It Erks my nerves when...

Options
FeleciaMiller
FeleciaMiller Posts: 68 Member
Someone is eating and they make the MOST NERVE WRECKING NOISES....humming, grunting, slurping, and SMACKING. I
JUST WANT TO HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT SO THEY CANT MOVE IT.

Replies

• BrklynTico
    BrklynTico Posts: 143
    Options
    I react the same way when people say "conversate."

IT'S "CONVERSE" DAMN IT!
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Or I now 'weight' 10kg. Aaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh :laugh: We call it 'weigh' down ma hood :laugh:
  • VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    As a vocal eater, I humbly apologize.
    :laugh:
  • KelleyGirl74
    KelleyGirl74 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm the same I walk into a restroom and someone comes out the stall and goes straight for the door. I want to grab their wrists, stand behind them and put their hands under the water with soap and sing, "This is the way we wash our hands, wash our hands, wash our hands. This is the way we wash our hands, after we go potty."
  • Epyhon
    Epyhon Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I hate liberry. Its li-brar-y. Nails on the chalk board.
  • Katrina_vw91
    Katrina_vw91 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    The sound of eating bananas...when you can hear someone munching on it. Haha I am guilty of making those noises sometimes :S
  • FeleciaMiller
    Options
    I'm the same I walk into a restroom and someone comes out the stall and goes straight for the door. I want to grab their wrists, stand behind them and put their hands under the water with soap and sing, "This is the way we wash our hands, wash our hands, wash our hands. This is the way we wash our hands, after we go potty."

YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    my ten year old eats like that. I love him and all but sometimes i want to drown him in his cereal.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options

Definitely this
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    When people give threads half-finished generic titles in an attempt to get more hits as a cry for attention.

/realises he's not helping the case
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    The sound of eating bananas. Gotta love it. HAHA. I am guilty of making those noises sometimes :S

Yes! Especially when you can hear their teeth clacking as they chew the banana. Or pudding or ice cream. :laugh:
  • griff7809
    griff7809 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Iregardless is not a Eff'n Word!!!!!

Serously, it makes me cringe when I hear that word.

Oh and it makes me sick to hear that subtle "smacking" sound when somebody eats cereal.
  • FeleciaMiller
    Options
    When people give threads half-finished generic titles in an attempt to get more hits as a cry for attention.

/realises he's not helping the case
    [/quote

LOL Poor them..
  • curly1986
    curly1986 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    +1 for noisy eaters... 5yo daughter can be a bit noisy and eat with her mouth open and it drives me bonkers!

Nail biters!!!! Argh the sound... It makes my whole body tense up and I have to fight the urge to punch them in the face!!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    You invitation says you are having a party, wedding, etc at 4p.m. and it does not start until 6 or even 7.
    Lateness of any kind really drives me INSANE.

Of course emergencies and situations come up, but dear GOD not every single time.

GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    Im very irritable today.. so everything is irritating me.
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Mine is...Can you close the light? No thanks, but I can turn it off. Erks me.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Smacking and chewing is horrendous! Especially when it's something mushy. Or something crunchy. My office was (thank goodness) next to a woman who would eat chips every morning. Each chip she'd put in her mouth she would crunch with her mouth open. It takes some serious eating to make that loud of a crunch to be heard from office to office.

My other pet peeve (eating at least), is when someone is eating with a fork and with every bite you can hear them drag their teeth against the tines of the fork as they're pulling it out of their mouth. Kinda like a 'ziiiing' type of sound. Makes me cringe...:explode:
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Cracking knuckles or other parts of your body, makes my skin crawl
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Mine is...Can you close the light? No thanks, but I can turn it off. Erks me.

Along the same lines, when my fiance can't see the TV or whatever, and needs me to move has asks me if I can 'push forward'. Umm, no. But I can move outta your way... WTF am I pushing??