• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Uh oh?

c34b85386d662df756a5cdaca7ff5d8b.jpg
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    For the opposite of the scale. ... I'm 191lbs, 5'10, 45" hips, 27" thighs and I have thigh gap. It's just the way my body is structured. Granted it's a sliver of a gap now at my current size, but it's undeniable.

Really not cool to see comments on here against the way someone is naturally built and saying it's weird /unattractive, or comparing it to deformation like foot binding. I'm secure about it now and really don't even think about it anymore, but when I was younger I was very self consciOus about it. It's not something anyone who has it can help or do anything about.

Really, that kind of negativity is exactly like saying someone tall is weird or with a certain head shape or whatever. It's cool to have preference and to love what you're born as and working with, but there's no excuse really for being insensitive and making derogatory remarks against others for who they are.

Anyway! It is what it is. I know too well there are people who can accept and respect others and people who can't so nothing new to me.

As for the original question, as others have said, thigh gap is something you have or don't have. Mine gets more or less prominent with weight change, but it hasn't gone away. Someone not structured for it won't have one no matter how much they gain or lose. Just gotta learn to love what you're working with!
  • HotDolphinMama
    HotDolphinMama Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am laughing at myself - cause I never knew I was supposed to want the gap between your thighs! LOL I have wide hips & thunder thighs (since I was pubescent), so I never aspired to the gap. I just wanted to not start a forest fire from those suckers rubbing together! LOL
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Uh oh?

c34b85386d662df756a5cdaca7ff5d8b.jpg
    Uh photo shop much?
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    For the opposite of the scale. ... I'm 191lbs, 5'10, 45" hips, 27" thighs and I have thigh gap. It's just the way my body is structured. Granted it's a sliver of a gap now at my current size, but it's undeniable.

Really not cool to see comments on here against the way someone is naturally built and saying it's weird /unattractive, or comparing it to deformation like foot binding. I'm secure about it now and really don't even think about it anymore, but when I was younger I was very self consciOus about it. It's not something anyone who has it can help or do anything about.

Really, that kind of negativity is exactly like saying someone tall is weird or with a certain head shape or whatever. It's cool to have preference and to love what you're born as and working with, but there's no excuse really for being insensitive and making derogatory remarks against others for who they are.

Anyway! It is what it is. I know too well there are people who can accept and respect others and people who can't so nothing new to me.

As for the original question, as others have said, thigh gap is something you have or don't have. Mine gets more or less prominent with weight change, but it hasn't gone away. Someone not structured for it won't have one no matter how much they gain or lose. Just gotta learn to love what you're working with!

People don't understand that at all.

It most definitely has to do with how wide your hips are. I worked with a girl who had very wide hips. I don't even think her knees touched!

Mostly the people asking this question want to have skinny thighs that don't touch. The people who respond on the grossness of it are just being rude. It's all genetics. I don't have wide hips and no matter how thin my thighs are they will always touch.
  • RedfishGuy
    RedfishGuy Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    No one ACTUALLY cares about thigh gaps.

Au contraire. I care, I'm a thigh gap aficianado.
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    You're right and I really appreciate that. And now that you mention it, when I'm standing straight up my knees don't touch! Lol
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    it's sexy!

looking knock kneed is sexy? ok...whatevs.....

noooooo... genu valgum is not sexy.

14.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Q angle: angle subtended by a line drawn to the vertical bisection of femur and a line drawn from the lateral margin of pelvis to the sagittal plane of the knee joint (Figure 1); normally 15° in men (>15° in women due to wider female pelvis); excessive pronators show an increased Q angle
    http://img.tfd.com/elsevier/thumbs/f17-01-9780443103780.jpg
    Figure 1: Q angle. See text entry for description of Q angle.
    Illustrated Dictionary of Podiatry and Foot Science by Jean Mooney © 2009 Elsevier Limited. All rights reserved.

Basically the wider the Q the greater your risk of knee and hip injury. If you have wide hips, but a small Q angle - ie your femoral head is directly above your knee - you get a thigh gap. Q between 22 and 9 is normal for women, outside that can lead to knee and hip issues like arthritis, ligamentous strains, etc.

Huh. Interesting. :flowerforyou:
    Makes sense. I've had a thigh gap all my life and arthritis set in at 8yrs old :p
    I've also torn ligaments and am unusually flexible.

Same, but 16 for me.
  • sanfrangal
    sanfrangal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    http://www.thighgapwrap.com/

Wear it under your clothes and while working out to sweat
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Stay on a horse for 6 months?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    http://www.thighgapwrap.com/

Wear it under your clothes and while working out to sweat

Why is this even a thing? Seriously?
  • redsk
    redsk Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I would say the majority of thigh gap is courtesy of photoshop or nature. I don't get it either way unless you are worried about ventilation. :laugh:
  • TallGlassOfQuirky
    TallGlassOfQuirky Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    This thread is on page 6 so someone has probably already mentioned it, but put a man's face in between them. Creates the best gap ever.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Spirit fingers.
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I didn't even know this was a thing lol. I looked at some old photos when I was thin and apparently I have one and my grown daughter does too. Must be genetics.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I'm sure this subject is new to you, but it is old to everyone else! Not everyone gets it and if you do it just depends on your hips you can't change that!

~New Subject!