What size is too big for a bikini?

Options

Replies

• goodnamegone
    Options
    No size, if you want to wear one then wear one. I agree with what someone else posted, it depends on the wearer's confidence.
  • JudieJudes
    JudieJudes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Answer is simples.com = If the person is happy, confident & comfortable, no size is too big.

Diddlysquat to do with anyone else :happy:
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    What ever you feel comfortable with. I personally wouldn't rock a bikini because no one wants to see my flabby baby belly but hey, if you got the confidence. Knock yourself out :bigsmile:
  • WaterAllsDay
    Options
    Never if you can rock it
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I'm a size between an 11/13, and I wear one, but I live in Florida on the beach, have my WHOLE life and I've seen waaaaay worse, and waaay better! lol I want to look better in mine so I haven't been to the beach much lately, mostly in the water trying to swim and get a great work out or walking on the beach when I get off in the morning.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Whatever you feel comfortable in. I was recently at the beach and people didn't care. Go have fun.
  • Faery_Dust
    Faery_Dust Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to wear a bikini for the first time EVER in November. I'm still over 200lbs at the moment but I have promised myself I will wear one if I can shift 30lbs by then. Plus it helps we are in a villa with our own pool so only me, hubby and kids there lol.

But I saw whatever you feel comfortable with. Bikini's shouldn't just be for thin people.
  • JudieJudes
    JudieJudes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Answer is simples.com = If the person is happy, confident & comfortable, no size is too big.

Diddlysquat to do with anyone else :happy:

http://dakd0cjsv8wfa.cloudfront.net/images/photos/89/293/31089293_7907_thumb.jpg

I have never posted a pic on MFP before ... fingers crossed it works
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    it aint what you wear

its how you wear it
  • princesstoadstool82
    princesstoadstool82 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    bikini-body.jpg

LOVE THIS
  • baltic1
    baltic1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wearing a bikini, swimsuit, shorts, trousers, nothing at all on the beach is a matter of personal taste. Considerations of age, muscle tone, size, disability, colour are irrelevant. Although, protecting ones skin from the harmful effects of the sun is sensible. So either use a protective sunscreen or clothing. On my local beach it is absolutely normal for people of any age and description to bath, sunbath, etc without any clothes and no-one cares what the person looks like or what they´re wearing or often not wearing. It is a beach after all, a place for leisure, for people to relax with their families rather than a place of work, religious worship etc. A body is a body and everyone on the planet is both perfect and imperfect. We live in the 21st century. So the simple answer is: "no size is too big for a bikini.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    it aint what you wear

its how you wear it
    Truth.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    In your opinion.... Guys and girls please answer.

There is none, as long as the person feels comfortable... I would personally say age...

No one over 35... LOL Then again that is just me... xx

Well I am 52 and still wear one and will do as long as I feel comfortable.

:drinker:
  • T0FatToB3S1ck
    T0FatToB3S1ck Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    If your stomach isn't completely flat you shouldn't wear a bikini. Any size above a 7 should stick to a one piece.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    If your stomach isn't completely flat you shouldn't wear a bikini. Any size about a 7 should stick to a one piece.
    You do that.
  • Wildflower0106
    Wildflower0106 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    If your stomach isn't completely flat you shouldn't wear a bikini. Any size above a 7 should stick to a one piece.

I had a flat stomach when I was a size 10 and I have a flat stomach now at a size 6. I have and will continue to wear a two piece. I really feel sorry for those who put such blanket stipulations on what other people should wear.

It doesn't matter what you look like to other people, what matters is how you feel about yourself. If you are comfortable with what you are wearing. If other people are not comfortable in their own skin, don't let them dictate what you put on your own body.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
  • emilycarr71404
    emilycarr71404 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    A 10. I don't how sexy you feel, but if you hit the double digits in size, I don't want to see your mostly naked body. And I'm a size 18 btw so I'm not hating on phat girls. At least put a tankini on that body.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    You know, I was just thinking, how strange that some people consider themselves above others and tell them what they should and shouldn't wear.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Hannah_Hopes
    Hannah_Hopes Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Personally I'm not comfortable in doing so but my friends a 14/16 (same as me) and she loves her body so its each to their own if your comfortable wear it if not don't simple as that :)