Join me! Turbo Fire/Chalean Extreme hybrid starts today!!!

Options

Replies

• ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday girls! Woo hoo!!!!

Today was Chalean Extreme Push Circuit 3, Abs 10 and BBL Sculpt! Whew! Love working this hard!

Now I'm working on putting my home office together! Can't wait! So, come Monday, I'll be posting from my new home! :happy:

Lots to get done today, so I'll be cutting it short, sorry!

Hope you're all doing great and have a wonderful weekend!

Deb
  • afeinberg
    afeinberg Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    just did HIIT 25 for the first time - OMG = so MANY tuck jumps!!

Sweating like a crazy woman but feeling good

needed some energy for a 3 hr drive with 2 little ones

have a great weekend folks
  • ddavies919
    Options
    just did HIIT 25 for the first time - OMG = so MANY tuck jumps!!

Sweating like a crazy woman but feeling good

needed some energy for a 3 hr drive with 2 little ones

have a great weekend folks

Allison,

Hey girl! Glad to hear you're still out there, bringing it! Those HIIT workouts are crazy but in a good way! Way to go! Hope you continue your successful journey and have a fabulous weekend!

Deb
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I did Burn It Off and Ab Burner today. My abs are such weak sauce...hahaha. I have to modify most of the moves, but hopefully after doing it for a month or two, I'll be able to build up some ab muscle. That's my only weak area, my arms and legs are awesome, my core... not as much. I've got Push 3 and a Turbo Fire workout in the morning. I'm thinking Fire 30 with it.

I don't know if it's because I'm not flexible at all, but I can't do the jumps very well at all! My tucks are terrible and the jack jumps my legs don't get very high at all. I'm also living on the 2nd floor of an apartment building and I don't want my neighbors complaining. Either way, I modify them a bit to make it easier (and quieter). It looks like I'll be back into the HIIT workouts in a couple weeks, once I'm done with the Push phase workouts. I really want to hit 155 by my birthday on Oct 22, I could use some good HIIT workouts... haha
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Sculpt 30 and HIIT 25 today...I've said it before and I'll say it again. There are a LOT of plyometric squat jumps in HIIT 25!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 00trayn
    Options
    I'm sure my neighbors downstairs will love when I start doing HIIT 25.... hahaha. I'm gonna do another 2 weeks of the hybrid schedule with Push and then I'll get into the HIIT stuff for a few weeks. I looked at the schedule, lots of HIIT 20 and 25 it looks like.... should be fun.
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Hi ladies! Wow, busy day today! Of course, I got my workout in first off. I did Fire 45 and BBL Bum Bum and talk about squats! My tush better be in graet shape after this! lol

Then, I burned some more calories moving in my office furniture! Heavy lifting for sure! It looks great though!

Glad to see you girls still going strong! Love it!

Sara: Uh oh.....yeah, your neighbors probably won't be too fond of you with those HIIT's! lol Oh well, they'll run upstairs wondering what you're doing and you can show them!

Hope you ladies have a wonderful rest of your weekend! Tomorrow is my rest day and I am looking forward to it!

Deb
  • glfprncs2
    Options
    Once again, on my schedule I see HIIT 25 and Tone 30. I TOTALLY pushed myself in the HIIT workout today...bringing my knees as high as I possibly could. Had my heart rate at 91-92% of max at the end of each circuit, but was really amazed at how much it dropped by the time the next circuit started (usually right around 76% of max). Tone 30 is still killer! SO MANY LUNGES!

I have HIIT 30 for the first time on Wednesday and saw (on Facebook) a video that another exerciser posted. It looks SO good! Can't wait!

