It Erks my nerves when...

Options

Replies

• cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options

Im a Northerner i say Tomato sauce, Hubby is a Southerner he says Ketchup....

He also has butter on his bacon butties :noway:

I picked up a couple of bad habits from Southern hubby - saying ketchup is probably one of them. But seriously, butter on bacon butties??

You need a good divorce lawyer!

I let him off because he loves Staffordshire oatcakes. If he ever once dreamed of putting butter on them... there would be no going back lol!
  • tinacrane
    tinacrane Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I work at a college, and students are always having loud, animated phone calls( usually on speaker) in the restroom. YUCK! Yes, even while on the toilet! First of all, it's rude to engage in loud personal phone calls in public, secondly it kind of violates my privacy...yeah, now my 'business' can be heard on their speakerphone! If this relates to you: Please just quick say that you will call them back and HANG UP! It is a public R E S T R O O M and it is not an emergency !
  • FeleciaMiller
    FeleciaMiller Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I think you mean IRKS...not Erks... there is big difference between the two.
    erk [urk] noun British Slang.
    1.an aircraftsman of the lowest rank in the Royal Air force.
    2. a worthless, stupid person; jerk.

irk (ûrk)
    tr.v. irked, irk·ing, irks
    To be irritating, wearisome, or vexing to. See Synonyms at annoy.

Go on then - it is also nerve RACKING....

Wrecking - to destroy
    Racking - intensely distressing

LOL LOL @WRECKING AND RACKING!
    True true true!!!!
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Buttering the bread of a bacon buttie is wrong. Frying mushrooms in a vat of butter and decanting that onto the sandwich is, however, a valid application of butter onto one.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    when people, including myself, involve themselves in the would you <insert attention searching method> thread. lol
  • SmoothRiko
    SmoothRiko Posts: 193
    Options
    I'm the same I walk into a restroom and someone comes out the stall and goes straight for the door. I want to grab their wrists, stand behind them and put their hands under the water with soap and sing, "This is the way we wash our hands, wash our hands, wash our hands. This is the way we wash our hands, after we go potty."

I am done with life after reading your post. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    Buttering the bread of a bacon buttie is wrong. Frying mushrooms in a vat of butter and decanting that onto the sandwich is, however, a valid application of butter onto one.

Agreed!

And its not just Bacon butties!!

He does it with sausage butties too :sad:

He also frowns at my eating of pig pudding... :huh: But insists pea's pudding is oh so lush *barf*
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    lol. And Lol. And LOL. And LoL. And LOl. And lOL. And lOl.

Especially when it's used as a punctuation device lol cos you don't know where to end sentences lol so it's just one lol sentence with some lols lol.
  • SmoothRiko
    Options
    I actually love knowing that so many people out there become wrecks over the most trivial things.
    Makes me feel positively well adjusted by comparison.

I raise my coffee cup in tribute to you all.

Sluuuurrrp.

AMEN!!!
  • SmoothRiko
    Options
    Being interrupted more than once during a conversation.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    People who say "nucular" (for nuclear), "realator" (for realtor), "jewlery" (for jewelry) and a variety of other mispronounced words.

Oh, and the word "irregardless" just pisses me off no matter how you pronounce it. It means the exact same thing as "regardless". It's a BS made up word (yes, I know it's in the dictionary, I don't care).
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lyjn4rtPK21rnhuhmo1_500.gif
  • TanyaGirl76
    TanyaGirl76 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    AHH!! I hate when people spit in public too! AHH! On windy days it's the worst because you have to worry about it blowing on you if you are standing next to them. That has happened to me before. Ahh..thinking back at that makes me feel sick.
  • Mrtibbz1926
    Mrtibbz1926 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It's not Saturday or Sunday.
  • ShellyBrowne
    ShellyBrowne Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Axe instead of ask.
    Making groceries instead of buying groceries.
  • jacklis
    jacklis Posts: 280 Member
    Options

People who walk zombie-like down the sidewalk while staring at their mobile phone--usually while typing on it.
    Just yesterday- I am walking back from the store with a case of G2 behind this guy who stops in the MIDDLE of the lane in the parking lot to read his Blackberry. I almost walked into his back- then stepped around him and said "hey buddy- you are in the middle of the road". He did not even look up until I had dumped my juice in the trunk and was about to get in the driver's seat.
    It had me laughing until I reached my destination.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I've been loosing weight. It will help you loose wait. My clothes are loser. No.
  • KathleenMurry
    KathleenMurry Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    A man who boards horses at my farm brings his german shepherd in the morning and ties him up. As soon as I appear he starts yelling "Cory, behave. BEHAVE! No barking. We won't have any barking from you today. Cory!"

Meanwhile....the dog never even moved or made a peep.

Grumpy old *kitten*.

That's the only thing that pisses me off lately.
  • Hoponopono
    Hoponopono Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Mash a button...seriously? Never actually heard anyone use this until I moved to SC; down here everyone says "mash the button". smdh
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    The person in front of you taking ages because they are talking to their friend at the checkout when you've got a tonne of frozen stuff getting warmer by the second on the converyer belt...... grrrrrrr