The awesomest thing your kid has ever said...

UsedToBeHusky
UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
Mine... "You really are a cool mom."

:drinker: She loves me! :blushing:

Replies

• mine... "you're the prettiest mom in the world." gah, love them!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    mine... "you're the prettiest mom in the world." gah, love them!

Well it's true!

....except for my mom...
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    I told him last night that he is the best, he said "You're better" and he is a teenager!!!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Well he's not my kid, he's my roommates kid. He's 5 and adorable. Well, he heard us saying "C U Next Tuesday" to each other, and now he says that to me every time I leave the house, LOL. I wonder if he'll ever find out what it actually means.
  • BrookieTrout626
    BrookieTrout626 Posts: 89 Member
    "mom you are beautiful" makes my heart melt or even better "you are a good mom" only 4 and oh so smart ;)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    I told him last night that he is the best, he said "You're better" and he is a teenager!!!

D'aw! Mine's a teenager too.
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Well he's not my kid, he's my roommates kid. He's 5 and adorable. Well, he heard us saying "C U Next Tuesday" to each other, and now he says that to me every time I leave the house, LOL. I wonder if he'll ever find out what it actually means.

DOH!
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    I told him to stop jumping on the couch and he said he couldn't because he had bouncelexia. One of many awesome things he's said... I try to write them all down :P
  • torabelle79
    torabelle79 Posts: 63 Member
    Mummy....you're my best friend because I love you! Said last night by my 4 year old daughter.

And my two year old son melts hearts by singing "you are my sunshine!"
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    "Mommy when you get old I promise to wipe your butt just like you did mine"
    I still chuckle everytime I think about it.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    We were doing the I love you, I love you more thing. He says "No, I love you more because my heart beats faster because I'm littler than you. So that pumps more love than yours does." :smooched:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    this is from 2008... I will always love this story:

So, today started off quite interesting. As usual, I was a pack mule leaving the house being laden with my bag, purse, book, and some fruit along with carrying the youngest minion (who, at 8 months, has been out of the infant carrier for almost a month now) - and the oldest minion was carrying the bag that goes to day care. The back deck that we have to cross to get from the house to the garage was covered in a thin layer of frost. I told the older boy it was slippery, and had him walk ahead of me. He gets down the stairs and to the sidewalk with no problem.

The next thing I know, my foot is sliding off the stairs and I am trying desperately to not drop the baby or land on him as I fall. The little guy unfortunately hits his head on the post of the deck, not hard but enough to startle him and he starts crying. As I get up, I check the baby to make sure he's okay, and what does my older boy do? No, he doesn't ask if his brother is okay... he doesn't ask if Mommy is okay...

"Mommy, you dropped your banana!" he says. Then he proceeds to run over to the banana. "Are you okay banana?" He then checks it to make sure it's not broken, and puts it back in my purse. "The banana is okay, Mommy."

Needless to say, I had a hard time controlling my laughter even though I was concerned about the baby.

And as a final note - the banana is fine, my posterior is growing what I'm sure will be a lovely purple bruise, and the baby felt good enough a few minutes later when I dropped him off at daycare to headbutt me in the teeth without a peep after the fact.

That's sweet. He didn't want you to get scared and freak out the baby. That's a smart minion!!
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    When my daughter was about 4 years old, I was driving her to school, she was sitting behind me, and out of nowhere she said "Sometimes I can't believe this is real life." Amen, sister!
  • one time when my now 12 year old was 4 and I was hugely pregnant with my son, we were driving in my no A/C car. And, from the backseat, she says as sassy as possible (I swear I don't know where she got that from, lol). "Mom. (pause). I'm a Princess. Princesses are not supposed to sweat, THEREFORE, I am not supposed to sweat!" I kid you not.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    I just love when my kids who are 8 & 11 slip up & call me "Mommy" instead of "Mom", LOL :)
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Don't have a kid, but my 3 year old little cousin got Smarties during the 4th of July. He ate some and asked my grandma

"Ask me a math question. These will make me smart"

"What's 2+2?"

"6"

"Nope"

(Throws them over his shoulder) "Well these don't work."

He says things like that all the time. I'm convinced he's going to grow up to be a writer for SNL.
  • SweetLilyR
    SweetLilyR Posts: 283 Member
    Whenever I put on a dress or skirt (which is VERY rare), my 5 year old daughter always tells me I look soooooo beautiful, "just like a princess, mommy!" It's sweet and makes me want to dress up for her more.

But what really made my day was when she told me she wanted to grow up and be a "scientist who studied dinosaurs, leopards, unicorns, and the aurora borealis." And yes, she actually said the words "aurora borealis"!

My now 3 year old son hugged me out of the blue one day and told me, "You're my bestest friend, Mama. I'm loving you lots. I have a great idea - BIG BIG trucks!! Can we make one with green and yellow stripes?" He is the cutest little thing!
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    "Mommy when you get old I promise to wipe your butt just like you did mine"
    I still chuckle everytime I think about it.

omgod haha love this!!! ^^^
  • SweetLilyR
    SweetLilyR Posts: 283 Member
    Don't have a kid, but my 3 year old little cousin got Smarties during the 4th of July. He ate some and asked my grandma

"Ask me a math question. These will make me smart"

"What's 2+2?"

"6"

"Nope"

(Throws them over his shoulder) "Well these don't work."

He says things like that all the time. I'm convinced he's going to grow up to be a writer for SNL.

I can see my son doing the exact same thing!! :laugh: