What are your "no-no foods"?

Options

Replies

• lorenzovonmatterhorn7549
    Options
    Even though I love it, me and pasta do not get along. Neither do me and rice. I just can't quit ice cream either but I'm asking for a divorce.
  • doirone
    doirone Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Soda, of any kind, even diet.
    And fresh baked french bread... beacuse I'll end up eating half of the loaf.

I consider myself lucky, I'm not really into sweets of any kind. Not a fan of ice cream or cakes. It's just the darn fresh baked breads that get me!

Once in a while I give in and half a piece but REALLY have to watch it if there is an entire loaf in the house.
  • serenere
    serenere Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have to cut all the food that I love that I know have a crazy amount of fat just because I'm not able to have "just a bit" or "a small portion of it". I know that when I start with those I can't stop ç__ç so here they are.....

Rodeo chips
    fries...really, anything that is fried
    ice cream...
    puff pastry pizza... ç__ç this one hurts the most.

My goal is reaching the perfect shape so that at least once a month I can have these guys back in my life <3
  • ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    No foods are off-limits for me, but I have found with tracking that ice cream is something I am not willing to have all the time. It is too calorie-dense and the fat is high, so I save it as an occasional treat, esp if it is a flavor I really like.

For the calories in a 1/2 cup of ice cream (piddly!) I could have a whole bowl of yogurt and frozen fruit. Some days, though, only ice cream will do. :-)
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    The only foods on my no-no list are the ones that cause medical ailments (IBS, diverticulitis) in me. Other than that - everything in moderation!
  • arl1286
    arl1286 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm currently not eating anything processed or packaged, made with enriched flours, or with added sweeteners/preservatives. That ends on September 15th after my half marathon (decided to eat clean because I was simultaneously training for the race and trying to knock off the 20 pounds I gained abroad) when I indulge in a giant ice cream sundae with a brownie inside (which I believe breaks all of my rules).

I really should add peanut butter to the no-no list though, just because I am completely incapable of eating it in limited quantities.
  • HLSalter
    HLSalter Posts: 260
    Options
    I used to be addicted to sweet stuff like confectionary, cake, pastries etc so that is the one thing that I have to cut out now that I'm trying to lose weight. I know I could probably eat those things in moderation but I find it easier to completely cut it out of my diet as opposed to eating small amounts of it.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Parsnips & pop tarts......everything else is fair game.
    High fructose Corn Syrup, msg, fried foods. I mainly try to have whole foods and anti-toxins. :)

What are "anti-toxins"?
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Parsnips & pop tarts......everything else is fair game.
    High fructose Corn Syrup, msg, fried foods. I mainly try to have whole foods and anti-toxins. :)

What are "anti-toxins"?

LOL, I was wondering the same thing.
  • DrunkenFaeGirl
    Options
    I don't have anything that I can't eat. If I did I would fail. I do limit sweets and fried foods however.
  • hannamarie88
    hannamarie88 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I eat all the foods.

EAT ALL THE FOOD. The only thing I nearly exclusively don't consume is soda pop. But that's a choice because it rots your teeth and crap. And I love water. Gimme all the foods though. All of them. As long as they fit my cals and such.
  • dsolomon001
    dsolomon001 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    1. Grains
    2. Beans
    3. Junk Food
    4.Caffine
    5. Potatoes
    6. Corn
    7. Peanuts

Bascially a low carb paelo diet is what is healthiest for me.
  • tkotaka
    tkotaka Posts: 17
    Options
    Mexican food. I have a favorite restaurant that has some of the BEST smothered stuffed sopapillas and indian tacos with a ton of cheese and yummy goodness. <sigh>

I haven't touched it since I started MFP. I did a 14er hike this weekend and thought about getting something since I knew I'd burn a TON of calories. But I didn't. And good thing. My weight was actually up (maybe water) the next day.

38190192.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    As in "No-no, don't do that" (i.e. safeword)?

We use pineapple :blushing:
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower. I just hate it. It is *not* a good substitute for mashed potatoes, pizza crust, etc. because it's freakin' CAULIFLOWER and it's gross!

Okay, I've been holding that one in for months. :drinker:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    My only no-no foods are ones I don't like or I can't eat....like too much dairy because I'm lactose intolerant and lactaid doesn't always work.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I dont like hearing NO
  • DivaLuvsDisney
    DivaLuvsDisney Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    The only thing that I don't buy and keep in the house is Twizzlers. I have zero self control when it comes to those damn things. I will sit and eat and eat and eat until my belly aches.
  • EmmaOnTrack
    EmmaOnTrack Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Here's what I have decided to exclude from my diet:

- All junk food
    - Pastries
    - White bread
    - Any meat besides fish
    - Sugar
    - Pasta
    - Noodles
    - Juice
    - Soda pop
    - Condiments (ranch, mayo etc.)

What would you list as foods that you no longer eat?

I would be a very sad girl indeed if I said goodbye to most of those. As others have said, nothing is off limits for me, although I'm not (and never have been) a fan of heavily processed/packaged foods.

As an aside, I bought my daughter a pop tart from a local store that stocks US candy the other week (they're not commonly available in New Zealand). I had a small bite just to say I'd tried one and frankly I couldn't believe it was even classified as food.!And don't even get me started on twinkies and those cookie dough bite things! :tongue: *hides* :glasses:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Croissants and fried stuff, but really because I don't think they are worth the calories for how much they fill me up. If I had leftover calories and it was convenient to get some, I'd definitely have some though... I've had some pie and a couple pastries though...