The Original Power 90 Check In?

Options

Replies

• Mepheston
    Mepheston Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    After a month of nothing but cardio I decided to give Power 90 a try and finished day 1 today. I was actually pretty impressed with the workout I got using just the resistance bands I bought so I'm looking forward to this program and seeing some results at the end. :-)
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Great Mepheston, welcome to this site. I love power 90!!! I think you will be impressed and satified with the results !! Good luck!
  • rickpearce
    rickpearce Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    nelsaphine - good for you for starting the program. Just take it a day at a time and you will do great.
  • rrebern
    rrebern Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm also just starting Power 90. I started on Monday, so, hopefully we can help each other through it? I found it challenging during the Cardio phase when doing some of the floor contortions and not having a good view of the TV at the same time. I'm guessing we'll have the routines memorized in no time.
  • lobster888
    Options
    dojo123,

Welcome to this thread and good luck!!! Hope you like the power 90 as much as I did/do!!!!
  • nelsaphine
    nelsaphine Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Thank you!...Day number 3 today & I'm excited to be working out...I need to keep up the good attitude so I don't stop!! I love knowing that I will suffer through the workout but I will get to record how many calories I burned :)
  • nelsaphine
    Options
    I know what you mean...I also was having a hard time during cardio to see what was next. I'm due for it again tomorrow so we'll see how much I remember :) Just keep doing it!!
  • blueeyeddragon2115
    Options
    I cannot believe i found this thread. I am so happy, I bought Power 90 afraid that although i can do the fit test for P90x, i didn't feel in shape enough and up to the challege. So i was hoping to find a lighter program for just starting out. I bought Power 90 and i start my first session today. Wish me luck.
  • lobster888
    Options
    Welcome to the sight blueeyeddragon,

I felt the same way - a little intimidated by p90x - so I did the power 90 and the master series.I am on my second round - but kinda making up my own program. I am switching it in with my local bootcamp. Just did the cardio interval this morning!!! I think you will really like it and be happy with the results.

Have a happy healthy day!
  • rrebern
    rrebern Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Day three complete. Feeling just a little sore, but not as bad as when I tried P90x. I did the same thing, p90x seemed a little too advanced for me, but I'm hoping to 'graduate' to it some day after P90 and the master series.
  • nelsaphine
    Options
    Welcome blueeyeddragon and congrats on starting the P90. We're all here to support each other...lobster888 has been great help for me so don't hesitate to leave a note ok. Think healthy skinny :)
  • nelsaphine
    Options
    Good for you dojo123! we're pretty close I just completed Day 4...this cardio has definately been harder for me but I will not give up!!
  • lobster888
    Options
    Way to go Nelsaphine!!! I am so proud of you. Yeah the cardio is a little hard. Just when it starts to get easier, its time to move up to 3/4 Haha!! Yes just when you think you got it down - Tony challeges you again!!!

Have a happy healthy day!!!
  • Mepheston
    Options
    Finished Day 2 today and wow was it a workout, the cardio is no joke and you kind of laugh the first time you see a 6:00 timer on the ab workout, but you're not laughing by the end, no...not at all... :-)
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    **butting in to the party**

Hi everyone! I'm starting Power 90 on October 1st. Like so many of you, I was a little skeered of P90X :blushing: ... I'm jazzed to start Power 90 though! :bigsmile:
  • lobster888
    Options
    I am so excited with all the newbies!!! This is great!!!! The Power 90 Club!!!!
  • Mepheston
    Options
    What I really like about Power 90 is their relastic approach to working out. Tony knows not everyone is a superstar athlete and encourages you to hit Pause and take a small break as long as you keep moving. I also like that he tells you that you need to go at your own pace and not try to keep up with them if you can't.
  • nelsaphine
    Options
    No, no laugh at all Mepheston...I couldn't do all of the ab exercises yet, hopefully next time.
  • yrluck
    Options
    My husband and I started Power 90 together last Tuesday, Sept 7th. We both LOVE it!! After only 9 days, I'm already noticing a difference in the way my clothes fit. Love it love it love it!!!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    My husband and I started Power 90 together last Tuesday, Sept 7th. We both LOVE it!! After only 9 days, I'm already noticing a difference in the way my clothes fit. Love it love it love it!!!

Me, too, Yvonne! I thought it was just my imagination that I'm starting to feel and see muscles in my legs. They weren't there 10 days ago!

I'm on day 10, maybe 11, can't remember, calendar is at home. I took one true "rest" day, and today will have to be a rest day since I have school open house tonight. I love the flexibility of this program. If I need to miss a day, I just pick right back up where I left off.

Another sign of progress for me is my 5 lb. weights are starting to feel a little easy. The next time I do Sculpt, I'm going to start using 8 lb. weights for some of the moves. I'm sure I won't be able to do them all at 8 lb., but baby steps, right?

So glad to see others starting out like me! We can support each other as we work toward 90 days!!