By the way...are any of you on Facebook as well? If so, please send me a friend request...I'm at www.facebook.com/nancyschwert
  • 00trayn
    Options
    For all your CLX/TF experts, I have a question:

I'm trying to speed up the schedule for the hybrid a bit, so I'm basically planning to shorten the 4 week blocks to 3 weeks instead. Right now I'm through Week 5 and I'm thinking I might start skipping the days with Push 1 to speed things up (I already add an extra "rest" day because I'm going to run outside 2-3 times a week now). Push 1 has SUCH a low calorie burn and I felt like Push 2 and 3 were better workouts. I'll still be strength training 3 days a week, just with 2 different workouts instead of 3. I switched to a resistance band for almost all of the exercises and that is tough! I was only using 8 lb weights, so a strong resistance band is definitely upping things. And I'm keeping up with the ab workouts and stuff when that's thrown in. I'm keeping a good balance of strength workouts, TF or CLX cardio workouts and running, so my body shouldn't get used to anything too quickly.

Anyway, that's my game plan. If anyone has any other suggestions of how to mix things up or shorten the schedule, I'd love to hear it :) I have the shortest attention span so I'm always changing things.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I am back in the swing of things today. I did HIIT 15, Burn Circuit 1 and Ab Jam after I walked for an hour. Plenty of time left in the day to add more so we will see.

Sara, the reason you don't burn alot in Push 1 is because it is really working your arms and that is a smaller muscle group. I personally wouldn't skip it entirely because it is important to work those muscles to get sexy arms. Sometimes its not about the burn but about the visual results. Anyway that is my two cents.
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Hi girls! Hope everyone had a great weekend! Mine was wonderful! It was my b-day yesterday and spent time with family! I also got my home office put together finally!!!! Yeah!!!! Now I can really focus and grow! Always looking ahead!

Today I did Push Circuit 1, Abs 10 and BBL Sculpt (always a killer!). Glad to see everyone working hard as usual!

Nancy: I copied your link but it didn't work on FB; you can find me by my name; it's Debra Davies; I'm in Seattle, WA. I'll try it again though.

Sara: I kind of agree with Robin. I don't know that I'd skip it all together; it's in there for a reason. But, if you feel like you've got a good schedule down, run with it. You can always add in PC1 later I suppose.

Keep up the good work ladies! You're doing great! Have a fabulous day!

Deb
  • glfprncs2
    Options

Nancy: I copied your link but it didn't work on FB; you can find me by my name; it's Debra Davies; I'm in Seattle, WA. I'll try it again though.

Well...that's because I'm a bonehead! LOL...the ACTUAL link is www.facebook.com/nancyschwertfeger

I'll do a look for you as well.
  • momistiny
    Options
    Hello -

My name is Rose and looking forward for finding new friendship with my exercise program.

I've been pretty sedatary since May 2010 due to serverly low levels of iron so I had to stop my exercise regimine - at the time I was almost into phase 2 of Chaleane extreme

I'm getting myself ready to begin they hybrid of Chaleane extreme/Turbofire. Anyone else doing this program and what type of results are you seeing.

I could really use some motivation to give me a nudge to get moving since I've been off that wagon for so long. I know I'll have to rebuild my stamina up to what it was.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
  • 00trayn
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. That does make sense, and my arms need to lose the flab FAST. It is definitely already going away from what I've done so far but I've got the annoying bat wings when I hold out my arms still. I'll keep in it there and just do 3 full weeks of Push. I'm gonna do a cardio workout before Push 1 so that my heart rate is higher at least to start off with. I have an aversion to low-calorie burn workouts... haha. I feel like I'm not doing as much. And I also can't eat as much... lol.
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. HIIT 20 and Sculpt 30 today...although it looks like I misread the schedule and should have actually done HIIT 25. Oh well, I'll do that on Wednesday when HIIT 20 is scheduled so it all comes out as a wash for the week. BB said I only burned 235 calories...HRM said 899! Since I don't eat all of the exercise calories anyway it really doesn't matter but still that seems like a really big discrepancy. Actually, I don't know why I still wear the HRM since Bodybugg tracks all calories expended. As long as the total difference between expended and eaten is 500 or more I'm good.

