Pregnancy 2010 - September

Options

Replies

• yessie75
    Options
    This cold is driving me crazy! :grumble: I just barfed my whole breakfast because my stomach is full of air and flem (sorrry TMI), now I don't want to eat anything, just drink water. I was hoping to recuperate during the weekend but it seems my body is taking longer to deal with it. I've taken Sudafed (occassionally) and rub Vicks every night. I also have to sleep sitting with 3 pillows behind me and 2 on the side, just to get minimal sleep. I know I'm whining :sad: The last few days are so uncomfortable and it doesn't help when you are sick too.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    This cold is driving me crazy! :grumble: I just barfed my whole breakfast because my stomach is full of air and flem (sorrry TMI), now I don't want to eat anything, just drink water. I was hoping to recuperate during the weekend but it seems my body is taking longer to deal with it. I've taken Sudafed (occassionally) and rub Vicks every night. I also have to sleep sitting with 3 pillows behind me and 2 on the side, just to get minimal sleep. I know I'm whining :sad: The last few days are so uncomfortable and it doesn't help when you are sick too.

You poor thing, it is bad enough when you're not pregnant and you can take all the drugs possible but with only being able to take limited things it really sucks. You should call out tomorrow and spend the next two days in bed just trying to sleep as much as possible and rest. I would also recommend that you use a humidifier maybe that will help you breath a bit more and supposidly steam from the shower works to clear you up. Too bad it is too hot for chicken soup but maybe you should give it a shot anyways just to try and feel better. If you have access to chinese food hot and sour soup usually clears me up. I hope you feel better soon :flowerforyou:
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options

That does suck. I used a neti pot to flush my sinuses 2 times a day, it helped with the phlegm running down my thoat. It is weird at first, but it was a drugless option. Hope you feel better soon. Not much longer now. :flowerforyou:
  • ckmama
    Options
    Hello!

I confess, I've been lurking around this board for a few weeks. I thought it was time to introduce myself since yesterday I was lucky enough to have an ultrasound that confirmed that my pregnancy is going well so far. I thought I'd finally take a moment to introduce myself before I hop into any conversation.

I joined MFP in late July and lost 11 lbs. (incidentally, this happens to be about the time I conceived--oops). I guess that's not the best way to start off a pregnancy, but I obviously had no idea until a few weeks later.

I was told by a doctor in mid-July that I have PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome). She told me that I would not be able to conceive without first treating the condition or taking action to try to get pregnant. She told me that I didn't ovulate and discussed with me my "options" for if I was ready to conceive. I let her know that I wasn't looking to conceive right now. It was pretty shocking and depressing news because I wasn't open to my "options" she discussed with me. I avoid taking medications/hormones for BC at all costs. So I went about life and decided that my fate had already been decided for me: no kids. I guess I should have known better. I'm a stubborn woman with an apparently stubborn body, to boot (married to a stubborn man, go figure). I got pregnant the next opportunity my body gave me. Without trying. *sigh*

The timing was poor to say the least, but my husband and I still excited, nonetheless. I have experienced lots of signs of early pregnancy in these past couple of weeks. I nap a lot and have a difficult time coming up with any foods that even sound close to desirable. Unfortunately, my exercise routine I was following has gone down the tubes. I was running 3 miles a day or doing the 30-Day Shred almost daily. My lack of energy and caloric intake and feelings of barfiness have had me down. I feel pretty guilty that this was not planned and I was not prepping my body by taking vitamins beforehand or even for the first couple of weeks after I conceived, but seeing the heartbeat on the ultrasound yesterday helped make me feel a little better. I look forward to the second trimester when hopefully these problems slowing me down will pass.

I know the next several weeks will be tough to get through, while I'm trying to pass through the feelings of fear that the pregnancy will not continue, but I'm staying positive.

I have a lot to learn and accomplish in very little time...I know April is going to be here before I know it!

