Hmmm, what is MFP, really?

ashandloggiesmom
ashandloggiesmom Posts: 92 Member
Is MFP really for diet and fitness? Is it really?? Reading these threads it seems like mostly maybe a hook-up site or a closet weirdo perv convention. Not prude, but holy cow why does everything here turn sexual? Or into an argument. I just wanna lose weight with some supportive folks!! Am I the only one who feel this way!?!

Replies

• sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    tumblr_mo74arHXdN1soao3po1_500.gif
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    tumblr_mh5nxtHknv1rb9orqo1_500.jpg

No really. In all seriousness. It's like any other online community. Lots of people are regulars and know each other from posts. I would just stay out of the chit chat forums and in the food and exercise forums to avoid most of the snarky posts.
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Not everyone is here for the same thing.

Some like it hot, some want to lose weight, some just track fitness, some want the sex.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    MFP is a collection of fitness & health oriented HUMANS that are going to discuss fitness and other human related things. Do you really expect it to be all fitness all of the time? Boring!
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    tumblr_mh5nxtHknv1rb9orqo1_500.jpg

No really. In all seriousness. It's like any other online community. Lots of people are regulars and know each other from posts. I would just stay out of the chit chat forums and in the food and exercise forums to avoid most of the snarky posts.

THIS gif is another reason why I'm glad you're on my FL!!! :flowerforyou:
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    just stick to the success stories, food/nutrition, and general weight loss forums. log your calories and exercise.

when you're ready, join the party/dark side.

edited for spelling cuz having a finger out of commission is messing me up!!!
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Is MFP really for diet and fitness? Is it really?? Reading these threads it seems like mostly maybe a hook-up site or a closet weirdo perv convention. Not prude, but holy cow why does everything here turn sexual? Or into an argument. I just wanna lose weight with some supportive folks!! Am I the only one who feel this way!?!

That's humans for you. Their evolutionary imperative of reproduction and procreation inevitably creeps into everything. On account of its pervasiveness. I definitely recommend sticking to topics that you're interested in, however, rather than reading ones that you aren't and then posting a thread stating that some threads are not relevant to your interests.
  • dereksmb
    dereksmb Posts: 95 Member
    "I'm not a prude!"

...but you are a prude. =|

OP if the threads seriously bother you how about you just... I don't know... not open them? =|
    Or better yet avoid the forums all together.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    community-britta.gif
  • Is this wrong?
    sex.jpg
  • ashandloggiesmom
    ashandloggiesmom Posts: 92 Member
    MFP is a collection of fitness & health oriented HUMANS that are going to discuss fitness and other human related things. Do you really expect it to be all fitness all of the time? Boring!

Uh, yeah I kinda did. If I wanted any other kind of social site, I'd go to Fakebook.
  • Iron_Lotus

That's humans for you. Their evolutionary imperative of reproduction and procreation inevitably creeps into everything. On account of its pervasiveness. I definitely recommend sticking to topics that you're interested in, however, rather than reading ones that you aren't and then posting a thread stating that some threads are not relevant to your interests.

Logic and sense aren't welcome here!
  • SouperDuck
    SouperDuck Posts: 57 Member
    and many people lose weight and get more fit and find sex gets better and better.

They come out of their shells and feel confident about their bodies.
  • Iron_Lotus

Uh, yeah I kinda did. If I wanted any other kind of social site, I'd go to Fakebook.

Well you are sadly mistaken
  • Valqis
    Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
    MFP is actually just a series of tubes.... that lead to different things for different people.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    When you come to the "Chit Chat, Fun and Games" section........

Just expect that theres single "Hot To Trott" hotties here, and they need love & attention too..
    Crap, I was one of them until the age of 41...... I would have loved to use this site when I was younger & unmarried & needed a self esteem boost. Wait....... You had a thread this morning, and you were asking people in this fun and games section, their opinion about if your marriage sounds normal.
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Comes to "Chit Chat, Fun and Games" questions why we like to joke around.

Damn .. there is a meme in there somewhere.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member

but, you are in the Chit-Chat, Fun, and Games section... and, what friends do you have on Facebook that you see hook-up site or a closet weirdo perv convention?
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    just stick to the success stories, food/nutrition, and general weight loss forums. log your calories and exercise.

when you're ready, join the party/dark side.

edited for spelling cuz having a finger out of commission is messing me up!!!

Srry, will try not to bite so hard when licking cupcake frosting off. :ohwell:
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member

You're in the wrong forum. There are forums dedicated to diet, fitness, etc. This is the "other" forum.