14 lbs13 Inches lost in 4 weeks by ZumbaProgress Pics!

Options

Replies

• SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    As a Registered Nurse who graduated in the top 10% of her class, I think you are doing fantastic. You will know when to up your calories and when to eat them back. Do not let *****es on this site ruin your motivation.

Just the top 10%? Awww.

SMDH...

As an RN myself, I would never want to go publicly promoting an unhealthy lifestyle. Thanks for publicly supporting all those with EDs. They all know when they should up their calories too I suppose?
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    as I have been saying , I just NOW put my profile on private to prevent un needed criticism. I didn't tell anyone to eat 1200 calories a day. All I said was to do Zumba. Thats it. And I didnt say i lost a ton of weight either...14 lbs is not unheard of. I lost inches.
  • TwinMom422
    TwinMom422 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You look amazing!!!! Motivated me to try it too.
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    :O That's just astounding!! Fantastic effort. Well done!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    You're "promoting" Zumba and yoga, but the simple fact is your results came from starving yourself. Doctor's supervision or not, that's still what it is. Normal people with normal diets and calorie deficits will not have anywhere near the same results, plus a lot of that weight lost is a massive amount of water, so when you adjust your calories back up a lot of it will come back. No key is bashing you personally, just pointing out to others that the way you achieved your results is unrealistic for other people.

You could've done 90 minutes of ANY cardio exercise with the incredibly low calorie diet you are on and had the same results.

Im not starving myself...I still eat and I eat a RAW Vegan diet that is Gluten free under the supervision of a nutritionist and a doctor. Once I lose the initial weight my workouts will be reduced with the same amount of calorie intake As I said, everyone is different. People lose weight at different rates. you guys are not familiar with my battles and challenges or my health conditions. Everyone has their own opinion , this was a success story for me. I posted it because I have worked hard to achieve MY results and I am proud of them. I posted the pictures because I am proud of what i have accomplished! Not to tell everyone they will look like me if they do Zumba. In my original post all is said was to do zumba and yoga and they will see results. Will they be as extreme as mine? Probably not, but its still encouraging healthy excersize. I never once encouraged anyone to be on the diet I am on with my level of activity. That is clearly written on my profile.
    Your profile is private, so no one can see disclaimers.

And you really shouldn't tell people that they will see results if they do yoga and zumba under false pretenses. without the full story, you have made deceptive claims.

I just put my profile on private because of this. i didnt make deceptive claims. you are picking this apart to be something more than it is. I was posting MY success story. My own personal success. not yours or anyone elses... everyones results are different. Everyone has a different STORY. If I choose not to divulge my WHOLE entire medical problems on MFP , which i dont feel is anyones buisness but my own, then that is my choice. I was proud of my results. And I posted them. Simple as that.

What was the motive behind posting the success story though? If you just wanted to get it out, and have it be known, keep it to your profile or a blog so then your friends would know and say. You did a great job. When you put it out there, with as little background information as you provided, you are promoting what you did to succeed as a method for all who read it. That includes those who are brand new, and have no idea how anything works, and come to the success story boards for motivation and ideas about how to drop some serious poundage.
  • originalcookiemonster
    Options
    1200 calories and 90 min of exercise= hellova dangerous calorie deficit. Thats great you exercise but wow this is overall unhealthy.
    Please read my previous post. This is under supervision. I was by no means talking about my diet. I was talking about doing Zumba and Yoga. I was not promoting my diet.

I appreciate the note to your previous post, I did read it. However, by the mere mention of your diet, you are promoting it as part of your success along with the zumba. There is plenty of scientific evidence to back the danger of netting low calories. Please be careful, I wish you healthy, long term success.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    Wow!!! You look amazing!!!! Motivated me to try it too.

See like this! This is what I am talking about.
  • VeggieKidMandy
    Options
    You're "promoting" Zumba and yoga, but the simple fact is your results came from starving yourself. Doctor's supervision or not, that's still what it is. Normal people with normal diets and calorie deficits will not have anywhere near the same results, plus a lot of that weight lost is a massive amount of water, so when you adjust your calories back up a lot of it will come back. No key is bashing you personally, just pointing out to others that the way you achieved your results is unrealistic for other people.

I believe there is a whole special section called motivation and support.

You could've done 90 minutes of ANY cardio exercise with the incredibly low calorie diet you are on and had the same results.

Im not starving myself...I still eat and I eat a RAW Vegan diet that is Gluten free under the supervision of a nutritionist and a doctor. Once I lose the initial weight my workouts will be reduced with the same amount of calorie intake As I said, everyone is different. People lose weight at different rates. you guys are not familiar with my battles and challenges or my health conditions. Everyone has their own opinion , this was a success story for me. I posted it because I have worked hard to achieve MY results and I am proud of them. I posted the pictures because I am proud of what i have accomplished! Not to tell everyone they will look like me if they do Zumba. In my original post all is said was to do zumba and yoga and they will see results. Will they be as extreme as mine? Probably not, but its still encouraging healthy excersize. I never once encouraged anyone to be on the diet I am on with my level of activity. That is clearly written on my profile.

And you really shouldn't tell people that they will see results if they do yoga and zumba under false pretenses. without the full story, you have made deceptive claims.

I just put my profile on private because of this. i didnt make deceptive claims. you are picking this apart to be something more than it is. I was posting MY success story. My own personal success. not yours or anyone elses... everyones results are different. Everyone has a different STORY. If I choose not to divulge my WHOLE entire medical problems on MFP , which i dont feel is anyones buisness but my own, then that is my choice. I was proud of my results. And I posted them. Simple as that.

What was the motive behind posting the success story though? If you just wanted to get it out, and have it be known, keep it to your profile or a blog so then your friends would know and say. You did a great job. When you put it out there, with as little background information as you provided, you are promoting what you did to succeed as a method for all who read it. That includes those who are brand new, and have no idea how anything works, and come to the success story boards for motivation and ideas about how to drop some serious poundage.

