Losing Weight At McDonalds

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    This thread made me want to have a Burger King for lunch. Twas delicious!

True story.
    Made me hungry too ... and I'm low-carb which makes eating fast-food difficult... but none-the-less I went out with my youngest (he's 16 - school break) and he wanted a donair ... we went to the local donair shop.

My son got a regular donair, I got an "extreme" with both beef and chicken donair meat... easily 50-55g of protein in it... (The pita was like 12" in diameter)... we got it to go...

Took it home, unwrapped it from the pita and threw it in a bowl. The dog quite enjoyed the pita, and "voila!" I saved 60g of carbohydrate. I call it "donair salad". Tasty, tasty.

There's a great Turkish place a couple of miles from me, the chilli sauce in their kebabs is the hottest thing I've ever tasted! Now I'm having a kebab this weekend.....
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    When I need a real severe rotorooter of the *kitten*, it's either white castle or Mcd's. Both have the same effect, but at least I like white castle. Except mcnuggets, they rock. And sausage mcmuffins with egg. I think those are made with crack. And hash browns. Ok I like mcdonalds diarrhea or no.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    When I need a real severe rotorooter of the *kitten*, it's either white castle or Mcd's. Both have the same effect, but at least I like white castle. Except mcnuggets, they rock. And sausage mcmuffins with egg. I think those are made with crack. And hash browns. Ok I like mcdonalds diarrhea or no.

What the hell do you order at McD's that gives you diarrhea?
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Cheese doesn't just come out of the cow or goat or sheep that way.

You didn't know that cheese is actually calf/kid/lamb poop? It's totally natural and clean because the baby animal drinks the milk and therefore (duh) poops out the cheese. Different kinds of cheese comes out of different species. FACT.*

*The word "fact" in all caps automatically means my statement is true. Your argument is invalid.
  • fatolelatdy
    fatolelatdy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    When you order your breakfast at a restaurant, be aware that an omelet or scrambled eggs may not be from real cracked eggs, but rather from premixed frozen egg content in a carton. Although whole eggs are almost always listed on the ingredient list, so is water, salt, citric acid (a preservative), and even nisin preparation (a controversial preservative). <~~~ interesting

A. The McMuffin has a cracked egg. Or else they are magicians, because my egg always has a yolk separate from the white with doneness that varies from day to day. I can't speak to other restaurants' egg products.
    B. Citric acid? Like the stuff from citrus fruits? So eating processed egg product is like eating an orange?!? SWEET!!! (I feel that I should specify I'm being sarcastic here, but really? Citric acid? Soooo many worse things out there to consume. Like pink slime* or something)

Seriously, we get it. You (not you specifically, but "you" fast food dislikers) don't eat fast food because it's "crap". I (and others) will still argue that not everything on a fast food menu is "crap" and that most food is at least a little bit processed. Cheese doesn't just come out of the cow or goat or sheep that way. Can't we all just agree to disagree and just get along?! For the children?!?

*note: I don't personally have a problem with lean finely textured beef or boneless lean beef trimmings.

so glad the "you" didn't mean me, i had my mc d's breakfast sausage burrito and milk this morning....i was just sharing something i read.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I used to work there. Salads are extremely popular. Even our homeless customers would sometimes order the $1 side salads with a healthy dressing :)
  • GodzillaR35
    GodzillaR35 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    just rocked 3 doublecheeseburgers no bun
  • toffee322
    toffee322 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    like this meal! but is it really $5. mcd is quite expensive i think..
    2 Side Salads (20 calories each)
    1 Packet Vinagarette (35 calories)
    2 Snack Wraps w/o Cheese (420 calories)

5 Dollars, 495 Calories, 30 Protein, 13 Fat, 65 Carb

Don't even try to hate on that.