Need to lose 100 lbs. or more? Lets start a group!

Options

Replies

• cassieinor
    Options
    Oh noooo, not chicken & dumplings.......one of my favorites! You must share how you make your dumplings......do you have a low cal recipe? Do you drop them into your chicken broth or do you have a way of steaming them over the broth. Mama used to have a steamer rack that sat inside the top rim of the soup pot and a real tall lid that sat on top of that. And those were the best ever dumplings. Never have I ever seen a pot like that since. Dumplings were real light and fluffy.....then ya pour your chicken & thickened broth over the top. I can almost smell those dumplings now.
  • haleighallen
    haleighallen Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'VE LOST 2 INCHES OFF MY BUTT!!

Can I get a "WEWT! WEWT!"?? lol:laugh:
  • cassieinor
    Options
    Don't know what a wewt wewt is but how 'bout a whoooo hoooo? That a good deal! If ya lost that much there, most likely you lost some inches in other places too. Keep up the good work girl.
  • whitet3
    Options
    Good Morning, I have to do a better job at getting on here durning the weekend and logging my food down. That has always been my problem is the weekends. I do good with the Monday - Friday routine. Had a busy weekend, getting house cleaned for a Domione party Saturday night. Didnt even have time to sit and watch the Gators beat Tennesse. Had it on the TV listening, I wanted to so bad grab a beer sit down an chill and watch the game but knew I had way to much to get done. Sunday met friends at a sport bar to watch Cowboys lose another game. :( I didnt do to bad on food choice for the weekend but could have done a lot better. So that is my goal for next weekend, better food choices, get my water in.
  • meljones
    meljones Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join in??? I am really needing some motivation and ya'll seem like a great group!
  • krklstephi
    krklstephi Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Oh noooo, not chicken & dumplings.......one of my favorites! You must share how you make your dumplings......do you have a low cal recipe? Do you drop them into your chicken broth or do you have a way of steaming them over the broth. Mama used to have a steamer rack that sat inside the top rim of the soup pot and a real tall lid that sat on top of that. And those were the best ever dumplings. Never have I ever seen a pot like that since. Dumplings were real light and fluffy.....then ya pour your chicken & thickened broth over the top. I can almost smell those dumplings now.

LOL I use the bisquick mix for my dumplings and make them according to the directions. They are sooo good, very fluffy!!! I also make more of a stewish. I add potatoes and mixed veggies and a buillion cube or two depending on how big of a pot I am making. It is really good. Weird thing is---my son won't even try it!!!
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    for friday end of the week
  • lavondrew
    Options
    Not just a WEWT WEWT but also a Hallelujah! ;-)

Everybody can join this group. If you want to be, *ding* now you are.

I don't care what day of the week we report weigh ins; I weigh every day so I can see what a normally fluctuating range is. Whatever day you want that info, I'll post it.
  • krklstephi
    Options
    Ugh so bad day yesterday. Food started out great, but then my lovely son, had a meltdown at school and decided he didn't want to be there anymore so he walked home (teacher trailing behind him) and knocked on the door a few times. I ignored it because it is the same crap from last year. His teacher got him back to school. Then when school was out he was whiney and cranky and I decided it was an early bed night. Which then led to sleep walking and trying to sleep walk outside. And then this mornin there were already issues. I think full moon must be getting close. And I decided if today is the same way and the week ends like this then I need a visit from my friends either Jack, Jose, or Jim. Maybe all three in no particular order!!!
  • cassieinor
    Options
    Thanks Stephanie.....Sounds interesting with the veggies in it. I generally use onion and maybe celery ......mostly rely on my spices. I love dumplings ....noodles, any kind of pasta for that matter. That's probably my biggest weight issue. That and the fact my husband loves his candy and ice cream.....he only needs to lose maybe 30lbs though he isn't seeing it as a problem....yet. If I could stop eating most of the breads, pastas.....all that stuff that's so satisfying.....maybe I could be skinny one day. Ya think? I gotta keep trying. Next time I make dumplings, I'm gonna add some veggies to it. Give it a try.
  • cassieinor
    Options
    Had to stop and think about your "boyfriends' names......LOL....that's too funny. Maybe tomorrow will be better. Keep your chin up and just keep puttin' one foot in front of the other. I know sometimes it's not easy.
  • cassieinor
    Options
    Hey Everyone......I'm the first one on Page 15............how about that??? LOL
  • krklstephi
    Options
    Thanks Stephanie.....Sounds interesting with the veggies in it. I generally use onion and maybe celery ......mostly rely on my spices. I love dumplings ....noodles, any kind of pasta for that matter. That's probably my biggest weight issue. That and the fact my husband loves his candy and ice cream.....he only needs to lose maybe 30lbs though he isn't seeing it as a problem....yet. If I could stop eating most of the breads, pastas.....all that stuff that's so satisfying.....maybe I could be skinny one day. Ya think? I gotta keep trying. Next time I make dumplings, I'm gonna add some veggies to it. Give it a try.

I think you should try the veggies in it. When I was younger my mom did basic chicken and dumplings. Then when I was in middle school we added potatoes. Then high school, a bag of mixed veggies was added. Oh my goodness, it is so much more filling that just chicken and dumplings and you get veggies. I have been known to skip over a dumplin and just have chicken veggie soup. If you try it, let me know what ya think :)
  • krklstephi
    Options
    Yesterday I was hungry all day. I don't know why, I just know I wanted to eat and eat and eat. I was trying to find filling foods but nothing would work :( Hopefully today is better...
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I just joined MFP yesterday and I already feel like I have tons of support to lose the weight I need to lose. I'll join too.
  • cassieinor
    Options
    Oh no...I can't skip the dumplings....LOL....I'll let ya know when I try it.
  • cassieinor
    Options
    Water.....drink a gob....lots...;-)
  • tamariskmills
    Options
    :happy: Just got under the 100 lbs point . You'll make it. :happy:
  • cassieinor
    Options
    This is a good place to be. Everyone is real nice, very supportive. I do need the accountability as well as the motivation I get here. Keep coming back. ;-)
  • krklstephi
    Options
    Good morning!!!!! Well yesterday was not bad, I was not hungry all day! Thank goodness. So tonight I go to the seminar for the weight loss surgery. I receive the lengthy application and once I turn it in they can review it and decide if I get the procedure or not. I hope so!!!!!