It Erks my nerves when...

Options

Replies

• KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    "Ax" its "ask" speak clearly and enunciate.

Sagging.... Pull your damn pants up!!

Disrespectful children and/or Lazy parents.
  • walzllw
    walzllw Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Someone notices I am losing weight and decide that, even though I am having success with how I am doing it, they have a better way (usually involving some fad or extreme diet that they are not having much success with themselves). I mean seriously? I have lost over 59 pounds in a little over six months and you have a better way for me to lose weight? I usually just smile politely and thank them for their advise

YES! Especially when they are not making any progress to lose weight themselves!
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    And spelling errors in novels. I sent a letter to an editor once because of the novel I was reading, I included a copy with every spelling error and incorrect punctuation in the novel.

Typos here and there don't bother me (as an editor, I know you can't catch everything) but when a small press publishes a book, they really don't edit at all and it can be AWFUL. Really, really, really awful.

Even worse is that all seven Harry Potter books are FULL of grammatical errors. Full of them.
    I am a copywriter so i have to proof read stuff like brochures, advertorials and scripts on a daily basis. And i have this irritating habit of spacing out in the middle of it, which results in god awful spelling errors sometimes.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    People that use the QUOTE feature in forums!

I use that all the time! Especially to quote people who say
    People that use the QUOTE feature in forums!

because it's not my quote. :tongue:
  • boredlimodriver
    boredlimodriver Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    when someone says "you welcome" instead of you're.

argh
    You can hear that???

oh god yes. there's a guy at work across from me. says it a few times a day, loud and clear.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    My inner spelling Nazi is going nuts over this whole post.

"irks."
    "nerve wracking"

And so on and so forth. Wait, that sentence alone makes no sense.
  • hteepeg
    hteepeg Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    When people say "the point is mute". Do you have a silencer or remote control handy? It is MOOT not MUTE.
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    People who spit in public.

People who make that weird teeth-sucking sound to show disapproval.

People who walk zombie-like down the sidewalk while staring at their mobile phone--usually while typing on it.
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options

arrrrghhhhh! and peopole who call Ketchup "red sauce".......is that just a british thing?

Nope, i call it Tomato sauce.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I love this thread.
  • stefjc
    stefjc Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Isn't red sauce a tomato based fish or pasta sauce - possibly Italian by extraction if not origin?

We do have brown sauce - often known as Daddy's. But I don't know any 'Brit' who would say red sauce and mean tomato ketchup.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Someone is eating and they make the MOST NERVE WRECKING NOISES....humming, grunting, slurping, and SMACKING. I
    JUST WANT TO HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT SO THEY CANT MOVE IT.

My best friend does that ALL the time, and it drives me nuts. I don't get it.... and it is really pronounced too, difficult to overlook. I can't even say anything without seeming like a total grump, so I just put up with it, cuz I love her. :D
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    arrrrghhhhh! and peopole who call Ketchup "red sauce".......is that just a british thing?

Most Brits call it ketchup. Some colloquially call it red sauce because the main other alternative here is brown sauce, which is actually just called brown sauce unless it has a specific brand name (HP is the main one), so some use red and brown. I've never seen brown sauce in the Americas so I'm guessing it's not a thing there.
  • stefjc
    Options
    Oh! Forgot about HP.

Odd as we always say ketchup or brown sauce.... wonder if there is a North South divide?

Probably not :-D
  • KelleyGirl74
    KelleyGirl74 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Disrespectful children and/or Lazy parents.

parents who are scare of their children. Really?
  • dkgoetz
    dkgoetz Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I hate the sound of nails being clipped (especially at work, at their desks - ugh! At least go in the bathroom!!) and when people scrape their teeth on a spoon or fork!!

Also when people brush their teeth at work and then leave all their spit in the sink without rinsing it down. Come on!!
  • KelleyGirl74
    KelleyGirl74 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    The name of KimYe's baby, North West.
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    Oh! Forgot about HP.

Odd as we always say ketchup or brown sauce.... wonder if there is a North South divide?

Probably not :-D

Im a Northerner i say Tomato sauce, Hubby is a Southerner he says Ketchup....

He also has butter on his bacon butties :noway:
  • I_Will_Be_The_Swan
    Options
    The sound of people filing their nails, especially if they go back and forth. It weakens your nails, they split, and you file again. UUUGHHH!

Also, people who misspell "definitely." It's not "defiantly", it's not "definatly," it is "DEFINITELY." AS IN, OF OR PERTAINING TO A DEFINITE. NOT A DEFIANCE OR WHATEVER THE HELL DEFINATLY COMES FROM. GOODNESS GRACIOUS, WHERE WERE YOU IN SECOND GRADE ENGLISH CLASS?!
  • stefjc
    Options

Im a Northerner i say Tomato sauce, Hubby is a Southerner he says Ketchup....

He also has butter on his bacon butties :noway:

I picked up a couple of bad habits from Southern hubby - saying ketchup is probably one of them. But seriously, butter on bacon butties??

You need a good divorce lawyer!