Pregnancy 2010 - September

Options

Replies

• Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    What a strange day, I came home early from work with such a terrible migraine too. Maybe it is all pregnancy related! I thought it was stress. I got really bad leg cramps with my other lil ones and my mom always said it was because I needed potassium (spelling?) anyways..... try a banana and see if it helps. It worked for me. I am thinking that Angela had her lil one, she was getting super close when she posted last I was almost certain she would give birth within 24 hours. I am sure we will see pics of her lil guy very soon. Glad most of you can still fit in prepreg clothes, I suddenly popped a couple weeks ago and just couldn't get my other clothes on. Funny, I'm getting this big tummy but still haven't gained a single pound. Lets hope it is the same when I weight in Saturday.

Hope we all get rid of these dang migraines!!!
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    My headache is gone today, but still not feeling too good. how about the rest of you?

I have to share my dream from last night....it was too funny.

So in my dream, I had my baby. I walked into the hospital, laid down on a bed, pushed once and the baby was born. No pain at all. Then we went home, with the minutes old baby. That night we slept in the basement (I have no idea why), and when I got up in the morning I totally forgot I had a baby. When I found the baby, I realized that I couldn't go to work that day, because...duh...I have a baby. But I also realized I never told anyone at work I was pregnant. So I called my husband, who was already at work, and was trying to figure out what to do with this brand new baby, because I had to go to work. My husband is arguing with me that I have to stay home. But I was telling him that I couldn't just call my boss and tell him that "Oh, by the way, you know when I went home early yesterday because I didn't feel good, well...I had a baby, and forgot to mention it to you." I was totally going nuts over how to tell my boss that I had just had a baby!!

The dream was so weird, and so stupid. The best part is that when I woke up I thought it was real, and it took me about 5 minutes to realize it wasn't.
  • seestellarun13_1
    seestellarun13_1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I saw AGT - I felt so bad for that little girl that slipped...and then they didn't make it! I'll try the stretching and potassium idea. I normally eat a banana everyday but now that you mention it, I don't think I did the other morning. I was trying a new breakfast regimen - trying to change it up. So much for that!

Yay - for no weight gain. Saw myself in a picture for the first time since I've started to have massive belly growth - let's just say I got very motivated to stick with my eating better. Is it bad to constantly think about weight gain and eating while pregnant?

Hope the migraines are better today!

Yay for the Saints!! Who dat?!? Two dat!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I wish I could say I hadn't gained weight! I have been feeling progressively better. Perhaps part of it is that my thyroid is under better control now, but I think it also helps that I am at 12 weeks today. I don't really feel pregnant though--It will really help when I can feel the baby move. Right now it is hard to not think that I am just getting fat...:laugh: I have thought about getting one of those prenatal heartbeat monitors so I could find the heartbeat at home, just to remind myself it is there. I have not done it yet as I am afraid I would be listening daily and panic if for some reason I couldn't find it.

I have had the craziest dreams too. Not many are pregnancy related. I dreamt the other night that I was in a cemetary search for treasure, and started digging in a grave where I started pulling up a bunch of severed arms, I realized that those arms were going to come to life as soon as I found the treasure and they were going to try to bury me. A little wierd.

Hey I am sleeping better too--not up 3 times a night anymore, maybe only once. Hooray there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

I suspect Angela had her baby. Ii am sure we will hear from her once she is able to get away for a bit.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    Talk about nightmares, I keep having them where my husband has another girl. Funny I know but last night we were talking about it and I think I found the source. So silly but I told him that maybe subconsciously I worry that if we have a girl I wont be his princess any more. He told me that my reign as princess will be up but I will be his queen. Guess what.... after over 2 weeks of horrible dreams I finally didn't have that nightmare. Lets hope this baby is a girl!
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies!

The dreams are hilarious! I've had all the same dreams or pretty close! some even crazier than those! amazing what pregnancy can do to us! I think it's just a way of preparing our minds for all the changes that are coming. Is there anyway that you guys could tell me your first names? I have a bad memory and have a hard time responding to you enless I get used to you and who you are. I'm Kim/Kimberly by the way.

debnu1-I was the same as you in the beginning. I was so nervous b/c I had been put to sleep to have lots of dental work done when I was 6 wks pregnant and didn't know I was pregnant. I just knew something was going to go wrong. I ordered a fetal doppler from a website, it was awesome. I just used it whenever I was worried. and I was always able to find the heartbeat. I just sent it back a couple of weeks ago b/c now that I feel him move all the time I'm not as worried. The website is called heartbeatsathome.com and they are really sweet people. They mailed it to me, along with instructions and a pre-paid ups ticket to return it when i was ready. The one I got was $26 a month. The best money I've ever spent! but if you think it would just make you worry more than I would make sure that's what you want.

If I was to give you girls any advice that are just starting out that may have risks of GD....eat right!! go ahead and get on a diabetic meal plan!! b/c having GD is driving me nuts! My insurance doesn't cover the testing supplies, $255 yesterday for test trips and lanclets for a month! not too mention the poking my fingers four times a day and constantly worrying over the number and every little thing I put in my mouth. I think after this is over with I will be looking forward to just a normal diet with jsut counting calories again! It's amazing what carbs/sugar can do to our bodies! sorry...had to vent..
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh! I bet Angela is having the baby!:heart::heart: :heart:
  • shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Just checkin in to see if Angela had her baby! Assuming so...... :P
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Sorry to be MIA, no baby yet. I had a really tough (super emotional) day yesterday and have just been busy in general. I woke up feeling rediculously down. Just very sad that the baby wasn't here and feeling home sick for him. Felt sick and irritated at all 40 people who said "you're still here!" when I walked into work. Then cried in the afternoon when my husband got frustrated over a small matter. *sigh not a fun day. Then to top it off, I hadn't felt the baby kick all morning so I had to go in to be monitored. Everything looked good an he woke up about 45 minutes into the monitoring. My contractions were pretty strong and regular so my doc said it could be a sign of early labor ... but nothing today other than non-painful contractions. We shall see ... at my appt on monday she said she thinks he'll come within the week which only leaves a few more days lol. I'm planning on walking this afternoon to see if I can help the process
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Dr. Lawler was my old GYN about 13 years ago....He also delivered my nephew.

