What Do You Put in Your Egg Whites?

Options

Replies

• A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I make a breakfast scramble using asparagus, shredded potatoes, peppers, onions, mushrooms, pepper and a dab of butter...YUMMY!!!
    Otherwise I might do any veggies I have in the fridge - cauliflower, broccoli, peppers, mushrooms, onions, asparagus, spinach, sometimes I add a little Feta cheese, salsa or hot sauce to change it up.
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    the yolks. :)
    tumblr_inline_mjejfkndvN1qz4rgp.gif
  • Chrissiecurit
    Chrissiecurit Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I usually scramble them with low-fat shredded cheese and pieces of Canadian bacon. Then top with a little salsa. If I want a little more filling breakfast (if I know I will be having a pretty light lunch) I will combine all that in a low-fat wheat wrap. :)
  • Hitem20
    Hitem20 Posts: 121
    Options
    "His research, published online in the journal Atherosclerosis, found that people who eat egg yolks regularly have about 2/3 as much plaque buildup as smokers."

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/egg-yolks-bad-heart-smoking-cigarettes-study-article-1.1138536

Smoke'em while you got'em!
  • vickilowell
    vickilowell Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    A big handful of fresh herbs from the garden (oregano, dill, basil...whatever's out there), finely chopped mushrooms and spinach or kale with a tiny bit of grated good parmesan and lots of pepper......fresh herbs are amazing.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Spinach-cottage cheese-green onions, tomatoes-laughing cow wedges, a full egg-salmon.
    Endless;-)
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Barf. Egg whites are good only for meringue
  • JerZRob
    JerZRob Posts: 68
    Options
    Habanero's minced up or just hot sauce. I actually hate the taste of whole eggs but love egg whites.
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    yolks

and sriracha

and bacon
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    well today I mixed 4 egg whites with 12oz sugar, 12oz butter, 4 egg yolks, 16oz self raising flour, 9oz dried fruit, 7oz chocolate chips and a little fruit juice, and stuck it in the oven.

it's my daughter's birthday today and she wanted a mummy made cake not a shop one. :flowerforyou:
  • rachelakai2
    rachelakai2 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Broccoli !
  • cbumbalough
    cbumbalough Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    the yolks. :)

lol me too!

Add in options though: Spinach, canadian bacon, peppers, onions, garlic, any veggie really (just saute first), and cheeses.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    yolk
  • jdaley90
    jdaley90 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Aside from cheese and salsa which you already do I had on peanut butter and jelly. Separate or together :)
  • SchroederNJ
    SchroederNJ Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Adobo + pepper

then a splash of hot sauce when it's on the plate
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    "His research, published online in the journal Atherosclerosis, found that people who eat egg yolks regularly have about 2/3 as much plaque buildup as smokers."

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/egg-yolks-bad-heart-smoking-cigarettes-study-article-1.1138536

Smoke'em while you got'em!

thank God for good dentists and dental insurance then.
  • luceegj
    luceegj Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    MORE EGG WHITES!!! (Waves arms in the air!!)
  • Jayiz
    Jayiz Posts: 39
    Options
    I know people are joking with the yolks part, but I usually do that myself. I'll put in some (maybe half a cup) of egg whites and then put one egg in with it. I used to do just plain egg whites, but it got boring quickly. Now I do that with some spices like pepper and cayenne pepper.

However, I put my egg whites on a piece of toast after as well. If I don't put spices on as I am cooking. I will put it all on toast with Frank's Redhot sauce. It's a delicious meal :3
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    yolks

^^^ this

egg yolks contain the "good" type of cholesterol and there's no need to avoid them unless you have a medical issue. They're a great source of fat soluble vitamins.

If you're trying to cram in a lot of protein for very few calories (it happens occasionally when you do IIFYM lol) then any omelet recipe is good, just leave out the yolks or make it with just one yolk. But IMO this is the only situation where I'd do this, because the yolk is extremely nutritious, and really 75 cals for one egg, it's not a high calorie food given how much protein, vitamins etc you get for those 75 cals.