how sweaty they are as an indicator for quality of workout? That makes absolutely no sense.
  • Witchdoctor58
    Witchdoctor58 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Is there anyone who completed the second month of Hip Hop Abs? I would like to know how the T25 difficulty compares to Total Body Burn 2.