I see Dr. Wendy Holden-Parker at Woman's now, she is a new OB for me, I left my last one because I felt like she was just too busy for my care.
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    sorry to hear that Angela...hope you are feeling better today. I guess the days are just starting to get longer as you get closer. Don't worry, your little bundle of joy will be here before you know it.
  • debnu1
    Options
    Angela, I went 10 days over with my first. I think that was the longest 10 days ever!! I just had to remind myself that it does end and the baby will come out. They don't stay in forever! I was scheduled for induction the day after my daughter was born, She came on the day I tried to avoid! Just shows how much control we really have! Take care, it will all work out!

Kim, I understand. I was attempting to get to a healthy weight before getting pregnant again, HA!! I gained all the weight I worked so hard to lose, right before and during pregnancy. So now I am really attempting to eat healthier. It was really hard the first few weeks but I am finally starting to not feel as sick so I am looking at going to my previous diet. They had me eating 45 carbs for breakfast, 60 for lunch and dinner and up to 30 for snacks.
  • yessie75
    Options
    Angela, you and I were feeling the same. I have been very emotional and my husband was a total jerk a couple of days ago :angry: I've also been fighting a cold while teaching first graders all day long. I'm glad is the weekend since I can just stay home and recuperate. 18 days left for me :flowerforyou:
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    Well ladies this was a very tough week for all of us it seems. Thankfully it is the weekend so we can put an end to it once and for all. Lets all try to get some r&r over the next couple of days. Hopefully next week will be better.:happy:
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    agreed sheijimenez
  • angrypanda
    angrypanda Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I confess, I've been lurking around this board for a few weeks. I thought it was time to introduce myself since yesterday I was lucky enough to have an ultrasound that confirmed that my pregnancy is going well so far. I thought I'd finally take a moment to introduce myself before I hop into any conversation.

I joined MFP in late July and lost 11 lbs. (incidentally, this happens to be about the time I conceived--oops). I guess that's not the best way to start off a pregnancy, but I obviously had no idea until a few weeks later.

I was told by a doctor in mid-July that I have PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome). She told me that I would not be able to conceive without first treating the condition or taking action to try to get pregnant. She told me that I didn't ovulate and discussed with me my "options" for if I was ready to conceive. I let her know that I wasn't looking to conceive right now. It was pretty shocking and depressing news because I wasn't open to my "options" she discussed with me. I avoid taking medications/hormones for BC at all costs. So I went about life and decided that my fate had already been decided for me: no kids. I guess I should have known better. I'm a stubborn woman with an apparently stubborn body, to boot (married to a stubborn man, go figure). I got pregnant the next opportunity my body gave me. Without trying. *sigh*

The timing was poor to say the least, but my husband and I still excited, nonetheless. I have experienced lots of signs of early pregnancy in these past couple of weeks. I nap a lot and have a difficult time coming up with any foods that even sound close to desirable. Unfortunately, my exercise routine I was following has gone down the tubes. I was running 3 miles a day or doing the 30-Day Shred almost daily. My lack of energy and caloric intake and feelings of barfiness have had me down. I feel pretty guilty that this was not planned and I was not prepping my body by taking vitamins beforehand or even for the first couple of weeks after I conceived, but seeing the heartbeat on the ultrasound yesterday helped make me feel a little better. I look forward to the second trimester when hopefully these problems slowing me down will pass.

I know the next several weeks will be tough to get through, while I'm trying to pass through the feelings of fear that the pregnancy will not continue, but I'm staying positive.

I have a lot to learn and accomplish in very little time...I know April is going to be here before I know it!

I'm excited to be a part of this board and look forward to hearing/sharing stories with you all :)

-Nicole
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Welcome Nicole!

Thank you for sharing your story! Happy baby "making"!
  • debnu1
    Options
    Hi Nicole, Welcome to the board!

I am trying to decide if I should take the plunge and step into all maternity clothes. It seems silly at only 12 weeks, however I have been in PG pants for the last few weeks and now my shirt availability is getting smaller. I can only wear regular shirts with a long layer underneath. That isn't bad during the week, however all my Sunday clothes don't fit. My nice shirts pucker and show too much...I guess to be in good taste I will have to on Sundays....:tongue: You would think that by the time I am having my third baby it wouldn't be a dilemma, but I guess I always have a clothes dilemma--do I buy small because I am going to lose weight or buy my size now...yada yada. Gee I guess I am just rambling. Have a great weekend!
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I am feeling so down today and lazy.

I've been sleeping so much and just doing anything seems to take so much energy. It's really making me feel very useless.:sad:

Okay just had to vent, trying to dig out of the pity pit.:ohwell:
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    Ok so I had a gain this week, guess it's time to lay off the costco muffins :laugh: gonna try to be good next week.

Last Saturday 218.2
    Today 219.0

Gain 0.8

We had a long day at the county fair, lots of walking yay! but lots of yummy food too..... hope the damage is minimal