I'm excited to be a part of this board and look forward to hearing/sharing stories with you all :)

-Nicole

Try to stay positive. I know how you feel. I found out yesterday my neighbor is 13 weeks pregnant with twins, she was exhausted and still breastfeeds her 15 month old. She's lost 14 lbs so far. I figure if she still gets going a little I can too.
    Keep the faith, this phase will pass.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    Happy Monday to all of you mommies to be! Still no sign of morning sickness easing up, I went to bed sick last night and woke up sick this morning. Have a OB appointment this afternoon and I am nervous as can be. This will be the first time I get to hear my babies heart beat, last visit I only got the ultrasound. Hopefully after this visit my mind will be at ease, I have been so stressed with this pregnancy worrying about having another miscarriage. I pray that everything is fine with my little one. I am taking my 3 year old with me, daddy can't come this time because my appointment is at the same time that my older son gets out of school :cry: I know he'll be sad to not hear the baby's first heart beat. My 3 year old will be super excited though because he doesn't believe that there is a baby in mommys tummy.... he says he doesn't hear it crying in there lol :laugh: Boy kids are cute!
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    Hi Nicole, Welcome to the board!

I am trying to decide if I should take the plunge and step into all maternity clothes. It seems silly at only 12 weeks, however I have been in PG pants for the last few weeks and now my shirt availability is getting smaller. I can only wear regular shirts with a long layer underneath. That isn't bad during the week, however all my Sunday clothes don't fit. My nice shirts pucker and show too much...I guess to be in good taste I will have to on Sundays....:tongue: You would think that by the time I am having my third baby it wouldn't be a dilemma, but I guess I always have a clothes dilemma--do I buy small because I am going to lose weight or buy my size now...yada yada. Gee I guess I am just rambling. Have a great weekend!

I think you probably show earlier with each baby, I don't think it is silly to move into maternity clothes. I did a couple weeks ago because I was simply uncomfortable with how my clothes were fitting. My pants would barely buckle and were unbearable and my tops were showing belly or hugging tight. This is my 3rd as well and I prefer having maternity clothes on that are slightly big than regular clothes that are too small.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    yessie, be glad you are sick now, rather than with a newborn. Sick babies are even worse than being pregnant and sick.

sheri, I am finally starting to feel better. I still feel nauseated if I have not eaten timely or had enough water to drink--but it isn't as constant---Thank goodness! It will be just around the corner for you! Although I do remember feeling as if it would never end!

One funny thing is that the Pizza delivery guy thanked me for keeping them in business. I guess I have been ordering a lot lately. :laugh:
  • ckmama
    Options
    Happy Monday to all of you mommies to be! Still no sign of morning sickness easing up, I went to bed sick last night and woke up sick this morning. Have a OB appointment this afternoon and I am nervous as can be. This will be the first time I get to hear my babies heart beat, last visit I only got the ultrasound. Hopefully after this visit my mind will be at ease, I have been so stressed with this pregnancy worrying about having another miscarriage. I pray that everything is fine with my little one. I am taking my 3 year old with me, daddy can't come this time because my appointment is at the same time that my older son gets out of school :cry: I know he'll be sad to not hear the baby's first heart beat. My 3 year old will be super excited though because he doesn't believe that there is a baby in mommys tummy.... he says he doesn't hear it crying in there lol :laugh: Boy kids are cute!

I hope everything goes well today and he gets to hear the heart beat. My thoughts are with you.:flowerforyou:
  • ckmama
    Options
    yessie, be glad you are sick now, rather than with a newborn. Sick babies are even worse than being pregnant and sick.

sheri, I am finally starting to feel better. I still feel nauseated if I have not eaten timely or had enough water to drink--but it isn't as constant---Thank goodness! It will be just around the corner for you! Although I do remember feeling as if it would never end!

One funny thing is that the Pizza delivery guy thanked me for keeping them in business. I guess I have been ordering a lot lately. :laugh:

My nausea is getting better too. Comes in waves.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    My appointment went great, we did another ultrasound instead of listening because he said they hadn't put my babies measurements in the computer. It is amazing how in 3 short weeks my baby went from a spec to looking like an actual tiny person whith a head, eyes and so forth. My lil guy was amazed to see his sibling.
  • shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I just read up on everyone's posts. Sorry to hear everyone is down in the dumps! :sad:

Just wait until you have these babies....I cried for 2 weeks straight. Over stupid stuff as well! But I'm better now. My little munchkin is 4 weeks old. I just posted a new picture of her. I had newborn pics taken of her cuteness :smooched:

Hope it cheers everyone up....all the sickness and being uncomfortable is so worth it when your little bundle of joy gets here. Just try to keep your head up!! :flowerforyou:
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Shoppingqueen - She is so cute, I love the hat!!!

I too am having a rough time. Being sick means I am making really bad food choices, which I feel super guilty about, and it brings me down more. My first appointment is on Friday, and hopefully that will cheer me up. I think just not knowing if everything is OK for 8 weeks is tough on a pregnant women.

