A poll to convince my a**hole boyfriend he's wrong

Options

Replies

• MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Math time??!

I'm doing this factoring in some weight loss from muscle, with muscle being 600 calories/lb

Say you start off at 225 and are 45% body fat. This means you have 101.25 lbs of bodyfat
    You end up at 125 and 20% body fat. This means you now have 25 lbs of bodyfat

Over your 100 lb loss, you have lost 76.25 lbs from fat and 23.75 from muscle, etc. We'll just say muscle for simplifying purposes.

This calorie equivalent would be 76.25*3500 + 23.75*600 = 281,125 extra calories burned

If there are 120 days in 4 months you would have to have a daily deficit of 281,125/120 or 2,343 calories.

Good luck with that.
    z

I love it when you talk dirty.
  • april1445
    april1445 Posts: 334
    Options
    he may be a boy, but he's not your friend.
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    To do that you would be putting your life at risk. If he is so concerned about YOUR weight, then you need to find a man who is supportive about you losing it in a healthy way. Do you really want to live on 200 calories a day for 4 months and THEN try to get up the energy to workout in a gym?? NO NO NO---find a new man
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Math time??!

I'm doing this factoring in some weight loss from muscle, with muscle being 600 calories/lb

Say you start off at 225 and are 45% body fat. This means you have 101.25 lbs of bodyfat
    You end up at 125 and 20% body fat. This means you now have 25 lbs of bodyfat

Over your 100 lb loss, you have lost 76.25 lbs from fat and 23.75 from muscle, etc. We'll just say muscle for simplifying purposes.

This calorie equivalent would be 76.25*3500 + 23.75*600 = 281,125 extra calories burned

If there are 120 days in 4 months you would have to have a daily deficit of 281,125/120 or 2,343 calories.

Good luck with that.
    z

I love it when you talk dirty.

aaaaww yeaaah :smokin:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe how hard most people in here are attacking the boyfriend.
  • treesloth
    treesloth Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Seems like he might only be convinced by researching the risks of rapid weight loss for himself.

To me, though, it comes down to this: Let's say that you decide to lose at the rate of 1.5 lbs per week on average. That means 100 pounds lost in about 67 weeks, as opposed to the roughly 18 that he's suggesting. For a lot of those 67 weeks, you'll be in "acceptable" shape (as though you need him to make you acceptable) but not "optimal", and for a smaller time you'll be indistinguishable from optimal despite losing the last little bit.

So, here's the question: Does he care enough about you and your health to "allow" you (as though you need his permission) that extra time, or is he so selfish that he'd rather risk your health and happiness? One means maybe you can make things work. The other means drop him like a burning bag of dog crap right now.
  • xoxo_Jennifer
    Options
    ...................amusing, but not even close. Thanks for your input, I suppose! :)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    that's easy
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    First off, this sounds like a pretty healthy relationship.

This. Between you calling him an a-hole and his assumption you can lose 100 pounds in 4 months. Just absurd. You guys need counseling.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    ...................amusing, but not even close. Thanks for your input, I suppose! :)

What are you talking about? Myself and many others gave you serious responses! Alrighty then
  • Amanda_Tate28
    Amanda_Tate28 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Is it physically possible for a woman to lose 100 pounds in 4 months??????????? I mean, of course there is the "you never know what can happen" and blah blah blah, but I'm speaking REALISTICALLY. He assures me that if I "go hard" in the gym everyday, that there is NO REASON why I shouldn't be able to do it. This is his way of "motivating" me. Pssssssssshhh.

Thoughts?
    Get a new boyfriend - one that does not utter such idiotic and unscientific crap.....

Is he out of his damn mind!
    He does not value your health at all!!! Sounds like a shallow and stupid guy!
    I say get out of the relationship and lose in a healthy way.
    Add me so you can get some positive motivation!
  • BurningAway
    Options
    Wow sounds like a real winner there. Maybe you should tell him to show you how its done since he seems to know its possible.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    That depends. How much does he weigh? You could lose *that* amount in about 5 minutes. LOL
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Oh, by the way, I feel like you are the issue in this relationship.

He could simply be uneducated. But instead of trying to teach him something, you call him an a**.
  • JenRunTriHappyGirl
    JenRunTriHappyGirl Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    you should ask him if he would like to have a gf that weighs 100 pounds less but has no hair and no energy in 4 months? Yes its possible, but VERY VERY unhealthy!!!!!!
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    You could lose a lot more than that in an instant. Dump the idiot boyfriend.

Hahaha. ^^^ This!
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    rhant thread is exactly that, so what if she called him an a-hole and so what if he thinks its possible...ITS THE INTERNET ppl refreakinglax
  • YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    8Aw7I.gif
  • xoxo_Jennifer
    Options
    STOP THIS RIGHT NOW !!!

WE CAN TALK ABOUT THIS WHEN I GET HOME !!!

NOT COOL !!!

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    YOU GO GIRL! DUMP HIM BECAUSE THE PEEPS OF THE INTERNET HAVE MADE AN INSTANT JUDGEMENT. Not serious.