Replies

• RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    desserts that I didn't make
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I do what I want as long as I can Make it work in a happy # of calories. :happy:
  • CrazyCatLadylovescats
    Options
    Wheat based stuff, including bread and pasta. Can I sustain this and live without this? Yes, yes I can. I feel much better without it. No more sinus headaches on a weekly basis, no achy hip needing pain killers. Rice, legumes, corn...they are very, very limited because when I do eat them I don't get as much volume and then I am hungry and I hate being hungry. When I get to a maintaining phase, I will probably eat the same. I enjoy (probably too much) the food I cook. I don't feel like I am missing much of anything.

As far as hating...cooked green or red bell peppers. Nasty mouth feel that makes me gag. Boiled hot dogs. Would rather have real meat for the price.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Craving Captain D's lately, will probably find a way to work it in. You should nevrr give up any foods that you love. Only eat in moderation.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I've not cut anything completely out. I just have to decide if what I want to eat will fit into my calories or if I want it enough to have it and be over. I'd never last if I cut out foods I actually like.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    i exclude foods i don't like...

...and evil foods like asparagus, brussels sprouts, and black licorice.
  • ferrytrip
    ferrytrip Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I try not to buy chips/crisps - I can't just eat one.
  • shadowharuka
    shadowharuka Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I don't drink pop anymore, it's easy for me to gain weight drinking it personally. To me the weight loss and getting rid of caffeine addiction made it worth it. But I still have my favorite unhealthy foods in moderation.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I don't have any food allergies or sensitivities, so no foods are off limits.

some are in my "not every day" list, but I still have them.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    i exclude foods i don't like...

...and evil foods like asparagus, brussels sprouts, and black licorice.

I think I have suffered an alignment change. I embrace the evil of asparagus and sprouts....black licorice is still chaotic evil though.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I don't eat things that don't taste good.
  • JuantonBliss
    JuantonBliss Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    ALL fast foods, even the salads.
    No meat (vegetarian).
    I eat very, very, VERY!!! little junk food.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    nothing

I include all the foods I enjoy in my diet.

^ This.
  • andresconejo
    Options
    I just dont eat deep fried/ breaded foods... i have a weakness for sweets so i eat them if they fit my macros :)
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I no longer eat anything with artificial sweeteners because of sensitivity, but other than that nothing.
    I've cut way back on junk foods and sugar but if I want something I still eat it if I still have calories left for it.
  • Terry_21
    Options
    For me its pizza,coke & ice cream....i luv it but cant have it :(
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Anything growing green fuzz that shouldn't be there
    Milk that's started going sour … ick!
    Food left sitting out for too long that should have been in the fridge.
    Food from a can that is bulging
    Anything that is tasting funny or off (like the egg mix thing that was past its date :noway: )

That's pretty much it. Anything else I figure is okay, in moderation. I don't eat a lot of mayo, but if I'm having a BLT or tuna salad, I'm not going to leave it off. I tend to avoid HFCS, but there are some foods I want that have some, like BBQ sauce. So I wouldn't call either of them no-nos.

ETA: pickles! That's just nasty!! And I don't drink alcohol, but I don't exactly consider that a food (and it's a personal choice based on family history, not necessarily a "nutrition" choice)
  • cici418
    cici418 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ditto.....nothing excluded...just count EVERYTHING
    except Blue Bell ice cream....Blue Bell is the devil!!! LOL...jk
  • griffith5150
    Options
    Sodas but I been avoiding them for now two years. Accidentally drank a sip a few weeks ago thinking it was my diet ice tea... my fiance loved my reaction... I was running to the sink trying to wash my mouth out. I was like I used to drink that????

Oh yah really greasy greasy food, makes my stomach go nuts now.
  • gevaisa
    gevaisa Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    the only thing i've been actively cutting down on is soda - but everything else goes