There is a section called motivation and support. When most people post a success story , it because they are proud of what they have accomplished and want to share it with others.
  • VeggieKidMandy
    Options
    1200 calories and 90 min of exercise= hellova dangerous calorie deficit. Thats great you exercise but wow this is overall unhealthy.
    Please read my previous post. This is under supervision. I was by no means talking about my diet. I was talking about doing Zumba and Yoga. I was not promoting my diet.

I appreciate the note to your previous post, I did read it. However, by the mere mention of your diet, you are promoting it as part of your success along with the zumba. There is plenty of scientific evidence to back the danger of netting low calories. Please be careful, I wish you healthy, long term success.

this was not in my original post though...i didnt mention it until someone asked me about it. And I was being honest.
  • originalcookiemonster
    Options
    As a Registered Nurse who graduated in the top 10% of her class, I think you are doing fantastic. You will know when to up your calories and when to eat them back. Do not let *****es on this site ruin your motivation.

Just the top 10%? Awww.

SMDH...

As an RN myself, I would never want to go publicly promoting an unhealthy lifestyle. Thanks for publicly supporting all those with EDs. They all know when they should up their calories too I suppose?

attachment.php?attachmentid=10023&d=1372168672&thumb=1
  • stephrivas84
    stephrivas84 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congrats on such an amazing job! I have PCOS too and know that it is impossible to eat the same amount as others and lose weight. You just motivated me to go do my Zumba today so thank you!:)
  • TwinMom422
    TwinMom422 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    lol...

I meant the exercise. ;)

I don't have dietary restrictions, so I eat back most of my calories. I just like new ideas for exercise.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

I believe there is a whole special section called motivation and support.

There is a section called motivation and support. When most people post a success story , it because they are proud of what they have accomplished and want to share it with others.

I couldn't find your response in that.. Please make sure you put it outside of all the previous quotes.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options

But previous to being called out, you expected others to thoroughly inspect it for disclaimers.

My apologies for nitpicking. In my professional career, I'm to nitpick everything. Because if I didn't scrutinize every last detail, I could kill someone. That's right. People put their lives in my hands on a daily basis.

Maybe next time, when you offer advice, make sure to put disclaimers. There's at least a dozen people who've replied, expecting results from doing exactly what you did. And who knows how many people are just lurking.
  • VeggieKidMandy
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I couldn't find your response in that.. Please make sure you put it outside of all the previous quotes.
    [/quote]

In the community forum there is a section called motivation and support and another for Success stories. Was this successful for me and my situation. Yes. When most people post a success story , it because they are proud of what they have accomplished and want to share it with others .
  • VeggieKidMandy
    Options

But previous to being called out, you expected others to thoroughly inspect it for disclaimers.

My apologies for nitpicking. In my professional career, I'm to nitpick everything. Because if I didn't scrutinize every last detail, I could kill someone. That's right. People put their lives in my hands on a daily basis.

Maybe next time, when you offer advice, make sure to put disclaimers. There's at least a dozen people who've replied, expecting results from doing exactly what you did. And who knows how many people are just lurking.

no i didnt lol I was just saying I lost weight with zumba. how many others have lost weight doing it? tons , thats why its so freakin popular.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

In the community forum there is a section called motivation and support and another for Success stories. Was this successful for me and my situation. Yes. When most people post a success story , it because they are proud of what they have accomplished and want to share it with others .

Then do just that. A simple post stating. Here is where I was, and here is where I am now. Look at how much difference there was... {insert pics}...

People don't just glean their advice from one section of the forums. There are tons of people I have seen post that often say, "Stay out of this forum. That's where all the mean people are. If you want real advice, go to the Motivation and Support and the Success Stories Forums."

By posting beyond your accomplishments, you are promoting what you did to everyone whether or not that was your intent. Also, you are being contradictory. When you were first confronted about this posting, you said...
    Ok first of all Im not promoting a low calorie Diet. I am promoting doing zumba and yoga, which has proven results....
    Now you are asserting you just wanted to show everyone that you were successful and not promote what you did. It seems like you are just arguing and shifting what you said to save face now.

Edited to fix quotes.
  • VeggieKidMandy
    Options

Then do just that. A simple post stating. Here is where I was, and here is where I am now. Look at how much difference there was... {insert pics}...

People don't just glean their advice from one section of the forums. There are tons of people I have seen post that often say, "Stay out of this forum. That's where all the mean people are. If you want real advice, go to the Motivation and Support and the Success Stories Forums."

By posting beyond your accomplishments, you are promoting what you did to everyone whether or not that was your intent. Also, you are being contradictory. When you were first confronted about this posting, you said...
    Ok first of all Im not promoting a low calorie Diet. I am promoting doing zumba and yoga, which has proven results....
    Now you are asserting you just wanted to show everyone that you were successful and not promote what you did. It seems like you are just arguing and shifting what you said to save face now.

Edited to fix quotes.

im not doing it to save face. Im being put under fire and being picked apart .Anyone who feels they are genuinely being attacked would do the same thing. I didnt say anything that I didnt mean.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options

no i didnt lol I was just saying I lost weight with zumba. how many others have lost weight doing it? tons , thats why its so freakin popular.
    But how many of them netted as few calories as you? THAT is the point everyone has been trying to get across but you appear too dense to listen to reason. Doctors are human and they make mistakes, whether it be of their own admission because of the patients. I worked in the medical field long enough to see mistake time and time again.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS, OP on your success. I think you look great and have had amazing results.

(sidenote: WOW, I can't believe the level of rudeness of some people! It seems like the attacks on here keep getting worse and worse.)
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!