You know you're on MyFitnessPal for too long when...

Options

Replies

• sd_dilligaf
    sd_dilligaf Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    ...you got fired.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    When you kik and/or snapchat more than you text....
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    When your friends congratulate you on logging for 5 days in a row. Again. For the millionth time.
  • pinkledoodledoo
    pinkledoodledoo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    - when you've searched the web for calorie burn estimates after not finding amorous activities in the MFP database

- when you've gotten into a fight with your SO for throwing away the box/wrapper/half the nutrition label from a food package

- when you've started putting conditions on the types of friend requests you'll accept
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    when your 4 year old does hip hop abs or zumba with you, knows the titles, and asks you when you are going to log it and do i log everything.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    ... you've worn a heart rate monitor to shovel snow or mow the lawn
    ... you've Googled "how to cut a pizza in sixes"
    ... you've checked the exercise database to see if you can add your amorous activities
    ... you've considered wearing a heart rate monitor during said activities
    ... you've taken apart a sandwich so you can weigh the components separately

It's been over two and a half years, and I haven't done any of those. :drinker:
  • charlenequinn94
    Options
    Thankfully, when I go visit my friend Renee in October I will be able to keep my streak going.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    When you are out at a restaurant and logging your food
    When you drive husband nuts by logging your food while you are eating
    The first app you click on is MFP
  • T_X_L
    T_X_L Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    When you use "IIFYM" more than "LOL".
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    When you recognize names and pics of other posters even if they are not on your friends list! :drinker:

I was just thinking this...
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    When you sort of know what the final figure will be when you put your foods in even before its been completed, when every food and beverage is mentally assessed for calorific intake before it is accepted, and when your family are sick of hearing about it!

Well, ya, what's wrong with all that?
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I've never done any of the original, and I've been here 3 years, however for me:

-- When you come on here more than facebook / it's the first website you go on.

-- When you need a new phone, and your main considerations are ones that will have the app, so that you won't again lose your 500+ log in, because you went away for the weekend and missed one day!

-- When your partner makes you a cake / pudding / meal and without even thinking about it, weighs everything, and notes down ingredients/quantities for you.

-- When you want several opinions on something / you have a question, and it's not even fitness related, but your MFP feed is your first stop, because your friends on here are awesome, and it's so much better than any other social network!
    When you recognize names and pics of other posters even if they are not on your friends list!

and this!
  • crazorbaq
    crazorbaq Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    when the site is "DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE" and that has a temporary hold on your day :{ :sad: :explode:

Oh I HATE THAT!!
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    When you get SO MAD that your significant other took a bite of your pre-measured and weighed food!

This too! (but not really mad.. more like play mad) I usually give him the evil eye and he sticks his tongue out at me...
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    When you recognize names and pics of other posters even if they are not on your friends list! :drinker:

And this... and then you wonder how you get on their friends list... cuz they are all so cool and you want to be cool too!! :)
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    When you can accurately predict the contents of a thread just by reading the (same old, tired, repetitive) thread title.

"WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?!!?" -Poster probably hasn't lost weight for 3.5 days and is freaking out. If it's an actual weight loss stall, most likely is either overeating and/or underexercising - but will be shocked and offended if you happen to mention this. They will probably report you and you will get banned for trying to be helpful.

"ALWAYS SO HUNGRY" -Poster is eating 400-800 calories a day or some other ludicrous amount and/or isn't eating exercise calories back and/or has set some insane goal.

"HOW DOES MY ROUTINE LOOK" -Poster has concocted a random workout routine that is comprised of bicep curls with milk jugs, crunches, bikram yoga and zumba. And invariably calls it strength training.

"CAN'T EAT XXXX CALORIES" -Poster got 150lbs overweight but then suddenly can't figure out how to eat 1200 calories a day. I assume most of these posts are humblebragging about their dedication and/or (even worse) are pro-ana people.

"IS EATING 0-1000 CALORIES A DAY OKAY??!?" -Poster knows it's not okay or they wouldn't be asking. Yet they are guaranteed to be defensive and often offended when everyone answers their plain question in a truthful manner.

"I FEEL LIKE GIVING UP" -Poster is a thinly veiled attention *kitten*. If you were going to give up, you'd just give up. If you were going to keep kicking *kitten*, you'd keep on kicking *kitten*. If you make a thread like this, you are simply throwing a pity party for yourself. Oh, woe is me.

"HELP, GAINED <small amount of weight> FROM BINGE" -Poster invariably ate a bunch of carbs and/or salty food and thinks they have magically gained 5lbs of fat overnight. Responses will generally prod the user to weigh in less often, despite the fact that weighing every day would accustom the average person to the daily weight fluctuations that effect everyone.

"HOW MUCH DOES IT LOOK LIKE I WEIGH" -Poster is a teenage attention *kitten*.

"EVERYBODY HERE IS SO MEAN" -Poster has been on the internet for two whole weeks and is highly offended by all of the helpful posters that will correct people spouting myths and misinformation. Poster just wants support for their 400 calorie a day intake while performing the master cleanse and the military diet reboot. If poster were to venture outside of MFP to any other part of the internet, they would probably die from shock.

"BITE/SUCK/LICK/MARRY/BANG/FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS OR MURDER" -Poster is a complete idiot and should be removed from the gene pool immediately.

You can also accurately predict details about the poster by the contents of their posts. You can discern gender, age, level of experience, intelligence, everything. Just simply looking at someone's join date, number of posts and avatar you already know 90% of what you need to know about them. Hell, you can smell a beachbody "coach" or a Visalus or Herbalife or whatever salesperson, from a mile away.

I think I love you.
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    When you look up a restaurant's menu beforehand and log in what you're going to eat before you even get there.

Or you order something at the resaurant based on how easy it is to figure out the calorie count on it....

YES!!!!! lol
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Also when you can not go out to eat until you check the MFP database to see what you should order.
    When you log your dinner in the morning so that you know how many calories you can eat during the day.

I do this too!
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Totally guilty of pulling the wrapper out of the trash and also quietly raging - just a little - in my head when my kids want to share my pre-logged food.
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    ... when you've carefully fussed with a bag of food for five minutes just so you can get the barcode to scan.

LOL...YES!!