Am I the only one who thinks greek yogurt is GROSS?!

Options

Replies

• stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I don't like it either - too sour and some of them seem like they suck the moisture out of my mouth.

However, I DO like Noosa, though it's pricey. It's advertised as Greek yogurt, but tastes nothing like any Greek yogurt I've ever had. It's nowhere near as thick, it's super smooth, and the flavors they have are awesome - you can't get plain. If any of you like lemon curd that is neither sweet nor super tart, try the lemon Noosa, it's like a lemon tart without a crust.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I hate greek yogurt!!!! My hubby loves it, but not for me at all
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    I used to hate it, but I do really like the yoplait brand of greek. Tropical fruit is the best flavor. Try it!
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I love it, I can't eat regular, watered down yogurt anymore. I put honey/Chia Seeds, cocoa, etc in my Greek Yogurt and YUM ;)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I like both, and I prefer the plain.
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Yogurt for me in general is a no go, the texture is off to me. so whether its plain or greek or whipped all I taste is gelatinous sour milk. lol i dont know why.
  • NumbrsNerd
    NumbrsNerd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Its too thick, and leaves my mouth feeling all coated and nasty.

I hear that all the time. Just swallow it for now till you get used to the taste. Eventually you'll come to love the texture and feeling of it in your mouth. It's a great way to get in protein so it's worth working on getting used to.

Ha!

So many dirty thoughts....

ETA: :blushing:
  • ljstar79
    ljstar79 Posts: 3
    Options
    taste like cement to me.
  • NinjaChickie
    NinjaChickie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    You're not alone. But I fear i might be.

I actually think ALL yogurt is disgusting. Seeing someone eat it is enough to make me gag.

:sick:
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I don't like plain greek yogurt, but I'm obsessed with it flavored. Pineapple is my favorite. :love:
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I only like one brand, which is a local organic one. Sweetened with some stevia, add in chia seeds and nuts to taste. Yum!
  • crandos
    crandos Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I add my protein powder in it mix it up chuck it in freezer so gooooodd
  • jerzypeach
    jerzypeach Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I think all yogurt/cheese/cottage cheese, etc is gross......I'd rather die than eat it.
  • branbury
    branbury Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE. plain nonfat greek yogurt with raspberries. drizzle honey over it. sprinkle w almonds. to die for.
  • crystalnichle
    crystalnichle Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way!! I hate the texture!!
  • heatherrunsfar
    Options
    Oh, I love greek yogurt!!!

But, I do think regular yogurt is hyper-sweet and super gross.
  • lea71777
    lea71777 Posts: 1
    Options
    For those who hate greek yoghurt (i hate all yoghurt but this is the only one I eat and LOVE), please try Farmers Union Greek strained yoghurt, the passionfruit one. I am addicted to it :)
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    You are not alone....I tried it once, not a fan! :noway:
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Send it to me! I LOVE that it is so thick & creamy and not too sweet. Perfect with almonds & berries.

Regular yogurt is too runny and sweet for me.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I hate frozen greek yogurt. The regular kind, I can eat fast enough to avoid the taste, haha