Another Thread For The Wolves

Options

Replies

• jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I seriously need to quit coming in the forums while I'm at work. It's amazing entertainment, but I'm gonna get busted one of these days.

OP: Welcome to the interwebz. You're gonna find some judgmental @$$holes, you're gonna find some nice people, and you're gonna find some that are in the middle. Just cherry pick the good and disregard the bad. Also, don't come across as a judgmental @$$hole yourself :wink: That goes a long way towards attracting the nice people

edited to clean up the language just a tad so this doesn't get locked instantly
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    tumblr_lidvr5DVZM1qhjikro1_500.gif
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    220px-Three_Wolf_Moon.jpg

Best thread ever. 5 stars. Would wear to a fancy dress party.
  • jenifr818
    Options
    funny-gif-kid-falling-big-ball.gif

That should not have made me laugh as hard as it did. Am I a terrible person now?
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I seriously need to quit coming in the forums while I'm at work. It's amazing entertainment, but I'm gonna get busted one of these days.

OP: Welcome to the interwebz. You're gonna find some judgmental @$$holes, you're gonna find some nice people, and you're gonna find some that are in the middle. Just cherry pick the good and disregard the bad. Also, don't come across as a judgmental @$$hole yourself :wink: That goes a long way towards attracting the nice people

edited to clean up the language just a tad so this doesn't get locked instantly

I fully expect to be fired for playing on MFP one day. *knocks on wood*
  • TLCorsini
    TLCorsini Posts: 78
    Options
    The thing about posting things on the internet us that by doing so, you open yourself to all opinions, both positive and negative. Just like with real life. Honestly, your story isn't that unique, but that doesn't make your reasons for losing weight and being healthier less legitimate.

Perfectly said. ^ Your story is like many others out there but that doesn't mean you don't need motivation too. I'm the same way, I want lots of friends to help keep me in check and motivated, but at the end of the day it's MY body and MY choices reflect MY results so I need to be my own cheerleader. I hope you're able to find the support and help you need!
  • lizzzylou
    lizzzylou Posts: 325
    Options
    Awww. I though this was going to be another Game of Thrones post.

701.gif

Yes.

Second yes. So disappointed :frown:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

LOL. Duran Duran is playing in the background as I read this. I think the other wolf thread is much more betterer. I'm surprised this one still exists.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options

LOL. Duran Duran is playing in the background as I read this. I think the other wolf thread is much more betterer. I'm surprised this one still exists.

ahhhhhhhh moon moon
  • NatureChik1985
    Options
    I know what the issue is...

Op you are not as special as you think you are. Your story isn't different, this attention seeking/mean people thread isn't even unique.

I think you staying off the forums is probably best solution for everyone.
  • tracieangeletti
    tracieangeletti Posts: 432 Member
    Options

ahhhhhhhh moon moon

The Moon Moon stuff is KILLING me!! Moon Moon Rules!!! :-)
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Quite the hit job here. How many friend requests have you gotten as a result of this little snit?

And no, your situation isn't particularly unique. It's just that most of us with less to lose have enough class not to start threads about it.

Best of luck to you.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    I appreciate that the moderators are allowing the community the opportunity to inform new users of the community standards and norms.
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options
    So you started a whole new thread to tell a bunch of people off?

Definitely not a "story different than most" after all. You're fitting in very well here, actually.

This
  • SteveStedge1
    SteveStedge1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    to the op:

Your Logical Fallacy is........

Begging the question!!

You presented a circular argument in which the conclusion was included in the premise.

This logically incoherent argument often arises in situations where people have an assumption that is very ingrained, and therefore taken in their minds as a given. Circular reasoning is bad mostly because it's not very good.

Example: The word of Zorbo the Great is flawless and perfect. We know this because it says so in The Great and Infallible Book of Zorbo's Best and Most Truest Things that are Definitely True and Should Not Ever Be Questioned.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMuMxf6dch5Pq-cWf-2iP0cO3eOVmk0XeI0eoo074wU9cyfxoYiU-BKJ-D
  • jenifr818
    Options
    I appreciate that the moderators are allowing the community the opportunity to inform new users of the community standards and norms.

I'm putting my money on them locking this within 2-3 hours. I don't think they'll delete it though. They need entertainment, too
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    You suck...I came here looking for Moon Moon and all I got was negativity.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Step 1: Insult an entire forum all at once
    Step 2: Get butthurt that they respond with derision
    Step 3: Ragequit

OP has followed the script well.

FTW
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Unknown_zpsdb418d6d.jpeg