Women and jealousy

Options

Replies

• bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    really can't be arsed to read all the responses but here are my 2 cents, i dont get jealous, the only person i am in competion with is myself. I know i will never be 18 again (and i am actually thankful for that). I am not in some contest to have the best body compared to other females, I just want the best body i can have, stretch marks and all :)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I love how every one says SOME women get jealous....... implying that they are not jealous

Everyone gets jealous it is all in how you deal with it
    I do not get jealous. I just don't.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I love how every one says SOME women get jealous....... implying that they are not jealous

Everyone gets jealous it is all in how you deal with it
    I do not get jealous. I just don't.
    I am jealous of this!
    j/k
  • Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    From my few years on earth and even shorter time on this forum, it's apparent that women can be jealous beings. So my question is, do women have some sort of hormone that spikes jealousy levels? Not saying men don't get jealous too, but as a man I've never looked at someone much more attractive or more built than me and actually envied him. I may aspire to be better, but I can't grasp the concept beyond that.

So, do you ladies have this hormone, and what is it called?

If you can't grasp that concept and this isn't an attention thread. then.. Lol, just lol..
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I am jealous of left over calories in other people's diaries all. the. time.
  • tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    if thats the case, women just hate on each other, they have to be the most prettiest, most best dressed in the room. They just have to. and if another girl is prettier than her, most likey she wants her to die in an aweful subway accident.

Seriously? You think EVERY woman is like this? Maybe you just need to meet a different sort of woman. Women have different personalities and traits just like men. Don't lump us all into one negative stereotype please.
  • ReadynWillin
    Options
    why would making sweeping, negative generalisations about people based on gender be morally better than making sweeping, negative generalisations about people based on colour?

you dismissing what I see as justified offence to an insult aimed directly at me, as a woman, as silly is also pretty insulting.

Ah well my sincerest apologies for offending you with my brash statements and sweeping generalizations. Please feel free to further play the victim card and take the slightest statement as an insult, it's quite attractive and compelling ;)

hey now, play nice

Why can't we all just get along?? :sad:

not srs.

I believe you and I are getting along just fine :laugh: Let's not worry ourselves with insignificant details

I do believe we've seen evidence that proves men are *generally* no less catty than the women, however cleverly worded the statement. ;)
  • ReadynWillin
    Options
    Some A is B =/= All A is B. If some women being jealous and catty means that all women are, then the same logical proposition applies to men. Some men are jealous and catty, therefore all men are jealous and catty. (Some C is B therefore all C is B) Or I could be wrong and all C that are B are also A. Which means that all jealous men are actually women.

I'm jealous of everyone who is stronger, or faster than I am (which is damn near everyone). That must explain my giant man breasts, though before today I would have credited them fully to a lifetime cake obsession.

Fun post though. 7/10

tumblr_mi1me64v9d1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

And logic bomb. d^^b I think I love you <3
  • lorettasnewbeginning
    Options
    Ironically, I was in the middle of texting a relative about the jealousy I saw displayed this evening between my two daughters when I glanced at my computer and saw this topic. They are 18 and 20, both attractive, accomplished and generally well adjusted young ladies, but get them in the same room and that green eyed monster is there too! I think more than anything, it's just a part of the human condition.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    It's a bummer seeing the women trashing other women in this thread-"Women hate women," "That's why I don't keep female friends," "Women are crazy," "Some women are but I'm not." Why not judge a person by actions unrelated to gender? A man can cheat without being an example of all men. A woman can be jealous without being an example of most women. A mother and a grandmother can dislike each other without generalizing to all women.

There are so many women in my life that matter deeply to me. Each of them has something "over" me: intelligence, attractiveness, money, poise, whatever. Of course I'd like to have some of those qualities, but I can want something for myself without begrudging someone else. So with all those people I love, I get angry to think that if I happen to not like another woman, there's somehow an assumption that it's because I'm jealous and hate other women. It's frustrating to hear women say they don't like their female employers because females are more jealous/insecure/catty/emotional. Can't you just not like your boss? When it's a male boss, that's usually what people say-"Can't stand my boss." Not, "Male bosses are so critical."
  • chimanlifts1
    Options
    It's a bummer seeing the women trashing other women in this thread-"Women hate women," "That's why I don't keep female friends," "Women are crazy," "Some women are but I'm not." Why not judge a person by actions unrelated to gender? A man can cheat without being an example of all men. A woman can be jealous without being an example of most women. A mother and a grandmother can dislike each other without generalizing to all women.

