Looking for geek friends. :)

Options
167891012»

Replies

• flupps_
    flupps_ Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ok, guess it's time to come out of lurking mode, feel free to add- can always use more friends on here.

Varied forms of geekery, goes in waves between different areas, very much "Oh shiny!"-syndrome.
    The stuff that lasts is Gaming, TV Series/Movies, Photography, Coffee geekery. For the others I'll get really intensive periods and then slow periods and then return a year later and catch up or similar.

As for TV series, I'm into most Scifi (Firefly, Galactica, etc), some Dramas (The Wire was awesome, Rome, Game of Thrones, etc) and a few comedies (Archer, Arrested Development, Black Adder).

Steven Erikson is probably my favorite fantasy writer, closely followed by Tolkien and Pratchett.

I started playing games around when they still were text-based, and during high school me and a friend knew a guy working at the local video rental place that let us rent NES/SNES games for basically free. So we went through their whole selection in one semester in alphabetical order.
    Games that make me nostalgic would be Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI, Secret of Mana, Actraiser, X-com, Civilization-series, X-wing/Tie Fighter, All Lucasarts point-n-click adventure games, Fallout 2, Shadow of the Colossus, Rez, Windjammers, Resident Evil 4, Silent Hill 2, Eternal Darkness, etc, etc, etc...
    Recent games I enjoyed (as in the last 2-3 years or so) was Demon's/Dark Souls, Journey, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Metal Gear Solid 4, Burnout Paradise, Ni No Kuni...
    Right now I'm playing through Okami, and after that I have "Last of Us" waiting.

I don't watch as much Anime as I used to, but "Now and then, Here and There", Noir, Serial Experiments Lain, Berserk, Escaflowne are the ones I remember fondly.

I dabble a little in things like Board gaming, horror, steampunk, music, comics as well, but not to the same extent.
  • ElikaCousland
    ElikaCousland Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Meh. I miss the old days when we weren't so trendy. That's just me.

I absolutely love that it's trendy. When things gets popular, more money gets poured into productions, quality and quantity increases, leaving me to vast in all it's magical glory.
    ^THIS. I will gladly accept hipster girls in thick rimmed glasses posing with NES controllers on Instagram, as long as they keep throwing cash at stuff I love. I hope it stays trendy forever.

Video game geek here. Mostly RPG's, but I'll play anything as long as it's good. I'm sort of obsessed with Dragon Age...I played through DA:O probably 10 times on Xbox, THEN bought the PC version just to play with mods lol. I've written a couple fanfics for the DA kmeme/ff.net...annnnd when I get closer to goal weight, I am absolutely doing some cosplay. I'd make a pretty believable Leliana, I think.

Not going to throw out a comprehensive list of everything I'm into, but a lot of it is the usual suspects - Game of Thrones, Firefly, Marvel superheroes, dystopian novels, Star Wars, zombies, blahblah etc. ADD ME! I need more awesome friends. =]
  • SylentZee
    SylentZee Posts: 262
    Options
    Mega geek here. I have me BA in Game Development and work in the industry. Oh and obviously, I'm a big gamer lol.
  • nozillanooc
    Options
    I would like consider myself a geek or at least have geekish tendencies. I love table top games and various sci-fi television. I also live in frat/sorority central so it is difficult to meet like minded people.
  • thatgeekgirl
    Options
    YAAAY

EVERYONE FRIEND ME AHHH

I am a whovian, mtg player, pathfinder, lady spartan (halo), assassin's creed-er, Game of Thrones fan, Marvel lover, and Hyrulian.
    EDIT: How did I forget about my Skyrim adventuring ahh!

Basically. As geeky as it gets. And I am proud about it.

Kiss me. Kiss me now. All of you. Finally. I have found you people. Let's become betrothed. All of us.
    :'D
  • freewilldanny
    Options
    Add me on League of Legends! :D