Ladies, be honest......why no replies?

Options
I joined a few months ago and wrote a letter of intro and I received NO replies at all to it (beyond the default letter from the admin).....Also, I received no replies from the ladies (my age) that i wrote too either. My letter was simple and not too personal...just that i was looking for a pen-pal to go on this weight loss journey with.

I am a big, big guy, yes (360# 6.1) but this is a diet site site and that should be expected.

Is my picture too scary or ugly?

Did I not add enough info on my profile?

Please be honest and give me some advice on why I am being wall-flowered.

Thank`s

Neil

Replies

• RobTheGourmet
    RobTheGourmet Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hello!
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Not a lot of ppl do that. We add as friends, and that's the soppurt.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Sorry you got no replies. My only answer would be that there are so many people joining and posting everyday that yours got lost in the shuffle.

Welcome!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Sorry. You can keep trying but I know a lot of the ladies here are only looking for other ladies to for support.....me included.

But what's wrong with MEN? There are a lot of guys on here too.
  • JennaBlu
    JennaBlu Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I agree that it was lost in the shuffle. A catchy topic is sure to catch more views such as the one you just posted.
  • splitendswoman
    splitendswoman Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that you have no friends :( It's much more fun on here with friends, they are a great support for you on the tough days, and they keep you honest!. Feel free to add me as a friend. One thing I would say is though, you should really fill in your profile page, as there isn't really enough info on there, people like to know a bit about your goals and motivation for losing the weight - see if that helps.
  • JTutz
    JTutz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Have you considered joining any of the groups? There are so many & they're always welcoming new members.
  • Raclex
    Raclex Posts: 238
    Options
    I think that may be it... There isn't much information about you as a person. Some people have common interests which then makes it easier to befriend them. Boating, fishing, jogging, martial arts, cooking, vegetarianism, where you're from, etc... May help people find a common point with you.

What your goals are, etc... You can also look at different people's profiles and see if there`s something you like about them. Perhaps they started where you started and you`d like to know how they got there? Or maybe someone is at the goal that you`d like to get too. Don`t give up! It`s nice to find friends that are of different backgrounds too.

Give us more info about you as a person :wink:
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Sorry you're not having any luck. Check out the groups and see if there's a group that you'd be interested, that'd be the best way to get to know people.

Welcome and good luck on your journey to a healthier you.
  • mckellipgirl
    mckellipgirl Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I can only speak for myself in this. I only add women to my friends list. It keeps my comfort level up on the topics that I discuss. Sorry about that.
    There are plenty out there that will have both, and men that would add you as well.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    If people don't come to you, you got to go to the people.

Instead of waiting for people to send you an FR, have you sent any FRs?
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Make more posts on the forums. Find like minded friends that share similar points of view and personalities.

A lot of people (myself included) aren't into being collected.
  • KarenisPaleo
    KarenisPaleo Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Fill out your About Me info, and start sending Friend Requests!!!!
  • Razzle_Red
    Razzle_Red Posts: 13
    Options
    I think it is the fact that most women want to partner with another woman.

We lose weight differently.

You should ask some guys.

And, to be straight forward, this isn't a dating website and most women don't think of it that way.
  • cbirchett58
    cbirchett58 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I might get one or two replies when I post in the forums, but other people get tons. I've been wondering about that myself lately.
  • hep26000
    hep26000 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Friend Request Sent!!!
  • ziggyc
    ziggyc Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Fill out your About Me info, and start sending Friend Requests!!!!

yep, fill out your profile and then go join a few active groups.
  • Tina_Bella76
    Options
    sorry that happened to u hun...feel free to add me. id be happy to help with some support....my very first intro post also had not one reply lol......dont take it personal....;) i just joined again today so i could use some friends...have a great day!!!
  • mfpseven
    mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    You might come off as too flirty with women, many of us are here to just get in shape or don't want men on our lists. Personally, I add people with like goals and body type/ages. I feel I can relate to the better and we have more in common.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    You wonder if you did not add enough info to your profile .....but there is absolutely nothing in there......

Apart from that I am sorry that you had a less than smooth beginning. I am also a relatively new member( April2013) and since I am older, I figured that that was the reason why people did not answer to my friend requests. I now have nine very supportive friends and I am ok with that.
    I hope your situation changes soon and you develop a supportive circle of friends. Good Luck !