A poll to convince my a**hole boyfriend he's wrong

Options

Replies

• mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    You could lose a lot more than that in an instant. Dump the idiot boyfriend.
    Came here to say this. That's at least a buck and a half lost in thirty seconds!
  • antonjanik
    Options
    Clearly, you are dating the biggest loser. You deserve better. Find it!
  • Event_Horizon975
    Event_Horizon975 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Oh you deserve better than this. Lose the weight & get healthy in a more realistic time frame that works for your body. Feel better about yourself & grow as a person during this process. Dump his ignorant *kitten*.
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    you could lose a whole lot of pounds in 10 seconds by getting rid of your guy.

anyone who tries to motivate you in that way does not have your best interests in mind...

get some good eating habits, exercise, and the weight will come off at a healthy rate.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I am guessing that if you dump the boyfriend, that would be the fastest 200 lbs you could lose. Go for it!
  • BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I've heard similar things from my bf from time to time. I have a lot to lose, and he often says 'six months tops you could be fit and sexy!'.

I remind him I have upwards of 100 pounds to lose, and at 1-2 pounds a week, well, that's at minimum a year, AND if I lost all my weight in six months, fit and sexy is not how I would look. Melted candle is more likely.

I ask him why he thinks this and how he thinks I can get so tiny so fast?

'People on the Biggest Loser can do it, I'm sure you can too!'

It's misinformation of the most painful kind, presented with often the best of intentions.
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Drop the bf, thats got to be at least 100lbs of stupid right there. Great head start, if you ask me.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Now I feel bad..... kind of

i am on the fence
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options

I vote for this one.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe how hard most people in here are attacking the boyfriend.

I can, although I always wonder if it were reversed and a girlfriend were saying something ridiculous would the same advice apply?

Usually not. All he did was make an uneducated assumption while trying to motivate her to hit it hard. That is it, according to the OP. Didnt give her crap, didnt call her fat, didnt say he was unattracted to her.

You don't know any of that. If a man posted that he was overweight and came on the boards and said "My girlfriend thinks I can lose 100 pounds in 4 months if I go hard" blah blah blah, it would have the same reaction. I would tell him to lose her. No one has time for negative people in their lives.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    There is a very big difference for someone to go from 450 to 350 pound in four month and another person to go from 325 to 225 pounds.
    I know someone who lost more than 100 pounds in six month after having a stomach bypass, but after that she still weighed almost 400 pounds and slowed down considerably.
    Now after two years she still weighs almost 300 pounds even though she is losing consistently......just very slowly, which is the best way possible.
  • scootinalong
    Options
    Find a new boyfriend.

Agreed
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a lovely relationship!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe how hard most people in here are attacking the boyfriend.

I can, although I always wonder if it were reversed and a girlfriend were saying something ridiculous would the same advice apply?

Usually not. All he did was make an uneducated assumption while trying to motivate her to hit it hard. That is it, according to the OP. Didnt give her crap, didnt call her fat, didnt say he was unattracted to her.

You don't know any of that. If a man posted that he was overweight and came on the boards and said "My girlfriend thinks I can lose 100 pounds in 4 months if I go hard" blah blah blah, it would have the same reaction. I would tell him to lose her. No one has time for negative people in their lives.

Please post the part of the OP where the bf said something negative. I think you read something that wasn't there.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    If you dump the jerk, yeah, you'll lose better than 100 lbs. Otherwise, no, I don't hink it's possible even with drastic surgery.
  • glynda66
    glynda66 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Maybe a new boyfriend would get rid of A LOT of dead weight?:wink:
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    The great thing is, about his statement, is that you can lose weight.

Sadly for him, he will always have a tiny grasp on the way you work, unless you educate him?

If you want to lose weight (and I am presuming you do being on MFP?) then you should do it for yourself with encouragement and support from those around you.

People show support in different ways, maybe your BF is doing it in a wrong way (for sure) but IMO you should tell him to offer you encouragement in a different way if what he says is offending you.

If you both have issues then you need to talk it through, otherwise move on.
  • Sparkie134
    Sparkie134 Posts: 65 Member
    Options

:laugh: Love it
  • cdcooper321
    cdcooper321 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Get a new boyfriend - one that does not utter such idiotic and unscientific crap.....

^^^^^ This