It Erks my nerves when...

Options

Replies

• lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I hate the word 'munch.' I don't know why, except that it sounds like a donkey chewing.
  • KathleenMurry
    KathleenMurry Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm the same I walk into a restroom and someone comes out the stall and goes straight for the door. I want to grab their wrists, stand behind them and put their hands under the water with soap and sing, "This is the way we wash our hands, wash our hands, wash our hands. This is the way we wash our hands, after we go potty."

I am done with life after reading your post. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

To add to this point....a lot of men walk out of public washrooms and THEN do up their zippers. WTF?
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Try have diner with my dad in law, good for your diet I tell you! It is a bit of a mix between a pig and a bulldozer...
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Your title says Erks my nerves... it really should just be. It really gets on my nerves, or it really irks me when... or even it really annoys me when...

irks my nerves just... no. Things like this irk me beyone belief.

And spelling errors in novels. I sent a letter to an editor once because of the novel I was reading, I included a copy with every spelling error and incorrect punctuation in the novel.

When people have to post/comment more than once to get their point across! You're Point was well token,
    That seriously IRKS me. :wink:

tumblr_lyksz2AVxE1qco00yo1_500.gif

Oh there you are. Have you chosen colors yet?
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I suffer from the same malady. Some days are worse than others, and on those days, it's just better for me to go somewhere and eat on my own. When it's bad, I want to punch people's faces.
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    When you fall in love with a pair of shoes only to find they are no longer available in your size and are "end of line".

:sad:
  • stefjc
    stefjc Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Try have diner with my dad in law, good for your diet I tell you! It is a bit of a mix between a pig and a bulldozer...

My BIL is much the same. He throws the food from the shovel, sorry, fork towards his mouth and then chases it right back down to the plate, and chews with his now overfilled mouth wide open.... smiling and nodding and telling you how good each gobful tastes.
  • JollySnidge
    JollySnidge Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Mine is people telling me to wash my hands after going to the bathroom, funnily enough. I'm a girl, I don't pee on my hands, and as a former cleaner, I know that in some cases, the cloth used on the toilet seat, is also used on the taps, hand dryers etc. There's a hand sanitizer pump outside the bathroom and I use that, but people still try to call me back to wash my hands. It's like, I'm an adult, just trust that I know what I'm doing and wash your own damn hand.

Phew.

Aside from that, it's people who say 'My name is called' what even?
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    You end up talking to your husband like he's a 14yr old child because you have to nag him about EVERYTHING repeatedly!

He'd rather surf the net or play computer games than do any chores......... The flippant me comes out "Okay I'll be your servant then shall I King Dave?"

Then somehow I'M being the pain in the *kitten*!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    I like a sensual eater.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    nvm
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Aside from that, it's people who say 'My name is called' what even?

Well, in most Latin-based languages, the expression is, "I call myself," so it's sort of odd in English, but closer to the other languages.
  • Kettle_Belle14
    Kettle_Belle14 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    lol. And Lol. And LOL. And LoL. And LOl. And lOL. And lOl.

Especially when it's used as a punctuation device lol cos you don't know where to end sentences lol so it's just one lol sentence with some lols lol.

^THIS!!!! x 1,000,000
  • Hoponopono
    Hoponopono Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    People who chase the food on their fork/spoon with their tongue. They just open up that gob and stick out their tongue to catch the food...reminds me of a camel or a cow. Oh and people who wipe their nose AT the table; especially while others are still eating. People who use their dinner knife like a saw and cut the food so hard it makes loud scraping noises on the plate.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I like a sensual eater.

peanutbutter_zpsf7359d8d.gif
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Your title says Erks my nerves... it really should just be. It really gets on my nerves, or it really irks me when... or even it really annoys me when...

And spelling errors in novels. I sent a letter to an editor once because of the novel I was reading, I included a copy with every spelling error and incorrect punctuation in the novel.

When people have to post/comment more than once to get their point across! You're Point was well token,

Right now I'm seeing lots of colors, but let me think about it. I really love purple! Like, maybe different shades of purple on eeeeverything. Whaddaya think?
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    When you fall in love with a pair of shoes only to find they are no longer available in your size and are "end of line".

:sad:

Ooooh, I know! I wanted these crushed velvet Converse high tops, and they only had a size 7. I was CRUSHED!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Mine is...Can you close the light? No thanks, but I can turn it off. Erks me.

When a mistake is made, and I am not able to correct it for whatever reason. So it continues to be made. And then at some point people begin to think that's the regular way. Makes me feel like I'm loosing my mind! *eyetwitch*
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

Right now I'm seeing lots of colors, but let me think about it. I really love purple! Like, maybe different shades of purple on eeeeverything. Whaddaya think?
    :flowerforyou:
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    You end up talking to your husband like he's a 14yr old child because you have to nag him about EVERYTHING repeatedly!

He'd rather surf the net or play computer games than do any chores......... The flippant me comes out "Okay I'll be your servant then shall I King Dave?"

Then somehow I'M being the pain in the *kitten*!

This..

Also, when the OH says 'I'll do the dishes for you'

For me?!?

Im sorry, i didnt realize im the only one that use's the plates an stuff.

'I'll put the washing in for you dear'
    By all means, please do that... seeing as im the only one who needs clothes.

Sooo many times iv pulled him up on this... his response?

Im being 'pedantic'

:explode: