What size is too big for a bikini?

Options

Replies

• Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    If your body swallows the bikini- it is too tight or you need a bigger size.

No one is "too big" but........and I mean BUT......when in doubt- don't go out.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    One of my friends told me -"If you ever feel bad about your body go to the beach - somebody there will be worse off than you" ... I actually go to the beach with my husband and I am wearing the head to toe coverup to avoid too much sun exposure. I am very fair skinned with green/blue eyes. I am sure people make fun of me and I don't care. I am not ever getting sunburned again.

Seriously, depending on which beach, there will be women sunning topless and you just have to get over it and get comfortable in your own skin! Wear a bikini if you want to. It really isn't a fashion show at the beach. Its about enjoying the beach. Trust me, I enjoy sitting under the umbrella reading books on my iPad just as much as the Grandmother surfing the waves in her bikini.

BTW, the more exposed skin you have, the more sun block you need, just a public service announcement.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    If you are comfortable wear it and don't give a crap what anyone else thinks

I live by the beach, there are no rules lol!!!
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I'm 7 months shy of 60 and I haven't looked this good since I was in my 20s. At 5'2" and 122 pounds I rocked my new Italian bikini on the Amalfi Coast this summer (and recently at the Jersey Shore).
    If you don't want to wear a bikini after age 35 be my guest but as for me, I'll wear one as long as it pleases me and my gorgeous hubby!
  • bmoroccan
    Options
    It really depends on the muscle tone. But unfortunately some people are very unrealistic too. ????
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    As long as the persons comfortable, I don't see a problem.

If they're not something I wanna be looking at, I won't.

+1

I envy anybody that has the balls to wear a two piece. As long as theirs aren't hanging out of it... :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options

+1

I envy anybody that has the balls to wear a two piece. As long as theirs aren't hanging out of it... :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

Hahahahahahahahaha

Also +1 to the sentiment
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Depends on muscle tone. If u have a toned tummy thighs and other areas. Any size.
  • asarwe
    asarwe Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Seriously: Find a bikini that fits! The only one-pieces I feel comfortable in are the sporty type I wear when swimming. To the beach I will wear a two piece, even though I have a belly. I'm just built in a way that is not very compatible with fashionable one-pieces, they dig in where I am the squishiest and are cut terribly for my shape. Two-pieces fit me so much better. Just find one that is not just a tiny bit of fabric and go for it!

Then again, I'm from Europe, so... But as long as the bikini is of the same proportions as you are, rock it! Or whatever else you are comfortable in. I would however not advice anyone, of any size, to wear a bikini unless a) sunbathing b) on the beach c) by the swimming pool.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I'm 7 months shy of 60 and I haven't looked this good since I was in my 20s. At 5'2" and 122 pounds I rocked my new Italian bikini on the Amalfi Coast this summer (and recently at the Jersey Shore).
    If you don't want to wear a bikini after age 35 be my guest but as for me, I'll wear one as long as it pleases me and my gorgeous hubby!
    [/quote

U tell them girlie!!
  • melindafritz1976
    melindafritz1976 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    it doesn't mater if you are comfortabl e in it then wear it
  • Gsdmom2
    Gsdmom2 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Helen Mirren is in her 60's and she wears one. She's in great shape!
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Wow, some people are so shallow. What does it matter how a person looks in your eyes in a bikini?????

I think people need to take a step back....I can remember feeling bigger and wearing a tank with my bikini and not taking it off because I was self conscious. You know how much that sucked? Tanning with something sticking to your stomach sucks. Swimming with a bunch of access crap on sucks!!! If I had it my way I would swim nude, tan nude. To be legal I wear a bikini and honestly I really don't want anyone to see all of me. ;)

If someone is 600 pounds and has a bikini that covers her butt, vagina and her breasts (some skinny girls don't even have that going for them) and they feel confident, then more power to them!!!! I wish I could have that confidence. You go girl!!!!
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    [/quote

U tell them girlie!!
    Thanks, girlfriend!!!
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Personally I stop wearing one when above a US size 10.

I don't mind what other people do. I just hope people get a suit that actually fits them is all.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options

Great answer.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I sometimes wish people would consider what age they should stop wearing bikinis, rather what size.
    +1
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Just do whatever you want.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    When the bikini says small and one is large in size.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • therunninghippie
    therunninghippie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    There are no bikini police. All sizes (: