GAME OF THRONES

Options

Replies

• AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Watch the show and read all the books. He needs to get the next book out already, but I'll have to go back to re read all the other cause I like to be current.

Favorites : Bronn, Gendry, Tyrion and Brienne.

However most of the characters get a place in my heart at least for a moment, ya know until they are killed off.

It bothers me though that after all the trekking North of The Wall Sam hasn't slimmed down at all. I know it's just a show but that just stuck out to me.
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Watch the show and read all the books. He needs to get the next book out already, but I'll have to go back to re read all the other cause I like to be current.

Favorites : Bronn, Gendry, Tyrion and Brienne.

However most of the characters get a place in my heart at least for a moment, ya know until they are killed off.

It bothers me though that after all the trekking North of The Wall Sam hasn't slimmed down at all. I know it's just a show but that just stuck out to me.

I also really loved Brienne!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    The only one who is a total douche is Joffery

The Mountain, Ramsay, Janos Slynt, pretty much all of the people in that sellsword group who cut off Jaimie's hand and put Brienne in the bear pit (I cannot remember what they're called) ...

There are a few really evil people.
  • TheRainQueen
    TheRainQueen Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I love Tyrion for the various layers he brings to the show. I enjoy the wit. Dany is pretty but her acting is weaker for some reason, I tend her love her simply for the book series and being the "Mother of Dragons". I also like John Snow. I am still reading through the series but ran through the tv series in about 3 days lol. I do not want to go through withdrawal of being done with the books. I also read about 5 or 6 different books from various genres at the same time off my kindle.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options

He did mention that he'd slimmed down after his boat trip, though, since he was having trouble keeping food down the whole way and the Southern Islanders only ate fish and fruit anyway.
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you my favorite character. Martin will kill that person off.

Is it Sansa?

tumblr_mo3dtheqqt1qi5fayo1_500.jpg
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    THIS!
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    Options

The Mountain, Ramsay, Janos Slynt, pretty much all of the people in that sellsword group who cut off Jaimie's hand and put Brienne in the bear pit (I cannot remember what they're called) ...

Some of the Greyjoys really piss me off as well. Victarion always whining about how he "had to" beat his wife to death, poor him. And Theon is beyond douche.
  • rml_16
    Options

Some of the Greyjoys really piss me off as well. Victarion always whining about how he "had to" beat his wife to death, poor him. And Theon is beyond douche.
    I haven't gotten that far yet.

I feel sorry for Theon. I mean, yeah, he does some seriously awful things and I wouldn't date him or anything, but he comes across as insecure and feeling this need to prove himself and win his father's (who's pretty awful, too) affection, love and respect. He reminds me a lot of Draco Malfoy. Just a little boy lost and that leads him down some really bad paths.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    Options

I feel sorry for Theon. I mean, yeah, he does some seriously awful things and I wouldn't date him or anything, but he comes across as insecure and feeling this need to prove himself and win his father's (who's pretty awful, too) affection, love and respect. He reminds me a lot of Draco Malfoy. Just a little boy lost and that leads him down some really bad paths.

Spoiler alert: He gets worse. I can't feel sorry for him any more.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Isn't he being severely tortured, though?
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Love GOT also check out Vikings from the History channel.

I am still so pissed about the red wedding but it's getting better.:sad:

Love Tyrion and Arya Stark.

I love the Viking series on History channel!!

I have friends who had read the Song of Ice and Fire series, but I honestly did not pick the books up myself until after seeing the season one premier of GoT on HBO. Now I have been plowing through the novels! I do read A LOT but I don't always pick up the fantasy stuff unless it is more Sci-Fi - like Star Trek.
  • LordOberon
    LordOberon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    On "A Dance with Dragons" now. I haven't watched the TV show. Arya is my favoritist character. She's adorable. I kept hoping she'd meet back up with her wolf (in more than just dreams) as she was going back and forth through the riverlands.
    Pretty sure those aren't dreams.

All the Stark children appear to be wargs and I think Nymeria is going to show up again. She has to. Why else would he keep her alive?

I'm with you. The fact that Arya hid Needle and that Nymeria has been mentioned so many times, they have to reunite. Or knowing GRRM, he probably have them kill each other off. I like that about him and hate it at the same time!
  • LordOberon
    LordOberon Posts: 73 Member
    Options

The Bloody Mummers are who you are thinking of, and Vargo Holt is their leader. You are definitely correct, there are several evil people.
  • gigi_RN2013
    gigi_RN2013 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm a little hesitant about posting this since this appears to be the would-you-date-me forum.

But does anybody watch/read Game of Thrones?

I just finished both the TV series and A Dance with Dragons and I am going through SERIOUS withdrawal - that's all I read for seven months.

I was going to start a new book but all I want to do is read them over again to catch all the stuff I missed.

Favorite character?

Daenerys Stormborn: Khaleesi, Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains :love: :love: :love:
  • zumbajheri
    zumbajheri Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    One of my main motivators is to be Dany for Halloween!! Leather Dothraki outfit! I'm pumped! #truestory
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    Options
    Isn't he being severely tortured, though?

And sleeps peacefully to the sound of others being tortured because of him.
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    One of my main motivators is to be Dany for Halloween!! Leather Dothraki outfit! I'm pumped! #truestory

HA! Awesome!
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    Options
    On "A Dance with Dragons" now. I haven't watched the TV show. Arya is my favoritist character. She's adorable. I kept hoping she'd meet back up with her wolf (in more than just dreams) as she was going back and forth through the riverlands.
    Pretty sure those aren't dreams.

All the Stark children appear to be wargs and I think Nymeria is going to show up again. She has to. Why else would he keep her alive?

They are dreams in the sense that she's asleep when she sees through her wolf. I meant I was hoping she'd actually physically see her wolf again.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

... What? Have you read all the books? Man, Theon as Draco is a perfect comparison.
  • rml_16
    Options

The Bloody Mummers are who you are thinking of, and Vargo Holt is their leader. You are definitely correct, there are several evil people.
    Thank you!

I know these in my head somewhere, but there are so many characters and groups and animals ... I can't remember them all sometimes.