Cauliflower Birthday Cake?

Options

Replies

• paulinesills5
    Options
    Why cauliflower? Try this. Separate 4 eggs. Mix yolks with 5 tablespoons sweetener (splenda) 1 tsp baking powder, 70g polenta flour, juice one lemon. Whisk egg whites till stiff and fold into yolk mix. Pour into cake tin and bake till golden. Cut cake in half when cold and fill with quark mixed with sweetener and lemon juice. Fat free, sugar free and gluten free. Enjoy
  • annasor70
    annasor70 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Why does it have to be cauliflower? You could make a delicious and healthy treat like this;

http://vidyacleanse.com/2013/08/celebrating-life-recipe-for-a-raw-vegan-orange-chocolate-mousse-cake/

It's got no flour, fake sweeteners, eggs or dairy in it...you can't lose!
  • hdjjones
    hdjjones Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Why cauliflower? Why not just make a chocolate souffle?:flowerforyou:
  • hdjjones
    hdjjones Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Place in the refridgerator for 3 hours? Why not just take it right to the compost bin and make something useful out of it?::frown:
  • ladypitek
    ladypitek Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    *deletes from friend list*

That wasn't nice.

Maybe not nice but definitely HILARIOUS. You people are all WAY too sensitive and really need to learn how to take a joke.
  • teddyjazzy
    teddyjazzy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower Chocolate Cake

3/4 cup spelt flour or white flour or Arrowhead Mills gf (120g)
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (20g)
    2 tsp ener-g powder, or 2 tbsp ground flax. You can omit; the cake just won’t rise as much.
    1/3 cup xylitol or sugar (64g)
    1/8 tsp uncut stevia or 4 nunaturals packets (or 1/4 cup more sugar)
    1/2 to 1 cup mini chocolate chips (60-120g) (Do not omit. The recipe just won’t be the same if you do.)
    1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
    2 loosely-packed cups frozen cauliflower, thawed completely but not cooked (250g) (Or omit and sub 1 cup canned pumpkin, if cauliflower is too weird for you. I might even like the pumpkin version better!)
    1/2 cup milk of choice. For pumpkin version, use just 1/3 cup milk (or 1/2 cup if omitting oil).
    3 tbsp oil (or omit and increase milk to scant 2/3 cup, for a lower-fat option)

Preheat oven to 350F, and grease an 8×8 square baking dish. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl, and mix very well. Combine all liquid ingredients and the cauliflower in a food processor and blend until super-smooth, so there are NO lumps whatsoever. Pour wet into dry, and mix until just combined, then pour into prepared pan and bake 30 minutes. (Or you can try my super-gooey way: bake only 14 minutes and then leave uncovered in the fridge overnight, and it’ll firm up and turn out like fudge! Not everyone likes this undercooked texture; I wouldn’t serve my gooey version to anyone but me!) Let cool completely. After a day, this cake is best stored in the fridge.

Based on 9 big squares:

Calories: 120
    Fat: 2.5g
    Carbs: 25g
    Fiber: 4g
    Protein: 3.5g
    ww points (new system): 3 points
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    *deletes from friend list*

That wasn't nice.

Maybe not nice but definitely HILARIOUS. You people are all WAY too sensitive and really need to learn how to take a joke.

The irony clearly bypassed you.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    has-anyone-else-noticed-this_o_527588.jpg

Proof that cauliflower is evil

He didn't always look like that....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTctYArzco5_-cKFTKSPdHqlvtHReAh5_LPMIbygkpBP2V3PnhXWQ
  • pankuneho
    pankuneho Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    How about a watermelon 'cake"? You cut a watermelon into a cylinder, frost it with whipped coconut milk, and then decorate the top with fruits. It looks like a cake, and would certainly provide a festive touch! Here is the link for the recipe...
    http://www.paleocupboard.com/watermelon-cake.html
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I want this cake for my birthday!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAWEupRAR3p7vZMlw2ZnQblH3lWGsUtLqoufg0GcSo_cJFutxl

