What's your weight loss rate?

Options

Replies

• cdcooper321
    cdcooper321 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    47lbs in 255 days. Or .184lbs a day
    I go by months 47lbs in 8 months about 6lbs a month.
  • pinme13
    pinme13 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    79 days loss 14lbs lost = 0.177 per day x 7 days= 1.24 lbs per week
  • Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    The first 6 months, I lost at the rate of about 1 pound per week. For the last 7 months it has been super-slow. I have lost 10 pounds in 7 months!

I calculated how many days I have been at it (little over 400) and how much I have lost (40 pounds) and that works out to 01 pound per day.

I am OK with the slow loss, though. I am within 10 pounds of my original goal (even though now I want to lose an additional 10) and feel great. SInce I am losing weight slowly, I don't feel deprived at all.
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I lost 17 pounds in 29 days so thats 0.586 per day or 4.25 per week. Iv been working out ALOT and eating healthy. I know I won't get anywhere near these results this next month, but Im going to continue to workout just as hard and continue to eat good.
  • c_ansari
    c_ansari Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    151.9lbs in 259 days
    0.586/day
    4.1/week
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Since I started MFP in March:

145 days
    Avg daily loss: about 0.28lbs
    Avg weekly loss: about 1.94lbs
    40.8lbs lost since March 13, 2013
  • M00NPYE
    M00NPYE Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    18 lbs in 6 months... :grumble:
  • lavi73
    lavi73 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    WOW! That's fantastic!
  • clm888
    clm888 Posts: 6
    Options
    37lb in 130 days = 0.28lb per day or 2lb a week on average.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    32 pounds in 584 days, or .055 lbs/day.

Despite maintaining a deficit of ~750 calories/day for approximately 530 of those 584 days (yes, took a couple of breaks).

No, I don't know what the eff I'm doing wrong (I've tried EEEEEVVVEERRRRYYYTHIIIING), but whatever it is, don't be like me.

Only 60 lbs to go! Goal, I'll see ya sometime in 2017!

:grumble:
    Congratulations on sticking with it! Losing 16 lbs per year is a LOT better than stagnating or gaining weight.

Have you considered that your settings for your activity level (not including exercise) might be too high? For instance, if you have a desk job, but are in the category for salesman or teacher, your daily goal for caloric intake will be a few hundred calories too high. The same goes for exercise categories/descriptions.

Thanks for the suggestion. I use a Fitbit (and have since May of 2012), which provides me with my TDEE every day based on how active I am during the day. They're typically very accurate, but they do use the standard BMR formulas to base calorie burns on, so the possibility absolutely exists that, despite no known medical issues, an RMR that tested at above average for my stats, and no extreme dieting in my past, my body in truth metabolizes calories at a rate comparable to a typical individual who weighs approximately 70% of what I weigh (yes, I've done the math on that)...still working on a way to account for that in my intake.

Seriously, thank you. I've encountered limitless frustration and tried it all. As of now, I'm just keeping my calories pretty low and keeping on keeping on. Like you said, losing a little is better than losing nothing at all!

And congrats to everyone else!
  • BoxerLover96
    BoxerLover96 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone!

In 51 days I've lost about 14 lbs or 0.28 lb per day or 1.92 lb per week. Slow...but it's still progress!!
  • Girlrose
    Girlrose Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I usually lose about 0.75 pound/week. It's a slow but steady decline that I am 100% happy with. As long as I'm not gaining, I'm happy with my progress. :D
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    About 1.5 per week. Note, I only had 20lbs to lose and I'm over halfway there, so I'm not trying anything drastic.
  • desire2burn27
    desire2burn27 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    BarbieAs I would look at your workouts and ask what you are doing exactly and either continue what you are doing but intensify it as much as possible. Or change up your exercise routine completely because your body is used to whatever you are doing now and it has plateaued. Also, if you aren't eating enough, that could be another reason you aren't losing as much or as quickly because you have slowed down your metabolism by not eating enough. It could be in starvation mode so it's keeping all the calories you take in because it's not sure if it will get enough food next time you eat. Just a suggestion, maybe you have tried that already but if not, hope it helps!!
  • trackmyday1973
    trackmyday1973 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    9 lbs in 10 days....
  • sengalissa
    sengalissa Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    0.22lbs per day. 22lbs in 100 days or 1.5lbs a week. I took about 2-3 weeks off during that time.
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I've been losing 4-6 pounds a month. I expect this to decrease as I get closer to goal and run a smaller deficit.
  • JessiGoodwin
    Options
    20 pounds lost in my first 31 days! (I haven't weighed myself since, so I'm not sure what I've lost in the last 7 days).
    = .645 per day

I've been eating almost exclusively raw and loving it. :heart:
  • markink81
    markink81 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Lost 53.5 LBS in 149 Days or 2.78 LBS per week.
  • fitNhealthyat55
    fitNhealthyat55 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've lost 12.7 pounds in 28 days, or .45 pounds per day. Of course it isn't coming off as fast as it did in the first week when I lost 8.7 pounds.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!