Best/Favorite concert you've ever been to?

Options

Replies

• matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Probably this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6I_mCXxfIQ

For obvious reasons :D
  • FJcntdwn2sknyluv
    FJcntdwn2sknyluv Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    DAVE MATTHEWS BAND... every year at the gorge! in Washington!
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Saw Boston about 20 yrs ago! lol Great concert and most recent would be NKOTBSB last yr! Honestly those guys put on an awesome show!
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    June, 1977 at Soldier's Field, Chicago
    Emerson Lake and Palmer, J. Geils Band, Foghat and Climax Blues Band.
    What a night!
  • bellaamor30
    bellaamor30 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of multiday music festivals - bonaroo or gathering of the vibes are two of my favorites.

If I had to pick just one and this is hard...would likely be motley crue/buckcherry/paparoach
  • cloveraz
    cloveraz Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Got free tickets to see Garth Brooks in 1996, at U of I. Man is a beast on stage...Would love to see Tool and Foo Fighters, one day!...Concerts are expensive..
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    Marelyfest down in Miami in 2003 was a helluva lot of fun. Damian, Stephen, Kymani and some of the other Marleys put on a great show. Plus other various reggae artists throughout the entire day and into the night. Booze, weed's legal for the day. Like for real. They search your **** before going in, however i had a little pipe and a small amount of ganj on me, which they simply were not interested in. the entire venue (an awesome outdoor amphitheater down in Miami right on the water) is crawling with cops, but again people, myself included, would light up right in front of them, or wander around with a joint, and the cops were just not interested in that. i think mostly they were worried about fights and violence and ****. lol but not a lotta fights happening when everyone's high as a kite jamming to bob marley's sons and company. good fricken times.

ani difranco puts on an AMAZING live performance. she is a fantastic musician, storyteller, person--! i cannot praise her enough. i maybe kind of want to make out with her.

DMB as well, puts on a damn good live performance. haven't seen 'em though since LeRoi died.

i'm a big fan of live music. small or large. sometimes the most fun is had catching some local band jamming at a bar or restaurant.
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Bryan Adams at Rockin the Valley - Craven,SK summer of 1991
  • Parmcat
    Parmcat Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    In order:

Muse
    Pink Floyd
    U2
    Black Keys
    Harry Connick Jr
    Joe Cocker
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Prince!!! Nothing more needs to be said. The Purple One is a phenomenal performer, showman and musician.

Janet Jackson during her hey day was amazing too. I saw the Velvet Rope show at Madison Square Garden. Loved it. So wish I could've seen her brother. That would have been a show to remember
  • Parmcat
    Parmcat Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Bryan Adams at Rockin the Valley - Craven,SK summer of 1991

Ive seen him well over 20 times....amazing performer
  • TS3g
    TS3g Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Best overall concert: Five Finger Death Punch w/ Trivium and In This Moment opening

Best live performance: Middle Class Rut while opening for Chevelle
  • MeRoHa
    MeRoHa Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    QUEEN. back in late 70's. It was a winter snowy storm night. They performed a three hour set with no lead in band. Freddy Mercury was fantastic. Nothing has ever been able to top it. By a twist of fate, my friend and I managed to get in early and got to see the sound check. The whole night was magical.
  • Sonj1973
    Sonj1973 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Toss up between Kings of Leon @ Leeds festival...some time back Or Biffy Clyro, Both awesome, dam sexy and some ;)
  • OtchCake82
    Options
    Oh Wow!!! What a fun topic!!!

The absolute BEST concert EVER was the HFStival in 2002 in DC! Eminem was awesome!!!!
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I can't pick one - my first Conor Oberst concert when I was 20 - the first time I saw Sigur Ros when I was 21 and the only time I saw Royksopp when I was 21.

Man, I rocked then.
  • brittyandian
    brittyandian Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    All American Rejects when I was 18 :)
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Another one I loved, I actually worked it, was Jay Z and Kanye. They place was soooo alive and they were so high energy. It was incredible.
  • charlene1873
    Options
    7/8 years ago Rolling Stones at Hampden Park, and they were AWESOME!!! my fav still alive band!