Why do you drink almond milk?

Options
123457»

Replies

• bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Fewer calories, better taste, no added sugar, more protein, less carbs. Love it!
  • kimdyj
    kimdyj Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm lactose intolerant and I can't even have yogurt! I like the sweeten almond milk with regular cheerios...it gives it a bit of sweetness without having to add sugar...LOL
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Because I like the flavor and it has fewer calories than regular milk. I prefer not to drink my calories unless they'll be fun.

Shes got the right idea!!!!:drinker:
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I hated milk as a child. Its all white and thick and leaves this gross "creamy milk" after taste.

Then I heard that there is pus and blood in milk because cows are over-milked and get blisters and injuries. I know its pasteurized but still.. gross.

I use rice and almond milk in my cereal, smoothies, etc. It reminds me of dairy milk too much to drink on its own, but I like in other foods. Rice milk is my favourite. I think it's naturally sweeter, and its lighter.

any health benefits is just a bonus :)
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    No it sure doesn't. To make it, you soak almonds in water then throw the almonds away. Its basically water with fat and carbs.
  • Coquette6
    Coquette6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I use it as a low calorie base for smoothies and on cereal and sometimes for baking, especially if I'm making something to take to my classmates (there's several vegans in my class). I don't like to drink it by itself. If I want to drink plain milk, I drink dairy milk.
  • carrie3083
    carrie3083 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It is fewer in calories and I like the taste. I drink the original almond milk. For a while I was a quest to find the ideal milk since I am lactose intolerant and almond milk was the one I could tolerate. I drink it with my morning oatmeal, with some whole wheat toast and nutella (or light butter spread) and in my protein shakes.

Oh man, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Nutella has skim milk in it.
  • dbabyx91
    dbabyx91 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I recently tried Blue Diamond Unsweetened Almond Breeze Vanilla for 30 cal per serving and it was great with cereal! i have never been a plain milk drinker, but i really missed a good bowl of cereal from time to time!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    Never liked the taste of milk. I use almond and sometimes coconut milk for cooking for the taste. When i have my occasional bowl of oatmeal, I like vanilla almond milk. Use to use orange juice on it, but this is much better and lower cals and sugars as well.

I haven't looked into the heart healthy aspects at all just like it as a cow's milk substitute.
  • duqtape
    duqtape Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    It's yummy on cereal and lasts longer in the fridge if your called away on work for days at a time. (which happens often to me)