There are so many women in my life that matter deeply to me. Each of them has something "over" me: intelligence, attractiveness, money, poise, whatever. Of course I'd like to have some of those qualities, but I can want something for myself without begrudging someone else. So with all those people I love, I get angry to think that if I happen to not like another woman, there's somehow an assumption that it's because I'm jealous and hate other women. It's frustrating to hear women say they don't like their female employers because females are more jealous/insecure/catty/emotional. Can't you just not like your boss? When it's a male boss, that's usually what people say-"Can't stand my boss." Not, "Male bosses are so critical."

Bravo :drinker:

/thread
  • chimanlifts1
    Options
    why would making sweeping, negative generalisations about people based on gender be morally better than making sweeping, negative generalisations about people based on colour?

you dismissing what I see as justified offence to an insult aimed directly at me, as a woman, as silly is also pretty insulting.

Ah well my sincerest apologies for offending you with my brash statements and sweeping generalizations. Please feel free to further play the victim card and take the slightest statement as an insult, it's quite attractive and compelling ;)

hey now, play nice

not srs.

I believe you and I are getting along just fine :laugh: Let's not worry ourselves with insignificant details

I do believe we've seen evidence that proves men are *generally* no less catty than the women, however cleverly worded the statement. ;)

I do believe that OP is simply flirting there, I doubt the main purpose of that statement was to be overtly catty. He's directing his attention to an attractive girl, doesn't sound like a crime to me-it's just what some men do. (note I avoided saying all men, wouldn't want to be ripped apart for my generalizations, lulz)
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Meow
  • goodnamegone
    Options
    I am not jealous of what other women are wearing or how they look. I am sometimes jealous of a woman's amazing skills, like a great musician or incredible vocalist. Perhaps your post is more a reflection of you rather than women in general?

I suppose that was a jab at me being shallow and outwardly focused.

Not so, I simply drew on that because in my opinion the outer appearance is first and often the easiest thing to be envious of. After all, you immediately see someone's appearance and be envious (or perhaps not) as opposed to needing to actually get to know their talents or abilities.

Never said you were either of those things, just said it's a reflection of your perspective rather than a fact about women. It wasn't meant as a jab or attack. I don't get jealous about the way people look. I do wish I could play piano like Diana Krall or write songs as well as Adele or sing with the finesse of Beyonce. I apologize if my response came across as an attack on you it was not meant that way.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options

Bravo :drinker:

/thread
    Actually Brava it seems.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options

hey now, play nice

not srs.

I do believe that OP is simply flirting there, I doubt the main purpose of that statement was to be overtly catty. He's directing his attention to an attractive girl, doesn't sound like a crime to me-it's just what some men do. (note I avoided saying all men, wouldn't want to be ripped apart for my generalizations, lulz)
    bless your complete inability to read subtleties :flowerforyou:
  • chimanlifts1
    Options

hey now, play nice

not srs.

bless your complete inability to read subtleties :flowerforyou:

Whether he's being overtly catty towards you or not, pretty sure the main purpose was to flirt with the girl
  • italian_bella_xo
    Options
    I actually think a woman's ability to be a jealous bish is directly related to how poorly she's been treated over the years of her life. If she's young and has been treated well, she's barely ever jealous; if she's old and has been treated well she's even less jealous. If, however, she's young and has been treated poorly, she's learning to envy the lives of others and if she's old and has been treated poorly for years, she's bitter and angry and hurt... and very jealous.

So next time you wonder why someone is jealous, consider they could have been terribly hurt at one time.

<3 this.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Give it up ladies age and life will eventually take you out of the competition. Just focus on you and what you need to improve.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Oh and men very much so feel jealousy...generally it's over possessions