55 EZ tomorrow...yay!!!:love:

Sharon
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Hello -

My name is Rose and looking forward for finding new friendship with my exercise program.

I've been pretty sedatary since May 2010 due to serverly low levels of iron so I had to stop my exercise regimine - at the time I was almost into phase 2 of Chaleane extreme

I'm getting myself ready to begin they hybrid of Chaleane extreme/Turbofire. Anyone else doing this program and what type of results are you seeing.

I could really use some motivation to give me a nudge to get moving since I've been off that wagon for so long. I know I'll have to rebuild my stamina up to what it was.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi Rose! Nice to meet you and welcome to the thread! Glad to have you! I love meeting new people! I'm 6 weeks into the hybrid program and before that I was doing about a week of just Turbo Fire! I love it!!!!! I have lost 4lbs so far which I'm exstatic about because I was at a plateau forever!!!! I'm also losing inches in my waist and just toning up everywhere! The combo of these two programs is amazing! I know you'll love it!!! We will help you get on board and get motivated! All it takes is pushing that play button; it's that simple! I look forward to reading your posts and let's get you started!!! :happy:

Deb
  • 00trayn
    Options
    So I decided to give Push 1 a second chance... and properly using resistance bands makes a HUGE difference! I did Fat Burn Challenge from CLX first to get my heart rate up, then I went straight into the strength exercises in Push 1 (I was already warmed up... haha). I paid more attention to how Toni was gripping the resistance bands and I choked up on them more to make it harder... what a change! My heart was really going because it was much more difficult. I burned more like 250 calories doing Push 1 instead of the 150 I burned last week when I did it. I think I'll keep it in the schedule after all... my arms feel like limp spaghetti!
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    So I decided to give Push 1 a second chance... and properly using resistance bands makes a HUGE difference! I did Fat Burn Challenge from CLX first to get my heart rate up, then I went straight into the strength exercises in Push 1 (I was already warmed up... haha). I paid more attention to how Toni was gripping the resistance bands and I choked up on them more to make it harder... what a change! My heart was really going because it was much more difficult. I burned more like 250 calories doing Push 1 instead of the 150 I burned last week when I did it. I think I'll keep it in the schedule after all... my arms feel like limp spaghetti!

Immediate calorie burn is not the purpose of strength training. The purpose is to build solid muscle, which raises your metabolism. You will not burn as many calories during strength training exercises, but the additional muscle that you gain will continue to burn more calories long after the workout, whereas cardio burns more calories during the workout, but the calories burning stops when the exercise stops. You can not compare cardio to strength training based on the calorie burn that you experience while doing the exercise - they won't be the same. However, the additional muscle will keep you constantly burning more calories even when at rest.

Doing cardio before your strength training results in a lesser workout because you are trying to build strength using already fatigued muscles. If you check around, you'll see that fitness experts recommend doing the strength training first before cardio so that you are strength training at your optimal capacity.

Congratulations on rocking the resistance bands! Toni makes it look way too easy, doesn't she?
  • 00trayn
    Options
    That all makes sense. I've been doing the strength training first for basically the whole program, then the cardio. I switched them today to go for the calorie burn. I do want to build up muscle and increase my metabolism, I definitely put in 100% with those resistance bands! I wasn't really fatigued too much after the cardio since it was mostly legs and Push 1 is almost all arms. I'll switch back next time I do strength so I'm getting a good workout in before I do the cardio.
  • glfprncs2
    Options
    Fire 60 for the first time last night...I expected it to be ridiculously brutal. I found that when I finished, I felt as though I could do it again! I do believe 'someone' is getting into really good cardiovascular shape. Thank you HIIT 25 drills!

Rest day today...need to make it a point to really stretch today. I've been quite sore since starting the every other day HIIT drills in week 10/11. I do, however, see an actual recovery week ahead on my schedule.