WHAAAAA???? I bake cakes..... and this blows my mind a little.
    I can't image how long that would take.
  • yourgirlbribri
    yourgirlbribri Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Look on the dessert blog ChocolateCoveredKatie she has a vegan chocolate cauliflower cake on there. It is called Crazy Cake.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Santana_Crying.gif
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Quit it guys, I don't like most sweet things. Most my life I have been like that. I have a lot of taste buds that register the sweet in my tongue and sometime really sweet things feel like a 9 bolt battery on the tongue. I love the idea of savory options for my birthday. Of course if I'm having a get together to have both the sweet cake and something savory for me. Don't beat anyone who wants that. I personally love having steaks grilled for my birthday and than get my kids frozen custard afterword. That way everyone wins. That said since joining MFP my desire for sweets seemed to incress. Since i told myself my macros and put a said limit, I find myself craving it more. It's amazing the power of wanting what you can't have is. Had a piece of cake the other day and just dealt with it being too much sugar for my tastes. I couldn't imagine how it is for people that loved cake and ice cream before restricting. Must take will power to want the cauliflower cake. Hope your birthday is wonderful

She said in one of her comments she is looking for a fudgy chocolate recipe....it was in reply to the person who posted the cornbread like recipe
    Well it shouldn't matter, maybe its good, maybe its horrible. I imagine if the boards hadn't heard of carrot cake before this would be the same type of witch hunt.
    I'm looking for a nice carrot cake recipe for my birthday.
    WHAT!!!!!! CARROTS in a CAKE...... Barf... Gross... Please die.... Shun HER. Shun the women who wants to add carrots to a cake.
    Is carrot cake healthy? No. Does it add plant based fiber to the cake? Yes. Does plant based fiber help against sugar spikes? Yes. Could cauliflower also add plant based fiber to the cake? Yes. Could it be a balance of sweet and savory and be delisious? Maybe. Would it be a healthier but not completely healthy alternative? Yes. Is she going to force you to make one and eat it? No
  • paulinesills5
    Options
    Why cauliflower? Try this. Separate 4 eggs. Mix yolks with 5 tablespoons sweetener (splenda) 1 tsp baking powder, 70g polenta flour, juice one lemon. Whisk egg whites till stiff and fold into yolk mix. Pour into cake tin and bake till golden. Cut cake in half when cold and fill with quark mixed with sweetener and lemon juice. Fat free, sugar free and gluten free. Enjoy
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
  • kmayne
    kmayne Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    found some cauliflower ice cream to go with it

http://tannerlovescauliflower.blogspot.de/2013/04/cake-batter-ice-cream.html

enjoy!
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    seriously the same three or four recipes/suggestions keep getting repeated....do people even read threads before responding? For a thread that is only five pages long this is pretty sad...
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Quit it guys, I don't like most sweet things. Most my life I have been like that. I have a lot of taste buds that register the sweet in my tongue and sometime really sweet things feel like a 9 bolt battery on the tongue. I love the idea of savory options for my birthday. Of course if I'm having a get together to have both the sweet cake and something savory for me. Don't beat anyone who wants that. I personally love having steaks grilled for my birthday and than get my kids frozen custard afterword. That way everyone wins. That said since joining MFP my desire for sweets seemed to incress. Since i told myself my macros and put a said limit, I find myself craving it more. It's amazing the power of wanting what you can't have is. Had a piece of cake the other day and just dealt with it being too much sugar for my tastes. I couldn't imagine how it is for people that loved cake and ice cream before restricting. Must take will power to want the cauliflower cake. Hope your birthday is wonderful

She said in one of her comments she is looking for a fudgy chocolate recipe....it was in reply to the person who posted the cornbread like recipe
    Well it shouldn't matter, maybe its good, maybe its horrible. I imagine if the boards hadn't heard of carrot cake before this would be the same type of witch hunt.
    WHAT!!!!!! CARROTS in a CAKE...... Barf... Gross... Please die.... Shun HER. Shun the women who wants to add carrots to a cake.
    Is carrot cake healthy? No. Does it add plant based fiber to the cake? Yes. Does plant based fiber help against sugar spikes? Yes. Could cauliflower also add plant based fiber to the cake? Yes. Could it be a balance of sweet and savory and be delisious? Maybe. Would it be a healthier but not completely healthy alternative? Yes. Is she going to force you to make one and eat it? No

tumblr_lgswiiAGqo1qafrh6.gif
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    found some cauliflower ice cream to go with it

http://tannerlovescauliflower.blogspot.de/2013/04/cake-batter-ice-cream.html

enjoy!

The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options

tumblr_lgswiiAGqo1qafrh6.gif

I not mad just defending the OP