Honey Boo Boo; your thoughts?

Options
blah2989
blah2989 Posts: 338 Member
I never rly knew about the show, Im watching one episode right now, just because there is so much hype. I dont get why... so far. Your opinions?

Replies

• snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    My general experience is people enjoy watching shows like that so they can feel better about themselves and say 'well I'm no that stupid/fat/dumb' etc.

I have no problem with it. I personally don't watch it, but they are free to do what they please with their lives.
  • TattedInStilettos
    TattedInStilettos Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I always thought to be one of the little pagent girls you had to be pretty and in a certain weight group.... so how this lil girl made it???
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I always thought to be one of the little pagent girls you had to be pretty and in a certain weight group.... so how this lil girl made it???

Did you really just call a little girl ugly and fat?
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Tell ya how out of touch I am with all this. I had heard of the show a while ago, but I really thought it was about some black kid. In my head it was like a Gary Coleman thing with his family.

I was totally surprised when I saw a commercial on HGTV promoting some upcoming smellivision type show of theirs, and it was a small trippy white girl.

Beyond that, IDGAC.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

Self esteem issues-they start here.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

:noway:

Seriously, you should feel ashamed for what you just said. It's bad enough when adults body shame each other, but an adult doing it to a kid? :noway:
  • hOw2lozeAgiN10dAze
    hOw2lozeAgiN10dAze Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    I'd rather eat glass than watch Honey Boo Boo.
  • kristina_m92
    kristina_m92 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I have never seen the show but sometimes I think about how many camo tents had to die to make Mama June's wedding dress.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Just like any typical white family
  • EmilyMcD84
    EmilyMcD84 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I don't watch anymore because my husband can't stand it! But I actually liked it. They do their thing, have a good time and though I don't always agree with the mothers way of doing things, her "it is what it is" attitude is something I wish I could adopt.

It upsets me when people insult the children. They are CHILDREN!!!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I do have to say that Honey Boo Boo was discovered from that TLC show Toddlers and Tiaras, but the only one, THE ONLY ONE, who got her own spin off show was Honey Boo Boo's family.

Just goes to show sometimes personality sells.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I think some people like the show because they think it's funny. Others watch it to feel superior.

I don't really watch, but I've seen episodes; I think they're one of the happiest reality TV families I've ever seen. They seem to love one another lots. It's nice.
  • DonnaRe2012
    DonnaRe2012 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Stupid.....IMO
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options

If the shoe fits....
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options

Are you kidding? She's adorable.

And no, pageants don't have weight classes. They're not wrestlers, they're children.
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    You do realise this kind of television in this day and age, is designed to condition people like us to dislike one another for no reason?

Wake up please.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I personally can't even watch the commercials without having my skin crawl. Just seems like noise...and I actually like stupid tv/humor.
  • lizzzylou
    lizzzylou Posts: 325
    Options

This. I consider myself a "redneck" .... so does this family. They're an insult to rednecks
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options

+1
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Just another silly reality show. Nice to watch when nothing else is on :tongue: