GAME OF THRONES

Options
14567810»

Replies

• _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Love the people who would bang Tyrion.

What about The Hound. Is he not severely underrated on the show? Always to the rescue!!

From the show, considering I am not that far in the books, I am starting to like the hound more and more.

Sandor (sp?) is a great character. He is blood thirsty, but still, there is more to him than just his lust for blood and revenge against his brother. He wanted Sansa so bad, haha...

Joking aside, I agree. Sandor has a very interesting character. The character I hated the most was Lady Catherine. The entire series is predicated on her terrible judgment.
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Some of the Greyjoys really piss me off as well. Victarion always whining about how he "had to" beat his wife to death, poor him. And Theon is beyond douche.

TheonPoorLifeChoices_zps35cc68a5.jpg

LMAO! That is awesome!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

What about The Hound. Is he not severely underrated on the show? Always to the rescue!!

From the show, considering I am not that far in the books, I am starting to like the hound more and more.

Sandor (sp?) is a great character. He is blood thirsty, but still, there is more to him than just his lust for blood and revenge against his brother. He wanted Sansa so bad, haha...

Joking aside, I agree. Sandor has a very interesting character. The character I hated the most was Lady Catherine. The entire series is predicated on her terrible judgment.
    You mean Catelyn?
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options

t

You mean Catelyn?

Yep. Total brain fart or my phone auto corrected. Her hatred of Jon snow earned her my ire very early in the series.
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I have a question. Let me know if I am just an idiot and missed this....but did we ever actually find out who tried to kill Bran at the beginning? I know it was Littlefinger's sword, but who hired the dude to come kill Bran? I don't remember the show actually giving us a straight answer about this. Do the novels reveal it later?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I have a question. Let me know if I am just an idiot and missed this....but did we ever actually find out who tried to kill Bran at the beginning? I know it was Littlefinger's sword, but who hired the dude to come kill Bran? I don't remember the show actually giving us a straight answer about this. Do the novels reveal it later?

[SPOILERS: I DON'T THINK THIS IS COVERED IN THE SHOW YET]

Yes, we found out. It was Joffrey. It was revealed later that the dagger had belonged to Joffrey, and he overhead Robert saying that someone should put Bran out of his misery.

The dagger was Littlefinger's, but LF lost it to Robert at a tournament.

Furthermore, Joff also mentions elsewhere that he is "no stranger to Valyrian steel." And on top of that Neither Robert nor any of the Lannisters would have been dumb enough to give an assassin a Valyrian steel dagger to kill a Stark.
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options

Yes, we found out. It was Joffrey. It was revealed later that the dagger had belonged to Joffrey, and he overhead Robert saying that someone should put Bran out of his misery.

Furthermore, Joff also mentions elsewhere that he is "no stranger to Valyrian steel." And on top of that Neither Robert nor any of the Lannisters would have been dumb enough to give an assassin a Valyrian steel dagger to kill a Stark.

You have no idea how giddy I just got reading this. Damn. Effing Joffrey.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Yep. Total brain fart or my phone auto corrected. Her hatred of Jon snow earned her my ire very early in the series.

Yes! She bugs me and it's because of that. Otherwise, I like her, but that bothers me a lot. Though from spoilers I've read, having just started the fourth book, I think I'm going to like her even less from here on.
  • rml_16
    Options

Well, Tyrion deduces it's Joffrey and so does Jaime, but it's never really stated outright. And unless I haven't gotten there yet, they never say Littlefinger lost the dagger to Robert, only that Robert had it.

And Littlefinger claimed he lost it to Tyrion, which we know was a total lie. I still think Littlefinger was behind it. I think he wanted to start a war and I think he has designs on the throne for himself. There's some stuff in the show that isn't in the book that makes me think this even more.
  • LordOberon
    LordOberon Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Well, Tyrion deduces it's Joffrey and so does Jaime, but it's never really stated outright. And unless I haven't gotten there yet, they never say Littlefinger lost the dagger to Robert, only that Robert had it.

And Littlefinger claimed he lost it to Tyrion, which we know was a total lie. I still think Littlefinger was behind it. I think he wanted to start a war and I think he has designs on the throne for himself. There's some stuff in the show that isn't in the book that makes me think this even more.

It was definitely Joffrey. It isn't even for a "good" reason, like keeping him quiet. He just wants to eliminate him because he is a cripple. That is Joffrey's version of mercy.

I don't think Littlefinger wants the crown. He is too smart for that. He sees all the trouble and strife that comes with it. I bet he would like to be Tywin, before getting shot in the privy. Littlefinger wants the gold and power and respect, but to be able to do it from behind the scenes. That way he can switch sides so he always is on the "winning" side.
  • lizzzylou
    lizzzylou Posts: 325
    Options
    Bit of a curve ball . I'm a big fan of Bronn.

Bronn is the shiznit! If I was a commoner, I would imagine I would play the Game of Thrones like Bronn
  • elgray26
    elgray26 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Mwahaha, I love that I see RML and DragonSquatter in here, too... my fellow obsessive fans.

Who you callin' "obsessive"??? MMMM????

Oh nevermind... ;)

AND

Clash-of-Kings-1.jpg

Oh! Oh! Oh!...Pick me..... Pick me
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Some of the Greyjoys really piss me off as well. Victarion always whining about how he "had to" beat his wife to death, poor him. And Theon is beyond douche.

TheonPoorLifeChoices_zps35cc68a5.jpg

LMAO! That is awesome!

Agreed, that meme is awesomeness.