What size is too big for a bikini?

Options

Replies

• betsyasmith
    Options
    Its all about confidence, if you like it, do it for yourself. It doesn't matter what age or size either. Why should anyone care.:smile:
  • DoreenCooper63
    DoreenCooper63 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    well maybe not a bikini but a generously cut two-piece size 18 on vacay where DH was the only person who knew me for 1000 miles in any direction. Sauntered down to the pool to sun my tummy. All the other ladies of a certain age were in skirted wonder-suits. Next day, all the wonder-suits had been swapped for two-pieces and there were almost a dozen ladies of a certain age sunning our tummies. It was great. Sometimes you have to make yourself happy and say eff it.
  • Wildflower0106
    Wildflower0106 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    A 10. I don't how sexy you feel, but if you hit the double digits in size, I don't want to see your mostly naked body. And I'm a size 18 btw so I'm not hating on phat girls. At least put a tankini on that body.

That is great because no one cares that you don't want to see their bodies. I would say use a little common sense and DON'T LOOK AT THEM.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    I was wearing American Size 10s/12s in this picture. I think I looked darn good in the bikini :-)

248559_588940496831_5613007_n.jpg
    Hell yeah you do! Rock that bikini, girl! :drinker:
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    As long as the persons comfortable, I don't see a problem.

If they're not something I wanna be looking at, I won't.

^^ This

I think you should wear one if you want too. If you don't then don't.

People who don't agree can just choose not to look at you.
  • NadirToZenith
    NadirToZenith Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's a size! If you feel comfortable in a bikini then wear one. If you're relying on the opinions of others about your body or your comfort level then you'll simply never be good enough! Look at what people said about poor Kate Upton on the cover of Sports Illustrated!!!

Your body belongs to you. Your soul belongs to you. And MOST IMPORTANTLY your happiness belongs to you. Don't hand any of those to anyone else.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    If you have to question it, then don't wear one.
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I give 0 effs about what anyone else thinks. If I feel good in it I'm going to wear it. I go for bikini cause it's so much easier to go pee! I also have had 2 kids and am the proud owner of 1000+ stretch marks. Wanna fight about it? LOL
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    As long as the persons comfortable, I don't see a problem.

If they're not something I wanna be looking at, I won't.
    fantastic answer! To each our own!
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    You're too big to wear one as soon as you feel uncomfortable being seen in one. I'm a size 10 and don't like to wear them. I have a friend who's more than a size 20 and she absolutely rocks hers.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I was wearing American Size 10s/12s in this picture. I think I looked darn good in the bikini :-)

Hawtness!
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options

Hell yea you do!
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    The only thing that stops me wearing one right now (US size 12 and not yet entirely toned, but well-proportioned), assuming I was anywhere near a beach, is the fact that I'm a pale blonde with nary an olive tone in my skin. The potential for sunburn in a suit that covers more skin is bad enough without adding the majority of my torso into the mix!

As long as the bikini fits properly, if you feel comfortable in one, go for it. What anyone else thinks about it is no-one's business but theirs.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options

You are gorgeous!
  • matthew_b
    matthew_b Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I recently saw a gal at the pool that pulled off a bikini and was probably a US size 16. She had great genetics to hide the fat. She had very wide hips, so even at her size she had thigh gap. She didn't have cellulite, she carried all the fat deep instead of under the skin.
  • new_beth_2013
    new_beth_2013 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    If you think you look good and you're comfortable in it, then go ahead!
  • TINAHUNTER1969
    TINAHUNTER1969 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Good for you! :smile:
  • nikkianhk11
    nikkianhk11 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I agree. Taller women may be a larger size but have a complete toned hour glass shape. there are so many bikinis out there (high waist, string, etc) that a size 6 may look bad in a string bikini but look great in a regular bikini or high waist. As long as the fit is not too small or to big and your body is toned..(NO JIGGLES) then you can definitely do it. CONFIDENCE is everything...but don't be silly
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    8? 10?

sorry if i'm just totally offending some people right now.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Tagging to read responses later.

I'm not that comfortable with myself so I still primarily wear a one piece at a size 4.