Honey Boo Boo; your thoughts?

Options

Replies

• Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Just seems like glorified stupid to me.

Not sure how it's glorified. Just seems like stupid stupid to me.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Although some of the things they show are a bit repulsive lol, they are one of the most loving, caring families on current reality shows. They are always giving and doing things for the community around them.

In a way, they set a much better example than say, watching the Kardashians fight and curse at each other all the time.

Edited to say, I've only seen it a few times so I'm not a true fan...but I have seen worse reality TV...
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Just seems like glorified stupid to me.
    Not sure how it's glorified. Just seems like stupid stupid to me.
    Agreed. By glorified, I mean going to the trouble and spending money to get this stupid on the air and calling it entertainment.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Kinda proud to say, I've never seen a second of the show.
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    It's not really my type of reality show.
  • beepermad
    beepermad Posts: 198
    Options
    Honey Boo Boo is a beacon of hope for the masses, a shining light in the darkness of a world full of cynics and rapey people...

Nah, I've never seen it.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Never watched it. Never wanted to watch it.
  • ccb1128
    ccb1128 Posts: 56
    Options
    The hard truth sucks. If she's ugly and fat at that age, only the parents can be blamed... sorry, not ugly, just fat.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I always thought to be one of the little pagent girls you had to be pretty and in a certain weight group.... so how this lil girl made it???

:noway:

Seriously, you should feel ashamed for what you just said. It's bad enough when adults body shame each other, but an adult doing it to a kid? :noway:

When people make their private lives public, shaming is fair. Their privacy wasn't invaded by papparazzi. Honey Boo Boo and her family are making good money by inviting all kinds of shaming, and they seem to enjoy the attention.
  • silverinc13
    silverinc13 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    The worst thing to ever hit television.
  • KatieBee8
    Options
    I've never watched it. It's bad enough seeing the adverts. I'm not really sure who she actually is.
  • dailytammy
    dailytammy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    trashy show and ppl are trashy on there
  • Nishi2013
    Nishi2013 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    The worst thing to ever hit television.

For me that would be the kardashians. I don't watch HBB. I don't like what they represent BUT I did rather this poor family make money off of their "talent" than the obnoxious and self possessed kardashian clan.
  • TiredOfMyself
    TiredOfMyself Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I always thought to be one of the little pagent girls you had to be pretty and in a certain weight group.... so how this lil girl made it???

Seriously? You're pathetic. The pot's calling the kettle fat.
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I've seen a few episodes and it's amusing.

What really upsets me is all the virtiol for this little kid. I've seen so many hateful comments online about how fat and dumb she is, how she's going to end up teen mom with herpes or whatever... she's just a child! To be honest, i think she's a cute kid and I wish the best for her. And if you've ever seen Toddlers in Tiaras her mom was one of the more normal, supportive ones. She didn't seem to be pushing her kid into doing pageants or living vicariously through her.

I will not stand by 'sketti, though.
  • TiredOfMyself
    TiredOfMyself Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    All of you hateful adults, seriously?

I L-O-V-E Honey Boo Boo! I don't watch it to laugh at them, I watch it to laugh with them. Their family is real; they don't live in a mansion, have a clothing line, or have private jets and small islands! That's not even the point though. Let them be them, they know that they are heavy, but it doesn't get to them because they're living their life, and guess what all of you hateful people? They don't give a squat about your opinions!

You people fire me up, I can't believe all of you sick people.

I love you, Mama, Pumpkin, Chubbs, Sugar Bear, Chick-a-dee, and Honey Boo Boo!
  • Nishi2013
    Options

Seriously? You're pathetic. The pot's calling the kettle fat.

What she said was bad... your comment calling her a fat pot isn't any better either.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    complete trash
  • Nishi2013
    Options
    I've seen a few episodes and it's amusing.

What really upsets me is all the virtiol for this little kid. I've seen so many hateful comments online about how fat and dumb she is, how she's going to end up teen mom with herpes or whatever... she's just a child! To be honest, i think she's a cute kid and I wish the best for her. And if you've ever seen Toddlers in Tiaras her mom was one of the more normal, supportive ones. She didn't seem to be pushing her kid into doing pageants or living vicariously through her.

I will not stand by 'sketti, though.

Normal moms don't feed their kids go go juice to keep them energetic during the pageant.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Let them be them, they know that they are heavy, but it doesn't get to them because they're living their life, and guess what all of you hateful people? They don't give a squat about your opinions!

But clearly you do. Which is far more entertaining.