Another Thread For The Wolves

Options

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I thought the rules on this site specifically said not to correct people's grammar and command of English, etc? Congratulations, troll. You have just been reported.

The rules also specifically state no name calling and no retaliation. You've also been reported.

Went and read your previous thread. Your bad attitude is what got you attacked. Looks like you're ready for more of the same, all the while blaming other people for how they respond to your attitude. This isn't going to go well.

If your plan is to stay off the forums, then stay off the forums. Making big, attention seeking posts that yell I'M STAYING OFF THE FORUMS SO NYAH NYAH doesn't actually count as staying off the forums
  • benjib84
    benjib84 Posts: 125
    Options
    This is so perfectly put - and would be a great response for a lot of threads here...
    Its like facebook - a useful tool one you learn how to filter out all the s*** and complete douche bags.
    Biggest Advice: This is the internet. Take what you need and leave the rest behind.

You wasted precious minutes of your life writing ANOTHER thread to tell off people that don't care about what you have to say. Don't give anyone that much power over you....Especially not strangers online. You're not proving anything to anyone.

Good luck on your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Congratulations MFP land! You have just proven how half of you are no different than the rest of the severely damaged people in the world who get offended by someone else's story. EXCUSE ME for not already having a band of supportive friends in my real life who experience what I experience. I'll remember that the next time I try and use a website for help for something I don't see going on around me in every day life.

I've done a ton of research in the last couple years and completely changed our family's eating lifestyle. Those who have friended me the last couple days can tell that from my food diary. After a year of finally eating correctly as far as much as I knew how too, I decided to start working out. I work in an office all day and I knew I needed to be more physically active. 4 months later, I'm just now starting to see some kind of a change, but still weigh the same as I did a year ago. I also learned my thyroid was borderline high with my TSH levels.

So yeah, you got offended at some elitest attitude that doesn't exist. I'm here to track my daily intake to learn what I can do different to actually start losing that 17 lbs that I've not been able to lose at all for the past 2 years that I actually started trying to do something about. It's been a long journey with a lot of mistakes and cheating. I also came here to see what more I can learn that I haven't learned already from my research. But all you wolves chose to see something else.

This will most likely be my last starting topic in this forum. I'll just hang on to the many friends I've made and use my newsfeed for my support and advice. The half of you who say I need a life while subsequently spend your time tearing others down because you're miserable and damaged inside need to do something about that miserable damage before you end up discouraging a weaker person away from doing something awesome for themselves.

:flowerforyou: Thank you!
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    why is there not a smiley eating popcorn?
  • luceegj
    luceegj Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Coz they have to much time on their hands!.................... Well at least you have somthing in common!
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    :yawn:

coffee?
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

coffee?
    I wish you were closer... You know... So you could make me some :p
  • luceegj
    luceegj Posts: 246 Member
    Options

coffee?

Tea please!
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I wasn't going to respond to this...but I just can't help it.

Let me start with the negative..continue reading for the positive.
    I read through your other post - the one that provoked this one. I too took the post as most others did. Regardless of how much we have to lose if any..we are ALL here for the same reason..to be healthy. There are tons of people on here that are actually not looking to lose a thing but have been beyond that and are now just hanging around to continue on healthy and maybe help a person or two. You stated you read through the boards before posting, yet somehow you still came across with "I am not fat like all of you". That in itself will provoke a lot of people to attack - even I wanted to comment saying...ummmm what makes you so special to most on here? I did not..but the thought was there as I read.
    As I read on - you replied to a young lady that was trying to..in a very nice way explain to you why you were getting the nasty comments and you attacked her with the nastiest comment on the post. SMH?!?!? This my dear will feed the "wolves" as you call them.
    Also calling every person that comments in a non accepting way a troll...you just sealed your fate on the boards. The posts you make stay for some time..and people can click on your post number and read them. This in itself makes you an un-welcomed member by many. When someone sends me a friend request I check their profile and their previous posts to see what type of person they are. To me - you come across with an attitude just the same as the "wolves" I would ignore your request in a heart beat.

Now onto some positive - when posting on the boards you need to be careful how you word things. remember there are thousands of people on here and the internet is famous for misinterpretation. Before posting - read it more than once. Make sure you, yourself are not being judgmental or demeaning to others. If you are called out on something..own up to it and apologize....not attack back!! ~ Regardless of your efforts from time to time you may get some snarky comments - ignore them and reply to the ones that answer your question. If you ask questions - be prepared to possibly hear things you may not want to hear. If this is the case..do not go getting your panties in a bunch. There are some VERY knowledgeable people on here and chances are what they say is correct. If they are not..someone will correct them..I promise! Replying to something you do not want to hear with attitude will only bring out the "wolves" Everyone is entitled to their opinion and if you post on a public forum...you will get many of them! If you find you can not handle it - stay off the boards and stick to your wall. The forum doesn't change!

Good luck on your journey!
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Bad call choosing this as my first thread to read.

enough_zps7aa640b8.gif
  • xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Great advise..
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    It's too early for popcorn, so I'm sitting here with my green tea.
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    When posting in the forums you have to be able to take the good with bad. You cannot get mad by someone else's opinion because frankly, you asked them for it by posting in the first place. You have to read the advise that was given and choose which one's to ignore and which one's will benefit you and your journey.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Ignore the snark and move on. There are LOTS of great folks on here. Don't let the first few folks sour you on mfp.

Indeed!...also, you'll notice there are repeat offenders, just click wee arrow button next to their username &click 'ignore' from the drop down menu.

Easy peasy. Something really funny about that, every now and then I would be tempted to 'un-ignore', but I always regret it and end up putting 'em on ignore again :laugh:
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Biggest Advice: This is the internet. Take what you need and leave the rest behind.

You wasted precious minutes of your life writing ANOTHER thread to tell off people that don't care about what you have to say. Don't give anyone that much power over you....Especially not strangers online. You're not proving anything to anyone.

Good luck on your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • CrankMeUp
    Options

coffee?

mhmm
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options

coffee?

It seems I'm always starting my second cup when Crank asks... I've got plenty to share!
  • CrankMeUp
    Options

coffee?

It seems I'm always starting my second cup when Crank asks... I've got plenty to share!

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • Naturebeckles
    Options
    Ignore the snark and move on. There are LOTS of great folks on here. Don't let the first few folks sour you on mfp.

Indeed!...also, you'll notice there are repeat offenders, just click wee arrow button next to their username &click 'ignore' from the drop down menu.

Easy peasy. Something really funny about that, every now and then I would be tempted to 'un-ignore', but I always regret it and end up putting 'em on ignore again :laugh:

Oh yes, using that function quite regularly. Weeding out all the crap now to save myself pain later. ;)
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    So very happy that you've found a solution to all the big meanies out there. Staying away from the forums should work very well for you, as well as make this a better place for others.
This discussion has been closed.