Options
    2ns6nax.jpg
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I submit to you that what you REALLY want is:

chickpea chocolate torte.

10 oz (300G) semi-sweet chocolate, chopped OR 1.5 cup (375ml) semi-sweet chocolate chips

1 19oz (540ml) can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained

4 eggs
    3/4 cups (175ml) granulated sugar

preheat oven to 350F (180C)
    1. melt chocolate in double boiler (microwave) until smooth
    2. in a food processor, combine chickpeas, eggs and sugar; process until smooth. Add melted chocolate and blend until smooth, stopping occasionally to scrape sides.
    4. spread batter in a greased 9-inch round cake pan. Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 -15 minutes before transferring to serving plate.
    Dust with gluten free icing sugar before serving.

EDIT: you don't NEED gluten free icing sugar, the original recipe is celiac friendly is all.
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    2ns6nax.jpg
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

this^^^^^:devil:
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    ed27e097_modulescopperminealbumsuserpics72330Cauliflower.jpeg

Best thing EVER!! I make cakes, and if someone asked for this, I would be so happy
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    *deletes from friend list*

LOL. I was gonna say that no one's going to want to come to her party. LOL.
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Try this instead! Have a little sugar! It's your birthday.

1184815_380804905379333_811887097_n_zpsa10c06ed.jpg[/URL]

I LOVE THIS IDEA!!! Nobody wants heavy cake when they're drinking, but THIS, ice it up after you've been feeding it vodka for a couple of days? YES
  • 748marie
    748marie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Your Birthday only comes once a year! Enjoy it!
  • teddyjazzy
    teddyjazzy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    <b>This is a true story:</b>

My boss adopts a vegan diet every year during the 40 days of Lent. He will eat nothing that comes from an animal. Unfortunately, his birthday falls in March so I would have to buy him a fruit bowl as there are no vegan bakeries near work while the rest of the employees indulged on birthday cake. He mentioned to me that he had not eaten a cake on his birthday in the 10 years that he started observing this fast.

I couldn't believe it, so I asked him why he just doesn't give up the fast for one day out of the 40 to observe his *birthday". He told me that fasting is a choice and is a test of your willpower. If he gave up the fast for one day he would give in to temptation (the devil) as it was the easy thing to do. We are tempted every day to make a choice and we are stronger than we think.

I am a part-time cake decorator so the following year I decided to find a recipe for vegan carrot cake (his favorite) and bake him a cake complete with frosting. I can't tell you how shocked he was when I placed the 9x13 frosted carrot cake in from of him along with the recipe for him to validate that it was truly vegan. He was thrilled that he could enjoy his favorite cake on his birthday and still follow the vegan diet that he committed to for Lent. I was only annoyed at the rest of the staff because they also wanted to try his birthday cake instead of the other cake and some were so inconsiderate that they were taking seconds. I had to pack away what was left of his cake so that he could take it home and share it with his family who were also fasting.

When I read the responses to the OPs posts my boss came to mind.

We joined this site with the common goal to lose or maintain weight. We are tempted everyday with food yet we make choices that are part of the healthy lifestyle that we chose to adopt. Yes, some of you will give up that one day for your birthday to eat a "real" birthday cake but it doesn't mean that all of us will. It is not our place to judge but be supportive in someone's choices.

I bet most of you who had expressed "opinions" of the cauliflower chocolate cake had never even tried one. I'm sure if you did you would modify your posts.
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    That sounds interesting. I've never made it but I'm curious to see how it's done!
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Mix 2 parts dirt with one part water. Stir with stick. Form into cake shape with hands. Set in sun to dry. Eat dirt. Happy birthday!
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

My birthday is in a few short weeks and I'm looking for a good cauliflower birthday cake recipe. I'd like it to have only a handful of carbs, and of course no refined flour or sugar and preferably low fat, and high fiber. I'm really trying to make it a clean birthday cake. Thanks for your help!!!

:flowerforyou:
    So far down the thread I'm sure nobody will get to this, but...

Okay, let's review our macros: CARBS - FAT - PROTEINS
    Now, all food fall's into at least 1 of those 3 categories, many foods are a combination of at least 2 of these categories.
    You are going to have a really hard time if you severely restrict any one category let alone 2 of the 3 categories.

COMPLEX CARBS
    HAPPY FATS (plant and fish based)
    LEAN PROTEINS

P.S. Can you let me know how to get fiber without carbs?
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    ed27e097_modulescopperminealbumsuserpics72330Cauliflower.jpeg

I don't think this is what she meant. LOL
  • brillmer
    brillmer Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I have a crazy idea.

Get a real birthday cake and enjoy it. :)
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    The watermelon "cake" is pretty adorable. I'd serve it at a non-birthday party.
  • MudDancer
    MudDancer Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this has already been posted

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/06/18/cauliflower-chocolate-cake/

Chocolate covered Katie- Extreme Chocolate Cake.

Happy Birthday!:drinker:
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    I l.o.v.e cauliflower , but if I really wanted a birthday cake ( which I haven't for most of my life ) I would make a real one with good unprocessed flour, eat a decent slice, enjoy it and give the rest away.
    But since I believe that birthdays can be celebrated without cake it's not really an issue for me. You could have birthday ice cream, a birthday toast with one beverage of your choice and quite a few other options.
    A cauliflower cake would not do it for me......cauliflower gratin with some cheese on top( and maybe even a candle ) yes, but cauliflower cake....no. I think that this is mostly for people who need sweet stuff at any cost and put up with anything as long as it tastes like a sweet treat.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    1 medium cauliflower, 650g-700g
    1 large red onion, peeled
    100g olive oil
    ½ tsp finely chopped rosemary
    5 medium free-range eggs
    20g chopped basil
    50g plain flour
    1½ tsp baking powder
    ½ tsp ground turmeric
    220g grated parmesan, or other mature cheese
    Salt and black pepper
    2 tbsp black sesame seeds (or black onion seeds or plain sesame seeds)
    candles

Happy Birthday

Cauliflower-cake-005.jpg

That looks really delicious (actually) but maybe I can replace the flour with more cauliflower? And the oil with egg whites?

I mean, for a good recipe. I'm looking for a fudgy chocolate iced cauliflower cake here.

Or.... you could roast a head of cauliflower and stick birthday candles in it!
  • joyce0624
    joyce0624 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later:laugh:
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    That one people keep insulting looks really yummy just as a regular meal.

On substituting ingredients, replace flour with another flour. It's needed to react with the baking powder to rise. so switch from an all purpose to almond or some of the other gluten free options. Replacing oil in sweet recipes like muffins and cakes is an easy 1 to 1 ratio swap with applesauce. It will actually be moister. Also, because gluten is a protein, replacing flour with a gluten-free will bring down the protein level, so if the recipe calls for water, you can exchange 1/2 cup of water for 1 egg white.

Happy pre-Birthday!