A poll to convince my a**hole boyfriend he's wrong

Options

Replies

• timberowl
    timberowl Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    My roommate in the Army lost 100 lbs in just under 4 months by going on the Atkins Diet and spending 4+ hours a day at the gym.

She gained it right back after we finished basic though--your metabolism slows WAYYYYYYY down and you have to continuously artificially increase it via exercise or you blow right back up.

Also she had horrid stretch marks she would not have had if she had lost the weight more gradually.

Additionally, get a new boyfriend, even if he is scientifically correct he is emotionally wrong..
  • ktzmom
    ktzmom Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You could lose a lot more than that in an instant. Dump the idiot boyfriend.

BAHAHA! Sorry, made me giggle.

I don't think that's at all healthy. It could probably be done. Maybe. They do it on the biggest loser, but it's with serious training and medical supervision. They also don't have to hold down a job or take care of a home while they are there.
  • runnermama81
    runnermama81 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    two words- loose skin

Oh yeah, and find a new boyfriend
  • MamaDuckN2MamaWow
    MamaDuckN2MamaWow Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Get a new boyfriend because obviously he doesn't care enough about you to have your well-being in mind.
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

My thought exactly
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe how hard most people in here are attacking the boyfriend.

I can, although I always wonder if it were reversed and a girlfriend were saying something ridiculous would the same advice apply?
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'm at a loss for words. I can't think of any way that you'd be able to accomplish that (healthy or unhelathy). But he obviously has no concern of the damage you could do to your body while in the midst of trying.
  • wjniii
    wjniii Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I think you can loose 200 lbs immediately. Dump your boyfriend. (100 lbs in four months...no.)
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Yes.
    Watch extream make over - Weight loss edition with Chris Powell.. He has clients that can do it with 90days.

but like everybody else, get a new bf..
  • adlace
    adlace Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    really it's about you. Do you want to try to lose 100 pounds in 4 months? It would be rough, it would hurt, probably a lot. What happens to YOU if you don't make it and fail at such a rough goal that probably isn't good for you? The boyfriend leaves? Do what you want to do. If he's ignorant of what it takes, then he will just have to educate himself. If he is placing conditions on you, take back your own sense of power and call his bluff. Your body, your way, no other options.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    If I dumped my man every-time he said some **** like that, we'd have broke up 1,000,001 times. :drinker:
  • larodriguez02
    larodriguez02 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You need a new boyfriend, no healthy way to do that.
  • abazooday727
    Options

TRUE THAT!! Lose alot of weight almost instantly! lol
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Is this a hypothetical question, like the big bag of rubber d*cks thing?
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    100 lbs in 4 months?? Thats CRAZY talk!!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Is this a hypothetical question, like the big bag of rubber d*cks thing?

:laugh:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe how hard most people in here are attacking the boyfriend.

I can, although I always wonder if it were reversed and a girlfriend were saying something ridiculous would the same advice apply?

Usually not. All he did was make an uneducated assumption while trying to motivate her to hit it hard. That is it, according to the OP. Didnt give her crap, didnt call her fat, didnt say he was unattracted to her.
  • namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    my "a**hole boyfriend"

If this is what you think of your boyfriend, you need to get a new boyfriend. By ditching him, you will probably lose will over 100 lbs and it won't take you 4 months either! Seriously, you need to get rid of your current boyfriend as it does not sound like a healthy relationship.
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    :noway: Maybe if there's a freak accident and the equipment,or a ceiling beam, falls and takes off both of your legs plus an arm?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    IDK why I kinda worry about the boyfriend reading this "poll" as "proof" and seeing he was called an A-hole by his own GF and then subsequently called a hyoooooooooooooge amount of names by strangers who only had one side of the story and could not discern HIS tone if it were kind and motivating and only based on watching inspirational stories on television.

I kind of want to bake him some cookies. With nuts and coconut. And chocolate chips. And a drizzle of white chocolate on top. And then sprinkled with more coconut. And then put back in the oven for 5 minutes to toast that coconut. And then served with a hyoooge glass of milk. And a laptop signed up to "match.com".