What Do You Put in Your Egg Whites?

Options

Replies

• jgarrett731
    jgarrett731 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I like to put mushrooms and cheese in my egg whites. Ham would be good too.
  • nas061
    nas061 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I buy these pre-packed "egg" things covered in a thin shell - each of them contains egg white and exactly one yolk - amazing things!
  • ambershanelle2
    ambershanelle2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Cilantro, onion, and sometimes some avocado. I've added fat free cream cheese in with it, too, but I don't make a habit of it. SO yummy. Oh! And some green taco sauce over the top of it. DELICIOUS!
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    yolks
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    it's not the cleanest but I don't care and I look forward to my eggs everyday...shredded cheese, one slice of deli meat (using low cal turkey at the moment), & spinach
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, how could I forget! Mashed up banana and egg white pancakes! I usually add ground flax and fold in some blueberries or dark chocolate chips - even protein powder sometimes. Love them!
  • terracotti
    terracotti Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    salt and a bit of sweet soy sauce :)
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    "His research, published online in the journal Atherosclerosis, found that people who eat egg yolks regularly have about 2/3 as much plaque buildup as smokers."

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/egg-yolks-bad-heart-smoking-cigarettes-study-article-1.1138536

Smoke'em while you got'em!

thank God for good dentists and dental insurance then.

:laugh:

Atherosclerosis is the hardening of, or plaque buildup, in the arteries. This article is talking about the plaque buildup in your heart, not your teeth.

To the OP I eat one whole egg with egg whites added almost every morning. Usually add either mushrooms and onions, a dash of cajun seasoning, some Texas Pete, spinach and tomatoes, soy sauce and veggies, or steak sauce and mushrooms.
  • rich347
    rich347 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Trader Joes 21 Season Salute (no salt)
  • rainunrefined
    Options
    Oh my goodness - everything!

Leftover BBQ chicken (shredded)
    spinach, tomatoes, onion, mushrooms
    Adele's teriyaki chicken meatballs (my current favorite)
    Leftover fish my husband cooked the night before
    Turkey sausage
    Turkey bacon
    shrimp
    Morning Star maple sausage patties
    Morning Star mushroom burgers/tomato basil pizza burgers
    crab meat
    soy sauce

The best eggs are leftover omelets my husband makes for me, made from whatever stuff we have in our fridge

crab and cheese omelets are the BEST!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    yolks
  • Vivian06703188
    Vivian06703188 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Here is the kicker! BANANA this is not joke this is absolutely dessert heaven. Mash one banana and mix it with two eggs or the equivalent number of egg whites. Mix together and cook omelet style. Don't put anything on them. Just eat and enjoy!! Its truly magic in your mouth.

Enjoy!
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Shredded soy cheese is good. Veggie Shreds is what they are called.

Or for real cheese, the Low-Fat Sargento Mozzerella cheese is the same calories (70 per 1/4 cup).

Sauteed sliced zucchini is good.

Can't go wrong with sliced mushrooms either.

For seasoning, Old Bay is awesome. Also any of the Mrs. Dash seasonings (Chipotle is good).

I can't have the yolks because of my cholesterol. Daily goal is 200 mg, and 1 yolk has 238 mg. Miss the yolks.
  • Nishi2013
    Nishi2013 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Guacamole on top or on toast

Spinach

Mixed stirfry veggies

Chopped onions

Cheese
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I like to make whole scrambled eggs with a bit of mayonnaise in the morning, but in the afternoon I don't like yolks. It's the same way that my coffee in the morning has to be hot, but any other time of day it has to be cold or I don't like it. Call it a quirk.

With my egg whites in the afternoon, I like fresh spinach or basil, sun dried tomatoes, sometimes kalamata olives and maybe some mozzarella.
  • lbuseth
    lbuseth Posts: 41
    Options
    I do 5 egg whites and a half a cup of steel cut oats in a blender then fry it. Kind of taste like a pancake but healthy. Yum!
  • vickiflo
    vickiflo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Feta!
  • shawnmsaunders
    shawnmsaunders Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hot Sauce is a go-to to add A LOT of flavor to anything. Generally, egg whites are great with Spinach which is a common reply on here.
  • rainunrefined
    Options
    I do 5 egg whites and a half a cup of steel cut oats in a blender then fry it. Kind of taste like a pancake but healthy. Yum!

Are the steel cut oats raw or cooked?
  • Hitem20
    Hitem20 Posts: 121
    Options

Never heard of adding oats. You add anything else to this?