It Erks my nerves when...

Options

Replies

• BrookieTrout626
    BrookieTrout626 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I can't even give a legit answer because of my foul mood tonight lol Lets just say it would be along the lines of mama's boy and needy women!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    lol. And Lol. And LOL. And LoL. And LOl. And lOL. And lOl.

Especially when it's used as a punctuation device lol cos you don't know where to end sentences lol so it's just one lol sentence with some lols lol.

I've noticed my phone will sometimes capitalize Lol against my will, but yes i agree for the most part. :smile: lol
  • smantha32
    Options
    When you fall in love with a pair of shoes only to find they are no longer available in your size and are "end of line".

:sad:

YES!

I have discovered though that a lot of times you can still order the shoes online when the stores are no longer carrying them. :bigsmile:
  • smantha32
    Options
    (Wikipedia) Misophonia, literally “hatred of sound”, is believed to be a neurological disorder characterized by negative experiences (anger, flight, hatred, disgust) triggered by specific sounds. The sounds can be loud or soft. The term was coined by American neuroscientists Pawel Jastreboff and Margaret Jastreboff and is often used interchangeably with the term selective sound sensitivity. Misophonia has not been classified as a discrete disorder in DSM-V-TR or ICD-10.

People who have misophonia are most commonly angered, and even enraged, by common ambient sounds, such as other people clipping their nails, brushing teeth, eating, breathing, sniffing, talking, sneezing, yawning, walking, chewing gum, laughing, snoring, typing on a keyboard, whistling or coughing; certain consonants; or repetitive sounds.

Maybe if they're experiencing these sounds as "Common ambient sounds"... but if the sounds are out of context such as clipping nails, brushing teeth, loudly chewing gum, belching, at your desk at work, then they aren't ambient sounds, they're disgusting ones.

:bigsmile:
  • smantha32
    Options

This is a little different than the other complaints; however, I find that the "duck face" trend is what is going to cause me to become unglued. I just want to slap them when I see the pictures all over Facebook!!!!!!!!!!!

Duckface pics taken in the toilet = This x100
  • Epyhon
    Epyhon Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Eeyores. Is there not one thing you can find that makes you happy? The world still spins. Start living and stop being so freaking negative.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    HA, that reminds me of an episode of "How I met your mother", where they all complain about different annoying things each other does and Lilly sounds like she's eating food from ACE hardware haha...

Me personally I have a few things that erk me, mostly when someone just stands or is eating with their mouth open breathing really hard like damn you alright?
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    people breathe
  • tonguetied69
    Options
    Having a conversation and an unwanted person butts in!
  • stefjc
    stefjc Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    May be a little bit like putting my head above the firing line, but the advice

"Eat less carbs and more vegetables"

Never ceases to make my eyes pop!
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    People text without punctuating...
  • Tonia184
    Tonia184 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Iregardless is not a Eff'n Word!!!!!

Serously, it makes me cringe when I hear that word.

I hear you!:explode:
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    Having a conversation and an unwanted person butts in!

Don't you just hate that...!
  • TammyW18
    TammyW18 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    1) smacking or teeth chomping - I tell my family "I'm going to put u out to pasture"
    2) teeth hitting the fork - again I tell my family "god made lips use them"
    3) cut the meat on ur plate NOT the plate ugh
    4) scraping the yogurt container to the point the friction from the spoon going through the container is NOT going to make more magically appear... When it's gone it's gone

Oh and finally...go get a flipping tissue and stop repeatedly sniffing!
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options

Oh and finally...go get a flipping tissue and stop repeatedly sniffing!

Argghhhh!!!! i hate that.

Tbh, i find small sounds like that annoying when im reading.. tapping/sniffing/heavey breathing are just a few that will drive me batty if iv got a book in me hand!
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options

arrrrghhhhh! and peopole who call Ketchup "red sauce".......is that just a british thing?

I once heard a guy in a cafe ask for some "tom ketch". After quelling the urge to smack him with a spoon on the back of the head, I asked, "who the hell is he and why do you only want some of him?"

He didn't laugh.
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    When people walk all in a horizontal line and REALLy slowly in the mall. WHAT. Are you doing. Hahaha
  • zoober
    zoober Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    1) People who are actually in the middle of the turn, then they put the turn signal on.
    2) People who leave off the last "t", like you tried the ress, now try the bess.
    3) Folks who get to a restaurant order station with kids 5 and under, then they ask each kid what they want while I cool my heels.

I could go on.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    When people whistle shrilly.
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    Joey-Monica-Chandler-Phoebe-We-could-eat-the-wax-friends-22011534-500-243.gif