The Red Wagon sale is Thursday night. I found out that it is a huge gently used baby sale with literally thousands of clothes, hundreds of pack and plays, strollers, etc. I am a bit afraid to buy anything since I haven't even had my appointment yet. It would be horrible to buy something, and then to find out that the baby isn't ok.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    Such a precious baby shoppingqueen! I don't think we ever stop worrying Tahmed. We just have to have faith that everything will be ok. Hope everyone has a great day
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies - I haven't posted in a little while, but I have been reading and keeping up. I am starting to feel a little better...still tired, but not as nauseous anymore. I haven't started making myself eat right again though.....so I should really start that! We've just found out some things are wrong with the house we're living in, so we're in the process of making a decision of what to do...where to move, buy, etc (we're leasing right now) so I have been preoccupied with that! I would really love to go ahead and get it done so I'm not 8 months pregnant having to move and set up a nursery!

I'm glad some of you are starting to feel better, too! And if you're not, your day is coming!!

Shoppingqueen - your baby is beautiful! Thanks for the pictures! Glad you're doing well!

I go on October 1 for my next appointment and we're having another ultrasound - can't wait to see the little one again!!! I'm like you sheri, it's going to be so amazing how much they've changed from just a little peanut to actually looking like a baby! It's awesome and I can't wait! :love:
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Such a precious baby shoppingqueen! I don't think we ever stop worrying Tahmed. We just have to have faith that everything will be ok. Hope everyone has a great day

I agree...FAITH!! :flowerforyou:
  • ByTheBeach
    Options
    i'm new to this group, but just wanted to wish all of you well!

my husband and I just started TTC this month...we'll see how it goes. I have a daughter who is going to be 2 next month so we figure now would be a great time to continue to grow our family. We'll see next week if we had any success...

:) hooray for babies!!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Everything relys on faith I have decided. Also something very comforting is that once you have heard the heartbeat the chances of miscarriage are significantly reduced. I have felt much better since reading that. My last pregnancy I was worried sick. I had miscarried the one before and so paid out of pocket to have an ultrasound done. That was the best thing I ever did. It was only $50 to confirm pregnancy at 6-7 weeks. If you are really worried I definitely recommend it. I didn't do it this time, but I also know that this baby is wanting to come down. I would not have timed it the way it happened--which means it wasn't up to me. Considering we hadn't even decided to start trying yet... :tongue: Perhaps that is why my hubby knew I was pregnant before I did. I was in denial. Sometimes denial is a good place to be. :laugh:

tahmed, I say set a budget for yourself, nothing too big and find things you fall in love with. Don't go overboard and then no matter what happens you will have really cute clothes for cute babies...
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Shoppingqueen - great pic!

39 weeks today! Saw my doc yesterday and only slightly progressed from last week. *sigh so I'm a loose 1cm and slightly more than 50% effaced. I've been having intense menstrual cramping almost every night so I was hoping that I'd have progressed further. She gave me the ok to start naturally inducing, so I had acupuncture last night. The doc said that it would take at least 2 sessions, but last night I started having pretty bad menstrual cramping and back pain which has lasted until currently. No contractions though! *sigh, I guess we'll see how the rest of today goes. All this false labor stuff is so emotionally draining, we keep getting our hopes up and then the little guy doesn't come. He's dropped a lot though, my stomach looks soooo low! Wish me luck, I'll keep you guys updated.
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Shoppingqueen - great pic!

39 weeks today! Saw my doc yesterday and only slightly progressed from last week. *sigh so I'm a loose 1cm and slightly more than 50% effaced. I've been having intense menstrual cramping almost every night so I was hoping that I'd have progressed further. She gave me the ok to start naturally inducing, so I had acupuncture last night. The doc said that it would take at least 2 sessions, but last night I started having pretty bad menstrual cramping and back pain which has lasted until currently. No contractions though! *sigh, I guess we'll see how the rest of today goes. All this false labor stuff is so emotionally draining, we keep getting our hopes up and then the little guy doesn't come. He's dropped a lot though, my stomach looks soooo low! Wish me luck, I'll keep you guys updated.

Oh good luck Angela!

OK - I have a question - I assumed that contraction cramps felt like menstrual crapms but stronger..... how are they different and can you explain them a bit?

I'm so green! LOL
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    Good luck Angela, I was fortunate to have both babies at 38 weeks, I hope the same happens with this one.