The awesomest thing your kid has ever said...

Replies

• PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Mine is only 16 months old, so anything she says is the most awesomest thing to me! :smooched:

Right now she is learning "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" so she will put all of her fingers together and say "Itsy, Itsy, Itsy" :smooched:

And she is also learning the ABC song, and she can only say certain letters, but she just chimes in with her favorites when we sing it together. My favorites is how she seems to combine H and I into one letter. :laugh:

True Story:
    My daughter said Duck before she ever said Mama... :grumble:
  • lizzzylou
    lizzzylou Posts: 325
    My best friend's 6 year old, who I've been around since the day he was born, informed me that he's going to be an ornithologist when he grows up. I had to look up what an ornithologist was:embarassed:

ETA: He informed me that he was going to get is doctorite in ornithology too, my bad
  • nytius
    nytius Posts: 173 Member
    My husband: "What do you want to be when you grow up"
    My 11 year old daughter: "A lady like momma"

Tears sprung to my eyes when I heard the above. She did not know I was listening

My 11 year old Son: "I'll run with you mom".

Me chuckling says: "You sure? I know you hate running."

Him: "Yeah...but with you it won't be so bad"

I may have smiled for three weeks from the above.
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    I over heard my 21 year old son reply to a friend of mine, "Ya she she sure is!", when my friend said, "You know what (son's name)? Your mom is a great gal is pretty cool!"

My daughter at 15 years old told me, "Mom, you're good for my heart!" when she was going through a very difficult time.

<3
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Me: Jayden, why are our clothes off?

Jayden: Because i'm naked mom

Me: but why are you naked?

Jayden: Because I'm sexy and I know it......

Love the minds of 3 year olds.

^^ I love this.
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Awww... I love this thread!

It's too hard to pick just one of his comments. My teenager is wonderful, and never wastes a chance to tell me I'm wonderful too, lol. But his actions speak louder then words. He's always ready to workout with me, go to the movies/mini golfing/arcade, farmers market, or just go for coffee. He's great company and is always popping off with something funny.

Good Times! :)
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Besides "You're the best mom in the world"

My 5 year old said "Mom, you're not a very good driver" I told him that wasn't nice. He changed it to "Mom, I love you, but you're still not a very good driver"-- I love it because it's true :)
  • CurvaciousBeautyToBe
    CurvaciousBeautyToBe Posts: 100 Member
    I don't have kids. But thanks for this thread, OP. It is so cute. :)
  • I was trying to get my (almost) four year old dressed and she was not cooperating. When I asked her why she didn't want to get ready and go, she said "Because Yoga's waiting for me in the Degoba system!!" I may watch Star Wars too much.

That, or the time we were in Wal-Mart and a man told her she was pretty, so she says "Quit looking at me you dirty old man! Can I have a quarter?"

I'm in tears I'm laughing so hard.

And not my kid (I'm childless) but my good friends Niece came out here to California one year and we were all in the store and she had honestly never seen an African American before. She saw one, and didn't say anything until we got to the car (she was 3 at the time). She very politely asked us "why was that man a funny color? Did he stay out in the sun too long?"

It was a good time to teach about all different kinds of people :smile: I was just impressed she waited until we got to the car!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    "when I grow up I want to be really strong like you mummy and lift heavy barbells" (from my 7 yr old)

and one that I put on my blog: http://cavepeopleandstuff.wordpress.com/2013/06/11/lucys-real-name/

and from my 3 yr old this morning - I'd just put an app called "pou" on the 7yr old's tablet, which is a virtual pet type app:

7 yr old: why is it called pou?

me: it doesn't mean poo, it's just a cute name

3 yr old: because it came out of someone's bottom

and another one from my 7 yr old who was about 5 at the time:

my husband was reading a book about Plato. He's American, I'm British, kids speak in a British accent like me.

daughter: what are you reading daddy?

daddy: a book about Plato

daughter: can you read it to me?

