GAME OF THRONES

Options

Replies

• elgray26
    elgray26 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I've watched the series and I am on book 2 so far. I am a little behind. I can't decide favorites between Dany, Tyrion, and Arya.
  • elgray26
    elgray26 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Love the people who would bang Tyrion.

What about The Hound. Is he not severely underrated on the show? Always to the rescue!!

From the show, considering I am not that far in the books, I am starting to like the hound more and more.
  • LordOberon
    LordOberon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy how complicated the characters and how they evolve over time. Jaime is so much different from the start and how far Cersei has fallen. Tyrion is my favorite by far, so much so that we named our son Tyrion :). Arya is also really interesting and so anxious to see what happens with her story. Also, I want to see if Dani can get her **** together and lead. It's one thing to conquer, esp with dragons, but she doesn't seem to have the ability/determination to make the hard choices to be a leader.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    Favorite character is definitely Theon Greyjoy.....kidding

Tyrion and Bran hands down.

Don't forget.......HODOR
  • elvensnow
    elvensnow Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Man, Game of Thrones where do you start. I love the books, think the show is pretty good all things considered and I really enjoy seeing it come to life, even with the changes they have to make.

The thing I love best about the books is you really get to see some amazing character development. Characters I loved in the beginning I start to hate, and characters I hated I start to love.

My favorite by far is Arya (books). She is so freaking badass. My favorite for the show is Tyrion, because he was a close second in the books but Peter totally rocks it in the show.

In the books I started out hating Sansa. She was so annoying and delusional. But I must say in the later books, after the whole Broken Bird phase and bringing her down to reality, she is really starting to interest me. I think GRRM is setting her up for a great storyline. After all, her mentor is now Petyr, the most devious a**hole in the realm.

Also Jaime. So much development there. I really am rooting for him to win in every way possible.

And I hated Bran in the beginning. Such a whiny little brat. But now that he's found the crow, he might grow up a bit. Also, in the show I like Bran much better than the books.

As for Danaerys... I started out loving her. You totally feel emphatic for her as she is sold off to Drogo... but then she really comes into her own as Khaleesi. And freaking dragons, who doesn't love that. But then her in the last 2-3 novels is just uggggh... her romance with Daario was completely childish and stupid (which I get it ... she's still like 14 so she is childish and stupid... ) And basically all the decisions she makes in Mireen were impossibly stupid. I understand it's all GRRM using characterization to show she's not the great and intelligent queen she tries to be, and to also emphasize that her getting rid of Jorah really hurt her political savviness more than she realized. Still doesn't mean I have to like it. BUT the end of the 5th book looks like she's starting to make a come back into my good graces... assuming she starts acting intelligent again.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Love the people who would bang Tyrion.

What about The Hound. Is he not severely underrated on the show? Always to the rescue!!

From the show, considering I am not that far in the books, I am starting to like the hound more and more.
    The Houd is very complex and not what he initially appears to be.

I have my doubts about whether he really killed Mycah, though as far as I know that hasn't been stated anywhere in the books yet.
  • JodieP13
    JodieP13 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Tyrion Lannister! In both the books AND the series!
  • rml_16
    Options
    Favorite character is definitely Theon Greyjoy.....kidding

Tyrion and Bran hands down.

Don't forget.......HODOR
    "Hodor," said Hodor.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Don't get me started! My heart can't handle the reminder that Season 4 isn't here yet.

There is a void in my life.

And the Red Wedding??

I can't.
  • Jlopez201
    Jlopez201 Posts: 61
    Options
    Tyrion is definitely my favorite character.. oh and Arya. Did you know that Jack Gleeson (King Joffrey) gets threats from people in real life ? LOL
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Dany is badass, Tyrion is at the same level but Dany wins for me!

Also just because a character dies doesn't mean we won't see them again! **Waits impatiently for episode 1 or 2 of next season**
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    HODOR!

1000719_213197075496752_322893365_n.jpg
  • rml_16
    Options
    Tyrion is definitely my favorite character.. oh and Arya. Did you know that Jack Gleeson (King Joffrey) gets threats from people in real life ? LOL
    Sadly, I believe that. People are sick.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options

Also just because a character dies doesn't mean we won't see them again! **Waits impatiently for episode 1 or 2 of next season**

Horrible person don't give things away dammit!

Dany will always have my heart, I agree that she gets annoying as all hell in the books but I'm hoping that the next book she will become bada$$ again.
  • rml_16
    Options

And if they had followed the books more closely, you already would have. ;-)

Oh, and I wanted to say I'm not sure Dany is the "fire" in "ice and fire." I haven't concluded that yet, but I think it may also refer to Rhaegar (sp?) and Lyanna.
  • kevinpruitt
    kevinpruitt Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love the show and recently watched the first and second season on itunes. Totally addicted and awaiting season 3 to come out on apple tv. Heart broken to see Ned die at the end of the first season and it left me feeling like season 2 couldnt possibly hold a candle to the first. I mean come on, whats a medieval movie without Sean Bean!!! But I was completely pulled back in with season 2 and now anxiously await 3's release on Apple. Why only in Australia???WHY???? Guess I need to break down and buy the dvd set.
  • LordOberon
    LordOberon Posts: 73 Member
    Options

I know. That is really sad. I am really into the books and the show, but damn it people it is still only pretend. He didn't really have anyone killed or beaten or raped! Its a show. I heard the same about some of the actors from Harry Potter too. People who would be rude and mean to the kid that played Draco and to Alan Rickman.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

And if they had followed the books more closely, you already would have. ;-)

Oh, and I wanted to say I'm not sure Dany is the "fire" in "ice and fire." I haven't concluded that yet, but I think it may also refer to Rhaegar (sp?) and Lyanna.

Rhaegar and Lyanna are both dead, so if GRR was writing a trilogy about them he started it about 25 years too late. Or you could mean that "ice and fire" are one person, which is something I hadn't considered and is immensely interesting. Of course it almost guarantees that Dany has to die for the story to progress well :laugh:
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I love the show and recently watched the first and second season on itunes. Totally addicted and awaiting season 3 to come out on apple tv. Heart broken to see Ned die at the end of the first season and it left me feeling like season 2 couldnt possibly hold a candle to the first. I mean come on, whats a medieval movie without Sean Bean!!! But I was completely pulled back in with season 2 and now anxiously await 3's release on Apple. Why only in Australia???WHY???? Guess I need to break down and buy the dvd set.

People wonder why I download everything lol
  • Jimaudit
    Jimaudit Posts: 275
    Options
    I am still wondering why Tyrion didn't consecrate his marriage vows with Sansa....When else does a dwarf get young booty without paying?

Also, GRR will not kill off Tyrion as he is the only character with real depth still left alive.