*my husband proceeds to read it to her as though he was reading it to a highly educated adult* *I enter the room*

daughter (excitedly): mummy!! daddy's reading to me all about play-doh!

hs-001_1z.jpg
  • JamieK84
    JamieK84 Posts: 24 Member
    A few nights ago my son and I were lounging around and he said, "I miss Grandma. I wish Grandma could come back." My mom died in October of last year. My son is 5 and although I know he misses her, he doesn't bring it up much even though they were very close. I think it's because he doesn't want to upset me; he hates it when I cry. It was so sweet that he was finally talking to me about it and express his feelings; I tried hard not to cry, because I knew he would shut down if I did that, but I couldn't help it. I started bawling and he scrambled trying to do anything he could to make me laugh. Then he rubbed my back and told me it was going to be ok, that he is here for me. He even suggested, "Grandma Roxy can be your mom." (That's my husband's mom) He's such a sweet kid and I'm a lucky mom.
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    My oldest boy once said... "Mom, you're the nicest person I know... but you've got to stop letting people walk all over you". Youngest son... not what he said, but what he did.( His senior year of high school, after we'd been thru hell with his dad). We had a signal that meant "I love you". He's in a basketball game at the free throw line, looks up at me in the stands, and before he shoots, he gives me the signal. I just about lost it in front of all those people. My daughter in grade school... someone must have told her... your mom is fat. Her reply...maybe she is, but she's the best mom anyone could have.
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Oh yeah... Another sweet thing my 5 year old said: "I hope daddy dies so I can stay with you forever" That was sweet :)
  • nytius
    nytius Posts: 173 Member
    We were doing the I love you, I love you more thing. He says "No, I love you more because my heart beats faster because I'm littler than you. So that pumps more love than yours does." :smooched:

This is kid logic at it's finest. Totally the reason you smother them with kisses!
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    When me and my son (4) are in the truck/at the house listening to music he'll constantly come up and be like "This is ______ and it's my favorite" so he listens to a lot of music. Well he has an 11 year old sister who is a big One Direction/Justin Bieber etc fan o_O. Anyways we're playing on the computer and he's DJ'ing on my laptop watching a Justin Bieber concert. When Justin walked off stage he said he had to go and was saying bye and all that.

My son proceeded to melt down crying profusely that Justin Beiber was going buh bye and he wanted to talk to him. Me and my daughter just looked at each other and busted out laughing. This went on for 5-10 minutes as Justin came back to do an encore and then left again.
  • bamabutterfly83
    bamabutterfly83 Posts: 73 Member
    My son is two and he loves to carry the shopping basket when we are at the grocery store. One day when it got to heavy for him to carry he still didn't want me to help so he started pushing it down the aisle. I asked him if he wanted help and he told me, "I got this." I love that kid!
  • p1ppers
    p1ppers Posts: 40 Member
    My daughter, who is 29 now, saw my video of me I posted on Facebook bowfishing for the first time and hitting a carp, her comment was, "Yeah, my mom's kinda kicka$$". I liked hearing that. lol
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    My now 21 year old son was a huge Toy Story fan and wanted a Buzz Lightyear and Woody figure. So for his third birthday, I went and bought him the 12" tall or so 'dolls', even writing his first name on Woody's foot before wrapping it up. He unwrapped the Buzz doll and was so excited to have it. Then after unwrapping the Woody doll, his face beaming with joy and holding up the doll for everyone to see,said, "I got a big Woody!" There wasn't a dry eye in the house! lmao

Priceless!!

It's on video :glasses:
  • jfcarlson713
    jfcarlson713 Posts: 108 Member
    Most awesome....... I tried not to but couldn't help myself!:flowerforyou:
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    recently ...

"Dad, Can I talk to you? but first you have to promise not to be sarcastic or facetious until we are done talking."

he needed to ask me for advice on what to do about liking a girl. I was happy that he wanted me to give him advice and pleased that he was aware enough to make sure I know the subject was serious to him. :smile: